• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

PsychicPsycho

So, Terrell Owens had knee surgery. Does anybody care?

I personally don't. Owens has been decling for years. I kind of look at him as a 'washed up' player now. They showed a poll on ESPN about what he'll be remembered for; 50 said his off the field stuff, 30 said his celebrations, and only 20 said his actual play. He about seems to have turned himself into a laughing stock.
report has it the nfl is closing in on a deal maybe by early july keep your fingers crossed
God, I hope so. I'm not only sick of things being in limbo, but of hearing about the meetings and proposals and other crap.

Heck, we're at the point where preseason would start in about a month. Hope they can still get in the 16 reg. season games, at least.
Looking it up it on the Wiki, it says that the team can give them to whoever they choose to.
I thought it was cool a few years back when the Colts won, and they give Edgerin (sp?) James (then a Cardinal) a ring for all the years he played there.

Vernikova

Champion
So, Terrell Owens had knee surgery. Does anybody care?

No. I'll care when he comes back to play. I'll remember for for his on the field stuff since I can already not remember his off the field stuff.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
I think the only on-field thing I will remember TO for is missing the 2005 playoffs then all of a sudden being healthy for the super bowl

PsychicPsycho

He's one of the best WR in the game's history in my opinion. But maybe that's just me?
I'm inclined to think differently. It might be that in started watching football about 2003, and never heard of him until he joined the Eagles. Or it could be that, like I mentioned before, I generally remember things other then his play.

When they mention his numbers on ESPN, they usually sound pretty good. but it seems like all I can remember are times when he didn't perform well or did some silly thing.

Edit: Wo! My user title thing isn't pink anymore.

Vernikova

Champion
Though I'm still inclined to agree, T.O. has never won anything in his life. How can he be considered one of the greatest?

Aside from not winning an Super Bowl title he's pretty much up there with people like Jerry Rice in terms of stats isn't he?

PsychicPsycho

What.
Exactly what I said. I'd never heard of him before he joined the Eagles. I think I started seriously watch the game a year or two before the move. I think he was with the 49ers at the point, wasn't he? They don't really get lots of TV time.

The first time I remember hearing about him was during a commercial for a football video game. The Eagles were on there, and the narrator said, 'looks like the eagles need to call a T.O.'. Then it went to his house and he was answering the phone. I remember thinking, 'who's that guy'?

Of course, I didn't take up watching sportcenter like every day until sometime after that, so I didn't really have much of a way to hear about him.

And when I say 'started watching', I mean I didn't watch it at all except maybe the occasional Chiefs game.

PsychicPsycho

Do you know who Steve Young is?
Yes, I do know who Steve Young is, and I believe I'd heard of him even before I started watching that much.

Why's it such a big deal to you that I hadn't heard of Owens before the Eagles?

Dark_Plague

Nameless Fairy
No offense meant, but he was sort of a big name even then, and Young's favorite target for those few years with the 49ers. Just hard to fathom.

PsychicPsycho

Does anyone else find Herm Edwards annoying? I know he was our coach in KC for a while, but since he's gone to broadcasting he's just annoying to me, with his little phrases and the way he talks.
No offense meant, but he was sort of a big name even then, and Young's favorite target for those few years with the 49ers. Just hard to fathom.
Alright. Sorry if I sounded defensive.

Anyway, the likely the reason I'd heard of Steve Young is hearsay from other people, maybe because Montana came and played for the Chiefs (my local team). I don't actually recall having seen Steve Young play. And the only person that I would've discussed sports with around that time was my dad, and I've come to learn he's not an Owens fan in any way, so he might've been hesitant to mention him.

Vernikova

Champion
Does anyone else find Herm Edwards annoying? I know he was our coach in KC for a while, but since he's gone to broadcasting he's just annoying to me, with his little phrases and the way he talks.

Herm Edwards is amazing. He keeps everything real though he does tend to exaggerate a little but most of ESPN's NFL analysts tend to do that to an extent. I don't really see how he's annoying though.

Vernikova

Champion
How does he suck? He got to the AFC title game the last two years.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Not as a coach, as a person, he's too cocky and a plain out jerk, he can go home and play with his wifes feet

Vernikova

Champion
His players obviously like and respond to that so there's really no reason to act any other way since it's a hit with his players. Frankly, he has a good reason to act those kinds of ways seeing that he's had a lot of success in such a short amount of time as a head coach anyway.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
[shifting the topic] will the SEC win the national championship again?

I know Florida won't :(

and IMO this year I don't have a clue who will win the BS National Chamiponship.

Of course the bets are going to be on Bama, but who is going to be their QB? I think Mcelroy is gone isn't he?
anyways, all I want to see this CFB season is Will Muschamp coach the Gators to at least 8 wins in his first year.

I am just glad that Ohio State is lilkely going to be out of the picture for a while. No more overrated Big 10 team at the top of the poll please. Thank you Jim Tressel Mr. Liar Pants :)