• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

GIANTS WON!

This is good as I'm not a Brady or Bellichek fan...

BGP_

wewt giants. It was a hard fought game though, im still shaking my head at Bradshaw, but in the end they held off anyways

TheWatersGreatGuardian

Legendary Trainer
Always a good day when a boston team falls short of a championship, stinks that a new york team had to be the one who did it.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
It was a good game. Man, if Aaron Hernandez had caught that ball in the end zone, that would be the most epic super bowl ever. Unfortunately, he didn't catch it, the giants won, and the game won go down as the best ever super bowl. *sigh* Mabye next year my dream of a last second hail mary game winner will finally come true.

Phoopes

There it is.
So many dropped passes near the end of the game by the Pats, but the Wes Welker one comes to mind. Sure, Brady could have thrown a better ball, but at the end of the day Wes Welker is an NFL wide receiver and should catch that ball. If he does, the Patriots are well within field goal range and at least make the game 20-15, if not 24-15. That changes the game completely.

Still a good game by both teams though. That Mario Manningham catch... wow. So glad that the Super Bowls have all been close lately. Not like in the 90's where there were a plethora of blowouts.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Now this place will buzz of draft picks and Payton Manning for months.

Pichu47

Fear Me, If You Dare
>_< Yup. We were mercifully spared from Peyton talk tonight, which surprised me
Lol, speaking of peyton manning, when Eli won the MVP for the super bowl he said he was glad that he had the opportunity to be here and win the super bowl or something like that, sidestepping the question from the announcer about what it means to go into Peyton's stadium and win the super bowl. I know he was thinking, "Lol, it's just great to get out here, win the super bowl, and rub the Lombardi trophy in his face."

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
giants%5B020412%5D_main.jpg

Oh dear...and yet the game hasn't even started.

I believe these are pre-made, so if they are the Champions, they can be sold right away. The losers swag would just be destroyed.

I had the same reaction after the Giants beat the Packers. Immediately after the clock timed out somebody had a newspaper that had a 'Giants going to Superbowl' headline. Unless they do know something we don't.
Indeed, they make swag for both teams saying "_____ champions" before the game so that way they can hand them out to the winning side once they win. They do this with pretty much every major sporting event: BCS NCG, World Series, NBA, March Madness, even some more minor ones like conference championships. This also allows winning fans to buy their championship gear a lot sooner: I got an email from Dick's Sporting Goods with the Giants stuff about an hour or so after the game (being a Packers fan, however, I deleted it).

Now I know the next question: what happens to the losing team swag? They donate it to the third world where no one cares about the sport. Which means somewhere in Africa someone thinks the Bills were one of the best teams of the 80s-90s.

I might be biased, but I didn't really care for the game. Didn't like either team in it, the commercials were definitely more miss than hit and Madona's performance was definitely autotuned and was definitely competing with the Black Eyed Peas for worse halftime show. M.I.A.'s middle finger was a bit memorable though, and it did get a tad interesting at the end.

I was surprised by the Madonna announcement too. I personally thought John Mellencamp from Indiana should do the show.
a) The Super Bowl basically never does local acts. Best cases in point: Paul McCarthy, The Who, and the Rolling Stones (all are British). They will occasionally use local groups for minor roles (as in the marching bands for the background).
b) When one performs at the SB, it's usually because they got something to promote. Madonna has a new album, as did the BEP last year, Bruce Springsteen, . The Who were going on tour. I can't think of something Mellencamp has been doing that would warrant doing the show.
c) Seeing how they invited the BEP last year, it's clear they're finally over their post-Janet Jackson old rocker stage and are fine with using current artists again. Like I said, Madonna has a new album, so it's not surprising she did it. The surpassing part is that they went with her, seeing how it's admittedly a male-dominated event in viewership, and that she's still performing like she's in her 20s (come on Madonna. You're old enough to me a grandmother).

Last edited:

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Well, I just got home from work, what a crazy night! We opened right after the game, ant there were fans waiting by the door to get in. Now our store is pretty big, and yet the line managed to wrap around twice, but once 130 came, it died down a lot. There was a lot of cleaning to do, and I mean a lot. There was a visible trail of NYG swag that customers had decided against, and had just thrown on the floor. Quite a few drunks in there, couple of beer cans lying around. Showers of boos rained down upon the idiots that came in wearing Pats stuff, and for some reason an Eagles fan.

As for the game, both played well in the first half (even though they had a safety, Pata made up for it with 2 sacks IIRC), Pats picked it up in the third, but sadly the Giants pulled it out in the end. That beam of a pass to Manningham on the sideline has swayed me to believe Eli is an elite QB.

Giants deserved to win, based on how they played. That last drive for NE was painful to watch.

The half time show wasn't that bad, but age has certainly caught up with her, not as flexible as she used to be. I'm not one for mixing old and new, so I wasn't thrilled about NM and LMFAO.

Anyone else see Madonna trip slightly on her way down the steps for the first time during the first song?

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
Madonna did a great job IDK what people are saying. My grandma can't hold a candle to her and they about the same age.

As for the Giants winning... I need me some of that victory casserole. PASS THE SALT!