• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Kansas_Rocks!

Awesomeness Trainer
To name a few, Darren Sproles, Jordy Nelson, Terence Newman, Martin Gramatica were all 4+ star huge recruits in their respective positions. Bill Snyder has had a plethora of big name recruits over his time in Kansas St., even if his teams aren't dominated by 4-5 star players.

Darren Sproles was unranked, Jordy Nelson was a two star, Terence Newman was unranked, and I couldn't find anything for Gramatica. They weren't highly touted. I don't know where your numbers came from, though, so I would like to see them. And that was not meant to come off as rude. If it did, I am sorry.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Not much to look forward to in Nebraska other than football and corn.

Oh yeah, I met Jim Harbaugh a couple of days ago. Spoke to him briefly, and wished him luck on the season ahead.

I wish I could meet Harbaugh. I'm so sad that I probably won't be attending any games this season. Hopefully Michigan plays their hardest, and has a good season. I know Michigan won't win it all in year one under Harbaugh, but I think he will have Michigan back. It will take time, though. Unless he works a miracle in year one, but that won't be easy.

Navin

MALDREAD
I wish I could meet Harbaugh. I'm so sad that I probably won't be attending any games this season. Hopefully Michigan plays their hardest, and has a good season. I know Michigan won't win it all in year one under Harbaugh, but I think he will have Michigan back. It will take time, though. Unless he works a miracle in year one, but that won't be easy.

A 9-3 season with one win against either MSU or OSU plus a victory at the bowl game to get to a double digit season would be a great start, but not a cause of overwhelming expectations like it was for Hoke. I'm happy with 9-4 and above, with the losses being competitive.

I'm expecting an 8-4 season again from LSU (my team). Expecting losses against Ole Miss, Miss St., Alabama and Arkansas. Most around town think that this team can potentially contend, but i can only see it happening if there is either 1) dramatic QB improvement or 2) prolific running performances from Leonard Fournette. It's really sad that LSU has to go every year without a consistently good QB. Mettenberger was decent, but sometimes just ugh.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
A 9-3 season with one win against either MSU or OSU plus a victory at the bowl game to get to a double digit season would be a great start, but not a cause of overwhelming expectations like it was for Hoke. I'm happy with 9-4 and above, with the losses being competitive.

This pretty much sums up what I think. I can see Michigan definitely being a 9 win team MAYBE 10 wins. I know I know that might be pushing the envelope. Just imagine if Harbaugh beats MSU and OSU in his first season. That would be incredible, but I won't get my hopes up. A win over either of those teams, especially OSU would be incredible.

I personally can't see Michigan as more than an 8 win team myself. Too many negatives regarding their offense. Ohio State and Michigan St. are clear losses to me. Utah has proven to be a problem for Michigan in the past, so i could see that as a potential loss. Other potential losses could also come from Minnesota (if they play the way they did last year) and Penn State, and BYU. Overall though i think a 7-5 season is likely and a fair pick.

P.S. Although i thoroughly enjoyed watching App. St. beat Michigan way back when i do hope to see Michigan succeed against Ohio State. Loathe that fanbase, especially with Urban Meyer as their coach.

Navin

MALDREAD
I personally can't see Michigan as more than an 8 win team myself. Too many negatives regarding their offense. Ohio State and Michigan St. are clear losses to me. Utah has proven to be a problem for Michigan in the past, so i could see that as a potential loss. Other potential losses could also come from Minnesota (if they play the way they did last year) and Penn State, and BYU. Overall though i think a 7-5 season is likely and a fair pick.

Thing is a clutch coach often has the intangibles to pull out losing games to victory. Urban's OSU should have lost a bunch of games in the last three seasons (including the first two games against UM), but pulled out the wins. OSU, MSU, and Utah might be losses, but the rest all look like potential victories. Even with that disappointing season last year, we still were 5-7, although it could have easily been 7-5 had the Rutgers and Maryland games went slightly in our favor.

P.S. Although i thoroughly enjoyed watching App. St. beat Michigan way back when i do hope to see Michigan succeed against Ohio State. Loathe that fanbase, especially with Urban Meyer as their coach.

Michigan is like that cocky but well-meaning good protagonist compared to the ruthless evil antagonist that is Ohio State. Ohio State's fanbase is terrible. Pretty sure if I went down to the Horseshoe and Michigan won, my car would be on fire by the time I returned to it. Although MSU's fanbase is proving to be just as obnoxious just by how much of a whiny inferiority complex they have.

And boo, your coach loves Michigan, and deep down probably wishes he had the chance to coach here in another reality.

Thing is a clutch coach often has the intangibles to pull out losing games to victory. Urban's OSU should have lost a bunch of games in the last three seasons (including the first two games against UM), but pulled out the wins. OSU, MSU, and Utah might be losses, but the rest all look like potential victories. Even with that disappointing season last year, we still were 5-7, although it could have easily been 7-5 had the Rutgers and Maryland games went slightly in our favor.

Michigan is like that cocky but well-meaning good protagonist compared to the ruthless evil antagonist that is Ohio State. Ohio State's fanbase is terrible. Pretty sure if I went down to the Horseshoe and Michigan won, my car would be on fire by the time I returned to it. Although MSU's fanbase is proving to be just as obnoxious just by how much of a whiny inferiority complex they have.

And boo, your coach loves Michigan, and deep down probably wishes he had the chance to coach here in another reality.

Having met with and talked to him more than a handful of times i'd argue otherwise. Les likes it down here , even if it may not be reciprocated at times. I've never gone to nor do i intend to ever go to OSU's campus for a game, but know all too well their fanbase. All I can say is that it was a good day in New Orleans on one particular January day as an LSU fan, and not so much for the cocky OSU fan. Still, they aren't the worst fanbase out there. Florida is arguably the worst fanbase in the SEC. If not them then Alabama. Outside of them i loathe West Virginia fans. Probably the trashiest i've experienced. Morgantown was like going to a trailer park filled with the cast of The Hills Have Eyes.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Every year it seems an Alabama football fan kills someone in a bar fight so I'm going with them.

Every year it seems an Alabama football fan kills someone in a bar fight so I'm going with them.
Someone must've used Roll Tide out of context again. They take that seriously. I've found that an easy way to get rid of an Alabama fan or avoid an altercation with one is to simply tip over their scooters/rascals or just pop the tire of said laziness machine and walk away.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I won't lie. I've always wanted to see a Michigan and LSU home and home series. I would seriously try to go down to Baton Rouge just so I could watch Michigan play at Tigers Stadium. I heard that place is LOUD. Let's see what the future holds. If they both play each other hopefully Michigan is back to their dominant ways by then. I want to see great games, not blowouts. I want Michigan to be competitive with LSU.

I won't lie. I've always wanted to see a Michigan and LSU home and home series. I would seriously try to go down to Baton Rouge just so I could watch Michigan play at Tigers Stadium. I heard that place is LOUD. Let's see what the future holds. If they both play each other hopefully Michigan is back to their dominant ways by then. I want to see great games, not blowouts. I want Michigan to be competitive with LSU.
As long as Les Miles is at LSU I don't think we'll see a UM-LSU game. Too much in terms of dramatics.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
As long as Les Miles is at LSU I don't think we'll see a UM-LSU game. Too much in terms of dramatics.

After Lloyd Carr retired a lot of us thought Les Miles would be the next coach at Michigan. I remember back in 2007 when Kirk Herbstreit reported that Les Miles accepted the job at Michigan.....Les Miles saw the reports and debunked them immediately. Les really likes it at LSU, so I wish him the best.

After Lloyd Carr retired a lot of us thought Les Miles would be the next coach at Michigan. I remember back in 2007 when Kirk Herbstreit reported that Les Miles accepted the job at Michigan.....Les Miles saw the reports and debunked them immediately. Les really likes it at LSU, so I wish him the best.
That was hilarious. I remember that very well. Always good to see Kirk Herbstreit get embarrassed.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That was hilarious. I remember that very well. Always good to see Kirk Herbstreit get embarrassed.

I was definitely fine with Kirk getting embarrassed. I know all fanbases have their fair share of cocky fans, but Buckeye fans....Ugh....

If I get the chance to watch a Michigan/Ohio State game down in Columbus I doubt I go. I remember the 2006 Michigan/Ohio State game. After the game ended it was madness.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I'm so hyped for Thursday! College football! Hopefully Michigan can beat Utah in the opener. Harbaugh has been extremely mum on the depth chart, and I'm fine with that.

Navin

MALDREAD
I'm so hyped for Thursday! College football! Hopefully Michigan can beat Utah in the opener. Harbaugh has been extremely mum on the depth chart, and I'm fine with that.

I think Rudock will start from what I've heard. It will be interesting to see how we'll play. Also be interested in how active of a role Harbaugh coaches on the field. No headset Hoke always just seemed to be clapping and letting the coordinators do their thing (even if that wasn't the case necessarily).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I'm not sure I like the Ravens' chances as much after that game against the Redskins. Everything seemed to fall apart after Steve Smith was ejected from the game and we're still pretty vulnerable at CB. Hopefully Breshad Perriman recovers and we don't have a lot of injuries at WR or CB or we could be in for a rough year.