• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

bushie

vince signing is irrevelant i hope we don't see him on the field all season hopefully mick stays healthy. cam newton has a better throwing motion and accuracy than tebow from what we've seen. tebow has good running ability but cam's better and tebow seems to take a lot of unecessary hits which is dangerous in the nfl.cam has a great big arm while tebow's marginal at best. i know we haven't seen cam play in the nfl but cams the better QB in my opinion. there's only one michael vick.

Vernikova

Champion
How do people think the western teams will do (both conferences). I'd say last year both weren't as strong.

The NFC West will probably remain a joke of a conference depending on what Kolb can do in Arizona. The AFC West will probably be just the Chargers again since Denver doesn't know what it's doing and the Raiders are the Raiders. Kansas City can probably take the WEST too though so it's more of a two-team race I guess since they won it last year.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
How do people think the western teams will do (both conferences). I'd say last year both weren't as strong.

Rams and Chargers will win their divisions. NFC West will continue to fall short of .500. Chiefs will disappoint.

Vernikova

Champion
It's pre-season so it doesn't matter. It's funny to see Auburn all the way down in the lower teens though. Not much faith without Newton and Fairly I guess.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
With a brand new coaching staff, Mushcamp has put together the #4 recruiting class in the country at UF. Not bad for his first year on the job before even winning a game.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
With a brand new coaching staff, Mushcamp has put together the #4 recruiting class in the country at UF. Not bad for his first year on the job before even winning a game.
Florida sucking at recruiting is unheard of. And Muschamp was penciled in as the heir apparent at Texas, so it's not as significant as you think. And later on you can pull the Nick Saben/Les Miles argument. And Florida is a top 3 recruiting state of course.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Florida sucking at recruiting is unheard of. And Muschamp was penciled in as the heir apparent at Texas, so it's not as significant as you think. And later on you can pull the Nick Saben/Les Miles argument. And Florida is a top 3 recruiting state of course.
Still impressive for a first year coach to pull a top 5 class, especially with the mess meyer left. Had to rebuild pretty much the entire staff.
Yes I know about Muschamp's history. I'm a gator fan :D I am just glad he is as advertised recruiting wise.

PsychicPsycho

Yeah, last year the west was probably the weakest in both leagues. Let's see, I'd say the Chargers will take the AFC side, unless the Chiefs can manage to challenge them. For the NFC side, probably the Rams, but it depends on how Kolb works out in Arizona.
The USA TODAY Coaches poll for the College FB season is up!
I wish they'd hold off on ranking the teams until at least a few games are played. It seems like your preseason rank unfairly biases your future rank. Although the program's name seems to unfairly bias the rank, so waiting a bit probably wouldn't matter.

Anyway, I'm glad to see Missouri up there. Hopefully they won't suck. Although now that the Big 12 has only 10 they have to play Texas and Oklahoma, so there'll probably be at least one loss with those two. They beat the number 1 Sooners last year (AWESOME!!!), but the match this year will probably be in OK, where they haven't lost in like 50 games or something.

Also interested to see how TCU fares in the Big East, and if they might be allowed to be a legit championship contender now that they're in a BCS conference.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
NFC West have the Rams winning it. Cardinals are going to take awhile getting Kolb up to steam this year and the other 2 (Seahawks and 49ers) share the same story with their QBs. (49ers might not even have a decent QB to start with)
The AFC West will be a different story. The Chargers or Cheifs will take the crown probably, Just because they come better equiped. Plus, the Broncos are dumb as sh*t when they use KYLE F**KING ORTON instead of their FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK TIM TEBOW. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?
Oh and the Raiders just suck. They have for awhile.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
NFC West have the Rams winning it. Cardinals are going to take awhile getting Kolb up to steam this year and the other 2 (Seahawks and 49ers) share the same story with their QBs. (49ers might not even have a decent QB to start with)
The AFC West will be a different story. The Chargers or Cheifs will take the crown probably, Just because they come better equiped. Plus, the Broncos are dumb as sh*t when they use KYLE F**KING ORTON instead of their FIRST ROUND DRAFT PICK TIM TEBOW. WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU DO THAT?

Tebow is only in his second year. he needs to sit a while longer. When orton struggles this year, Denver will give Tebow his shot. (I am a gator fan btw, I just think tebow has a little more work to do)

ElectiCrow

Do The Tevez!

Couple of things to say here.
First I'm biased because I'm a Seahawks fan but watch out for us this year. Ok Tarvais Jackson isn't that great of a QB and may just be a stop-gap until we draft (or sign) our next franchise quarterback, but we've surrounded him with a lot of good weapons. Sidney Rice, Mike Williams, Golden Tate and Ben Obomanu make up a nice group of receivers and we signed Zach Miller (an excellent blocker and pass catcher) who can help both our running and passing games. Marshawn Lynch and Justin Forsett form a nice little running game so Jackson won't have to pass all the time plus he can contribute with his feet unlike the immobile Matt Hasselbeck.

Second, why are the Broncos using Orton? I agree they should have traded him whilst his value is high to make way for their Franchise QB Tebow but maybe they are keeping Orton around because he threw 20 TDs to 9 INTs last year or maybe because he threw for nearly 4,000 yards in only 13 games or made Brandon Lloyd an All-Pro.

Orton will go to somewhere like Miami..eventually but looking at the Bronco's receivers, what he's done is fantastic.

Vernikova

Champion
Second, why are the Broncos using Orton? I agree they should have traded him whilst his value is high to make way for their Franchise QB Tebow but maybe they are keeping Orton around because he threw 20 TDs to 9 INTs last year or maybe because he threw for nearly 4,000 yards in only 13 games or made Brandon Lloyd an All-Pro.

Because at the moment he's better than Tebow?

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
Just to get this to get this out there, I'm a pats fan (and a really big jets hater) and a student/fan of the university of louisville (and a university of kentucky hater as well), who thanks florida for charlie strong.

Anyways...yeah, tebow impresses me more than orton. Orton has done...ok, but the broncos lost brandon marshall, who made him look good for the first 6 games of the '09 season, when denver was actually good. Tebow could be the white guy version of michael vick in one sense if they give him a chance.

AFC west winner: Kansas city. I really like matt kassel. Also, san diego is in a downward spiral, oakland will suck until Al Davis gives up the franchise, and denver...needs time to rebuild.
NFC west winner: None. Jk, St. Louis has the best chance and could go 8-8 or so. Arizona needs rebuilding, san fransisco needs players not named frank gore, and seattle, whom I do like, will realize their mistake 5 games in the season and then desparately look for a better QB (they'll take 2nd place).

Vernikova

Champion
I don't think being Vick is necessarily a good thing since he's prone to getting injured due to his playing style. If Tebow plays like that he's going to get beaten down by the bigger NFL players.

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Just to get this to get this out there, I'm a pats fan (and a really big jets hater) and a student/fan of the university of louisville (and a university of kentucky hater as well), who thanks florida for charlie strong.

Anyways...yeah, tebow impresses me more than orton. Orton has done...ok, but the broncos lost brandon marshall, who made him look good for the first 6 games of the '09 season, when denver was actually good. Tebow could be the white guy version of michael vick in one sense if they give him a chance.

AFC west winner: Kansas city. I really like matt kassel. Also, san diego is in a downward spiral, oakland will suck until Al Davis gives up the franchise, and denver...needs time to rebuild.
NFC west winner: None. Jk, St. Louis has the best chance and could go 8-8 or so. Arizona needs rebuilding, san fransisco needs players not named frank gore, and seattle, whom I do like, will realize their mistake 5 games in the season and then desparately look for a better QB (they'll take 2nd place).

Your welcome (for strong) :D and a UK hater is always a good thing, especially for UK's basketball team and Cheatapari

Tebow was signed to sell jerseys. He's not that great people, he may en up being an okay NFL QB but he's not Sam Bradford or Matt ryan