• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Rex Ryan should only just be a DC anyway, because he's an amazing DC, he just can't run an offense. Going into a situation like the Bills where they already have a great DC and an offense that's lacking is just setting them up for another 10 years of under .500

Mye

Someone has to win..
Rex Ryan should only just be a DC anyway, because he's an amazing DC, he just can't run an offense. Going into a situation like the Bills where they already have a great DC and an offense that's lacking is just setting them up for another 10 years of under .500

Kinda. It's gonna be interesting to see who they put in charge of offensive coordinator duties (I really hope they go after Josh McDaniels or Shanahan) as if they pick up a few pieces it could work. That being said, their quarterback situation right now is arguably worse than the jets' right now as they're further down the draft board than the jets and don't have as much cap room as they do (if I recall, the jets have about 28m in cap space more than the bills) so finding a quality free agent one is going to be difficult. In all likelyhood, we're probably going to see a worse offense for the bills next year with someone like Matt Schaub/Jordan Palmer/Chad Henne under center, with a top-5 ypg defense. Whether that is playoff-worthy will depend entirely on how much worse the Jets/Dolphins get in the offseason.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
An hour later, and Rodgers is still playing. We all know what Flynn is capable of, why isn't he in the game?

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
And the winner of the playoff game is the refs' wallets.

Shame the Packers and Cowboys couldn't come to play today. Was hoping I'd get to see them duke it out.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Packers barely win this one, but as I said, would rather lose in Seattle than at home. At least with playing in Seattle we know we're going to lose.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
And the winner of the playoff game is the refs' wallets.

Shame the Packers and Cowboys couldn't come to play today. Was hoping I'd get to see them duke it out.

Dude, if the refs' wallets won, that last play would've been ruled a catch. The Cowboys have a single morally bankrupt owner, the Packers have shareholders. Good luck getting some 80,000 shareholders to coordinate a bribe.

EDIT: Colts are just about to win. Thank God I don't have to deal with another week of Brady-Manning hype until next year.

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, I'm actually glad Denver lost. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think they stood a chance (running a hybrid offense with one of the best QB's in the league is just bad) but at least now we can actually see variety before the inevitable seattle vs new england showdown. Also, from what I've heard Doug Marrone is in the frontrunning to be the new jets coach. Anyone else confused by this?

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
My pre-season Superbowl is still alive, and nothing I saw this week makes me think I was wrong.

Superbowl 49: Seattle vs Indianapolis

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Yeah, I'm actually glad Denver lost. Don't get me wrong, I didn't think they stood a chance (running a hybrid offense with one of the best QB's in the league is just bad) but at least now we can actually see variety before the inevitable seattle vs new england showdown. Also, from what I've heard Doug Marrone is in the frontrunning to be the new jets coach. Anyone else confused by this?

So basically, they might be trading coaches? What goddamn sense does that make?

Navin

MALDREAD
I remember Luck getting criticized here and elsewhere. Say what you want to want to about him, but Colts have gone 11-5 last 3 regular seasons, and Luck has taken his team one round farther in playoffs each time (wildcard loss; wildcard win/divisional loss; and now wildcard/divisional win).

Mye

Someone has to win..
I remember Luck getting criticized here and elsewhere. Say what you want to want to about him, but Colts have gone 11-5 last 3 regular seasons, and Luck has taken his team one round farther in playoffs each time (wildcard loss; wildcard win/divisional loss; and now wildcard/divisional win).

Yeah, the problem I have with him has nothing to do with his improvements, more so that he has yet to really "prove himself". He plays in a ridiculously weak division that for the past 10 seasons hasn't had more than two teams win more than 6 games and offensively has had arguably better talent surrounding him as compared to guys like Brady/Roethlisburger/Romo (latter two got ridiculously lucky this season) yet whenever he faces a team that isn't godawful (the patriots being a good example) he slows down and becomes a bit too "average". If Luck really wants to prove to everyone that he's a good QB, he'll go out next sunday and thoroughly smash the patriots, and then go to Arizona and thoroughly smash the Seahawks. Plenty of less talented QB's have won with way less talent around them (for god sakes, Eli Manning has actually won a superbowl and Chicago made one with Rex "Eww that's" Grossman at QB), there should be no excuse for him not doing so as well considering he was supposed to be a "once in a generation QB".

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Cowboys fans last week: It's just one bad call, it didn't decide the game.

Cowboys fans this week: That was a bad call! That cost us the game!

Navin

MALDREAD
Yeah, the problem I have with him has nothing to do with his improvements, more so that he has yet to really "prove himself". He plays in a ridiculously weak division that for the past 10 seasons hasn't had more than two teams win more than 6 games and offensively has had arguably better talent surrounding him as compared to guys like Brady/Roethlisburger/Romo (latter two got ridiculously lucky this season) yet whenever he faces a team that isn't godawful (the patriots being a good example) he slows down and becomes a bit too "average". If Luck really wants to prove to everyone that he's a good QB, he'll go out next sunday and thoroughly smash the patriots, and then go to Arizona and thoroughly smash the Seahawks. Plenty of less talented QB's have won with way less talent around them (for god sakes, Eli Manning has actually won a superbowl and Chicago made one with Rex "Eww that's" Grossman at QB), there should be no excuse for him not doing so as well considering he was supposed to be a "once in a generation QB".

Luck has done more than Manning at same point in their careers. Manning is considered an all-time great QB but his post-season record isn't great. Manning was over a year older than Luck when he made his 3rd post-season, and in all three Colts lost immediately.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Cowboys fans last week: It's just one bad call, it didn't decide the game.

Cowboys fans this week: That was a bad call! That cost us the game!
To save face they're trying to still call the Lion fans whiners and then say it's the Cowboys own fault for not winning... except then the choke is in full effect if that's the case and the very players they defended last week will be targets

Mye

Someone has to win..
Luck has done more than Manning at same point in their careers. Manning is considered an all-time great QB but his post-season record isn't great. Manning was over a year older than Luck when he made his 3rd post-season, and in all three Colts lost immediately.

Yeah, the problem with Luck (and manning as well, sorta) is that there are certain teams he just gets obliterated by. With the way this league is heading right now, we're starting to see three kinds of qb's develop: those who have a decent shot of winning vs ANY team (Brady, Rodgers, Russel Wilson, Brees), those who struggle against certain teams (Luck, Dalton*, Flacco), and those who are way too inconsistent to be able to put them into the former two categories (Romo, Vick, Kaepernick). One trend with Luck that we've seen as of late, is like Dalton he often struggles against teams with decent defenses and more importantly winning records (he was 4-5 this season vs teams that finished with winning records this season and has been a rather "meh" 8-8 over the past two). If Luck really wants to be considered a "top tier" qb, he has to do two things: shake off that weird trend he's gotten himself into and beat those teams, and more importantly he needs to win a superbowl. Until he does, he's always gonna be deemed inferior to Wilson and everyone's going to be comparing him to the next peyton manning rather than the first Andrew Luck.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So John Fox has left the Broncos. Dysfunction in Denver? Will Josh McDaniels get his old job back?

Actually, I'm half-serious about McDaniels. He's probably not gonna take the job, but he's had a little experience since his last stint, he could probably learn to implement the Game Plan offense in Denver. That'd be sweet.