• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Lugia's Chosen

Cool, expect a loss in Tiger Stadium.
Yeesh. No need to get ugly.

I think the amount of points you guys are putting up against some less than stellar defenses is blinding you a bit to your team's weaknesses and has you overconfident. Namely your very weak secondary and very young defense. Don't expect an easy game and 50 points against UF's defense, which is likely best in the SEC. its going to be a close game throughout. Of course I'm a homer, just like you. So I am giving my gators a slight edge due to their D and it not being a night game.

Look for UF's O to surprise you. Tyler Murphy is worlds better than driskel. They actually have a QB to get the ball to their playmakers this year.

Am I saying its a for sure win? Of course not. I give the Gators a slight edge, but the game could go either way imo. However, I'm not going to "Expect a loss."

Last edited:
Yeesh. No need to get ugly.

I think the amount of points you guys are putting up against some less than stellar defenses is blinding you a bit to your team's weaknesses and has you overconfident. Namely your very weak secondary and very young defense. Don't expect an easy game and 50 points against UF's defense, which is likely best in the SEC. its going to be a close game throughout. Of course I'm a homer, just like you. So I am giving my gators a slight edge due to their D and it not being a night game.

Look for UF's O to surprise you. Tyler Murphy is worlds better than driskel. They actually have a QB to get the ball to their playmakers this year.

Am I saying its a for sure win? Of course not. I give the Gators a slight edge, but the game could go either way imo. However, I'm not going to "Expect a loss."
The comment was all in good fun, but it seems i hit one of your blood vessels. If you watched both halves you could see noticeable improvements and adjustments in the LSU Defense and some hope for a turnaround. Florida has a chance to beat LSU, but do i think they'll come in to LSU and win? No. We play best when we're at home, we've been averaging over 460 yards in our total games. I think it'll be lower scoring mainly because Florida is the best defense in the SEC, however we're the best offense that they might play all year so we'll see how good they really are. Florida has a better chance to win with Murphy, but i think that playing at Tiger Stadium will overwhelm him. I honestly don't care what happens, because i had picked LSU to lose at least 3 games this season (I originally said we would lose to UGA, Florida and Bama). Florida has a chance to win, but i don't think the chance is great is all.

Lugia's Chosen

But my point is, look at who those yards are coming against. None of those defenses are even close to what UF is going to put on the field. Especially at DB and the secondary. I'm not particularly impressed at defensive adjustments against Mississippi State, who has some pretty bad QB play. Take a look at some of the TDs last night from UF. I think your overconfidence in this game will diminish a bit. Murphy was very mobile in the pocket, and our receivers were torching that secondary on yards after catch, that doesn't bode well for the LSU defense.

I think the chances are better than you believe. I'm saying this game is a 50/50 game. We already faced a very good offense in Miami and shut them down, and if not for stupid turnovers mostly caused by bad decisions from Driskel, we win that game. Florida's defense is VERY good. I also think you are going to be disappointed in thinking an away crowd is going to overwhelm Murphy (who is a junior btw), especially since its not a night game. You probably haven't been watching him, but his poise and pocket awareness are on another level compared to driskel. With Jeff, I'd give us no chance and say LSU probably runs away with it.

My biggest worry about this game is not the LSU offense, but our special teams, which has been pretty bad. The kicking game has been horrid, and could give LSU some short fields. and if it comes down to a game of field goals, LSU wins, because we can't kick them

Last edited:
But my point is, look at who those yards are coming against. None of those defenses are even close to what UF is going to put on the field. Especially at DB and the secondary. I'm not particularly impressed at defensive adjustments against Mississippi State, who has some pretty bad QB play. Take a look at some of the TDs last night from UF. I think your overconfidence in this game will diminish a bit. Murphy was very mobile in the pocket, and our receivers were torching that secondary on yards after catch, that doesn't bode well for the LSU defense.

I think the chances are better than you believe. I'm saying this game is a 50/50 game. We already faced a very good offense in Miami and shut them down, and if not for stupid turnovers, we win that game. Florida's defense is VERY good. I also think you are going to be disappointed in thinking an away crowd is going to overwhelm Murphy, especially since its not a night game. You probably haven't been watching him, but his poise and pocket awareness are on another level compared to driskel. With Jeff, I'd give us no chance and say LSU probably runs away with it.

My biggest worry about this game is not the LSU offense, but our special teams, which has been pretty bad. The kicking game has been horrid, and could give LSU some short fields. and if it comes down to a game of field goals, LSU wins, because we can't kick them

If you're going to break down the defenses that LSU has played you might as well bring up the offenses that UF has played. Toledo, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. Not exactly offensive powerhouses. I'd say 60/40 odds in favor of LSU. All i can say is we'll see what happens on Saturday. Like i had said before, i'm not going to be surprised if Florida wins, though i'm hoping they don't.

In NFL related news, Saints are destroying the Bears.

Lugia's Chosen

If you're going to break down the defenses that LSU has played you might as well bring up the offenses that UF has played. Toledo, Kentucky, Tennessee and Arkansas. Not exactly offensive powerhouses. I'd say 60/40 odds in favor of LSU. All i can say is we'll see what happens on Saturday. Like i had said before, i'm not going to be surprised if Florida wins, though i'm hoping they don't.

In NFL related news, Saints are destroying the Bears.
Toledo is a very good offensive team in their conference, they love to air the ball out. They were just both out talented and unprepared. Arkansas has a very good running game which UF shut down after some early yardage. They are better then you give them credit for. Kentucky is bad, but they did just put up 28 points on south carolina. UT is just plain bad, I'll give you that one. The UGA defense they tore up is pretty awful. Miami is very good on offense and is an air it out team like LSU. UF completely shut them down after the 1st qtr. All their points were off bad UF turnovers. Purifoy and Hargreaves are among the best corners in football, and look for Dante Fowler to be after Mettenberger all game. Dang it, I wish we didn't lose Easely or this defense would be just downright impenetrable.

I'm also basing this on returning personnel from a extremely good defense last season.

Last edited:
Toledo is a very good offensive team in their conference, they love to air the ball out.

When i saw this i laughed. We're talking about the MAC conference. Saying they are a good offensive team or a good anything is like wrapping gold foil around a turd and calling it art.

Lugia's Chosen

When i saw this i laughed. We're talking about the MAC conference. Saying they are a good offensive team or a good anything is like wrapping gold foil around a turd and calling it art.

I said they were good in their conference. Also that they were out talented. My point there was it was a good early test for the UF secondary. Often those 1st games against good lower conference teams turn out to not be the blowouts people expect. The talent gap in D1 is not as wide as it used to be ;)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Eh, game over. Packers win.

All this game proved is that the Lions are garbage without Megatron. They'd probably be worse than the Jags without him.

I doubt it.

Jags are worse any way you slice it.
The Jags have scored 20 points.....wow St. Louis is worse than i thought, and i thought they were probably a 4 win team this year....

Saints looking really good at Soldier field. They are definitely the team to beat in the NFC. AFC team to beat still Denver.

and then a rookie mistake by Vaccaro.....

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I doubt it.

Jags are worse any way you slice it.
They had 200 yards of offense and one TD the entire game. Yeah, they'd be Jags bad without Calvin.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be the worst game they have all year. After all, they played in Lambeau without Megatron. I don't care if your QB is Matthew Stafford or Peyton Manning, nobody could have won with that unit. For once, the Lions actually need to draft some WRs and TEs.

They NEED to beat Cleveland next week, though, and with their QB out, I think they've got a shot. Especially if they get Megatron back.

Great game in Indianapolis. 3 unbeatens left.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
My Seahawks got jobbed HARD by the refs today. But that's fine; can't expect to win them all, and the Colts are great team. Back-to-back eastern travel, 1:00 EST start times are rough, so I'm happy to come out of those 1-1. But still... all the B.S. 3rd down pass interference calls against Seattle and the safety that should have been a TD, and all the awful calls in-between (non-call P.I. on Seattle's very last drive, Ineligible Man Downfield on Seattle's last drive of the first half)... it's really frustrating because the Colts and the back-to-back travel weeks should have been enough of a challenge without getting jobbed on almost every call.

It felt like I was watching Superbowl XL again.

Last edited:

ebevan91

My god the Cowboys offense actually looks competent right now.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
My god the Cowboys offense actually looks competent right now.

I'm going to be pissed if they actually beat the Broncos.

Anyway, the Eagles finally won a game, though it was against the Giants, who suck hard this season. I am not surprised that Vick got injured again, but Foles played well, so it doesn't matter. Defense still needs to get better, though; I'm going to attribute those picks to the Giants' defunct offense. Hopefully the Cowboys lose to the Broncos and then the Eagles have a chance again.

ebevan91

Peyton just threw his first pick of the season.

He is human after all.

Never thought i'd say it, but i want the Jets to win. With the Panthers losing to the Cardinals and the Jets beating the Falcons, the Saints will have a 4 game lead in the division.