• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Taking Bosa still hurts the Ravens though. As I said, the Chargers, Cowboys, and Jaguars are likely to select defensive players as well, so in that scenario Ramsey, Buckner, and Jack will probably be gone by the time the Ravens get to pick. Maybe even Hargreaves as well if the Titans pick a defensive player as well (hopefully not, there's a good chance they'll go for Tunsil since their #1 priority seems to be building around Mariota). And even if Hargreaves is still there, I'm not as confident the Ravens would pick him as opposed to if any of the other four were still left on the board.

Maybe Mackensie Alexander from Clemson or Eli Apple from OSU if the rest are taken. There's plenty of high-class defensive talent in this draft when #6 rolls around.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Maybe Mackensie Alexander from Clemson or Eli Apple from OSU if the rest are taken. There's plenty of high-class defensive talent in this draft when #6 rolls around.

Those two might be a bit of a reach. In that scenario, I think the Ravens either take Stanley or trade back. Either way, not an ideal situation.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Those two might be a bit of a reach. In that scenario, I think the Ravens either take Stanley or trade back. Either way, not an ideal situation.

Idk, man. Eli Apple is the second highest ranked corner in the draft. He's quick and versatile, exactly what the Ravens need in the division with some top receivers like Brown or Green. Especially since he's got the height advantage that Hargreaves lacks. Alexander is a personal favorite. Same height as Hargreaves, but Alexander has the confidence you want in a corner like Richard Sherman or Josh Norman. Just my two cents.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Ravens are being unusually aggressive in FA this year. First they signed Ben Watson on Day 1, now they just signed Eric Weddle to a 4 year, $26 million contract. Not to mention that we're also meeting with Mike Wallace. If we sign Wallace as well and manage to find upgrades at pass rush, CB, and OL, we could be legit contenders again this year.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Ravens are being unusually aggressive in FA this year. First they signed Ben Watson on Day 1, now they just signed Eric Weddle to a 4 year, $26 million contract. Not to mention that we're also meeting with Mike Wallace. If we sign Wallace as well and manage to find upgrades at pass rush, CB, and OL, we could be legit contenders again this year.

They signed Eric Weddle?! ****! That sucks! I mean, good for the Ravens, but I was really hoping the Browns would go after him.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Weddle had no chance of going to the Browns. He said that he wanted to sign with a Super Bowl Contender, which the Browns are definitely not.

I wouldn't say the Ravens are either. They spent much of last season just trying to avoid finishing last, which they succeeded in doing (unfortunately for the Browns).

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I wouldn't say the Ravens are either. They spent much of last season just trying to avoid finishing last, which they succeeded in doing (unfortunately for the Browns).

The Ravens had a down year last year, but they had a lot of injuries and finished all but two of their games no more than 8 points behind, so they're a better team than their dismal 5-11 record shows. They also have two Super Bowl wins in the last 15 years and are a perennial playoff team, which is more than a lot of teams can say.

EDIT:

Here's what the man himself had to say about signing with the Ravens:

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/3/15/11233702/baltimore-ravens-were-aggressive-in-signing-safety-eric-weddle

EDIT 2:

Ravens struck a deal with Mike Wallace for 2 years at $11.5 million. Glad we finally made a deal with him, we need the extra insurance since SSS is retiring and Perriman spent the entirety of his rookie season on IR, and without those two we had no deep threat on our offense. Now we can focus on pass rush and O-line in the draft.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I just want to say that if Peyton had retired a year earlier, the Broncos might still have Osweiler. He would have been the starter throughout 2015, and he probably wouldn't have felt shafted when Peyton came back later in the season. So it's safe to say that Peyton not only helped his team in 2015, he also screwed them over. Osweiler probably didn't want the chance of being benched again, so that's why he's off to Houston.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Losing Calvin Johnson stinks, but I support his decision to retire 100%. I'm not going to trash the man he gave everything he had to a very poor Lions organization....

I hate being hard on my favorite NFL team, but I'm an honest non bias football fan. The Lions can never win consistently. I really hope things change for the better with Quinn on board. We'll just have to wait and see. The Lions have the talent, but they just never come together as a team.

celestial phantom

EDIT 2:

Ravens struck a deal with Mike Wallace for 2 years at $11.5 million. Glad we finally made a deal with him, we need the extra insurance since SSS is retiring and Perriman spent the entirety of his rookie season on IR, and without those two we had no deep threat on our offense. Now we can focus on pass rush and O-line in the draft.

Well, at least after a down year for the guy, a team wouldn't have to spend much on him. Though getting to play opposite of SSS (if SSS is healthy and still able to play to some level of ability he was having before his injury), he'll have potential for a bounce back year. Problem for a guy like him in the Vikings offense they wouldn't be the type to force it down to him, which is why he worked for Pitts and Miami when they needed a play to hopefully happen, and that's the kind of thing we can probably expect from Joe Flacco when he needs to make a play. Potential is there at least, and you know that if anyone goes down with injury, Kamar Aiken held down the fort pretty well most of the season, so it's not like this was a necessary signing, more of an in case SSS can't go one.

In other news, the Pats making some moves around, trading DE Chandler Jones for Guard Jonathon Cooper, w/second round draft pick, sign Chris Long as replacement for the DE they just traded, as well as trading a 4th rounder to the Bears for Martellus Bennett and a 6th rounder. Pats seem to be in wheel and deal mode to make use of guys that teams don't want, and they can possibly make use of. Low risk strats, possibly useful return investment come season time, more of a reason to hate them for being good at what they do. Take away their first round pick, they find a way to get back to back ones in the tail end of the second round in a draft where you'll likely find some fitting defensive players.

Not too much to talk about left in FA, so I guess we'll just have to start talking about the Draft soon enough and who should land whom wherever.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, at least after a down year for the guy, a team wouldn't have to spend much on him. Though getting to play opposite of SSS (if SSS is healthy and still able to play to some level of ability he was having before his injury), he'll have potential for a bounce back year. Problem for a guy like him in the Vikings offense they wouldn't be the type to force it down to him, which is why he worked for Pitts and Miami when they needed a play to hopefully happen, and that's the kind of thing we can probably expect from Joe Flacco when he needs to make a play. Potential is there at least, and you know that if anyone goes down with injury, Kamar Aiken held down the fort pretty well most of the season, so it's not like this was a necessary signing, more of an in case SSS can't go one.

Actually, it kinda was. Kamar Aiken did have a breakout year last year, but he's more of a possession type of receiver. We lost all of our deep threats to injuries last season, SSS went down mid season and our first round pick Breshad Perriman spent the entire season on IR. We need Wallace for insurance.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Sad news today, Ravens CB Tray Walker was critically injured in a motorbike crash last night. He's currently in the hospital for a head injury. Hope he gets better.

Also, according to a report an unnamed Patriots player was a witness to this accident and police are looking for him.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/3/17/11259370/baltimore-ravens-cornerback-tray-walker-is-critically-injured-after

EDIT: Tray Walker has unfortunately passed away. RIP.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645688/article/ravens-tray-walker-dies-from-injuries-in-dirt-bike-crash

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Now that the 49ers-Rams rivalry is a state one again, what I'd like to see is in addition to the 49ers drafting Goff I want to see the Rams trade for former UCLA QB Brett Hundley. I'd like those two to be the new faces of the rivalry.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Sad news today, Ravens CB Tray Walker was critically injured in a motorbike crash last night. He's currently in the hospital for a head injury. Hope he gets better.

Also, according to a report an unnamed Patriots player was a witness to this accident and police are looking for him.

http://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2016/3/17/11259370/baltimore-ravens-cornerback-tray-walker-is-critically-injured-after

EDIT: Tray Walker has unfortunately passed away. RIP.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645688/article/ravens-tray-walker-dies-from-injuries-in-dirt-bike-crash

RIP Tray Walker

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So RG3 signed with the Cleveland Browns.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...24/robert-griffin-iii-rg3-cleveland/82210078/

Oh boy. If Hue Jackson can get RG3 to play like he did in his rookie season, then maybe the Browns could possibly do well next season. I hope they do well next season, because they've been kind of a joke for more than 10 years.

Hopefully they'll still draft a QB in the first round. Would probably be a good idea anyway, I don't think they can rely on RGIII for long.

DarkSword39

Heehouhouhouhou!
Hopefully they'll still draft a QB in the first round. Would probably be a good idea anyway, I don't think they can rely on RGIII for long.
Most likely. The Browns will probably draft Carson Wentz (or possibly Jared Goff) to compete with RG3 for the starting job. The Titans won't draft a QB, so the Browns can choose any QB in the draft that they want, so that's good for them.