• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
If the Giants do somehow get hot and win their division, they could definitely go all the way. I really hope Dallas can hang onto the division lead and win it though.
They are in a hole division wise. They currently do not hold a tiebreaker over the Cowboys (who lead the division by a game) and they broke even against the Eagles (who are sitting one game behind Dallas, which Dallas owns the Tiebreaker.)
Dallas has won 3 of their division games at this point.

There's just too much that has to happen at this point for the Giants to get a playoff berth. They are out of it. What would solidify this statement more is if they lost another 2 games or a divisional game, then it is essentially lights out for them.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Michigan is a complete joke, and they don't deserve to go to ANY bowl games after that embarrassing performance. Even if they do, they'll get flattened by anyone they do play. Even the worst SEC team out there is far better than this garbage team.

Just stick a fork in them and fire whoever the idiot is that's coaching the offensive line. They're done.

Not looking forward to seeing Ohio State score 60 points against them easily.

Shiny Trevenant

That Nebraska play was an absolute miracle!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
They are in a hole division wise. They currently do not hold a tiebreaker over the Cowboys (who lead the division by a game) and they broke even against the Eagles (who are sitting one game behind Dallas, which Dallas owns the Tiebreaker.)
Dallas has won 3 of their division games at this point.

There's just too much that has to happen at this point for the Giants to get a playoff berth. They are out of it. What would solidify this statement more is if they lost another 2 games or a divisional game, then it is essentially lights out for them.

Remember the Giants' home stadium is also hosting the Super Bowl this year. Teams whose stadiums have hosted a given season's Super Bowl (especially since 2001) have generally struggled over the years. Super Bowl Host Syndrome is very real. Look what happened to the Colts 2 years ago.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
That's superstitious nonsense. The Colts sucked two years ago only because Peyton Manning didn't play all year. They would have been fine if Peyton Manning was healthy.

Peyton Manning being injured had nothing to do with some silly curse.

Puma Italia

Yeah, the Colts didn't struggle because they were hosting the Super Bowl. They struggled because their QB was out all season.

The Giants aren't struggling this season because they're hosting the Super Bowl. They are struggling because their defense isn't very good.

jaybird

Little late for the party, but my Seattle Seahawks beat the St. Louis Rams earlier this week. It was a close game, the Rams almost won, and they would have won by one point if their receiver had caught the ball that last time.

But I'm happy. My Seahawks are now at a record of 7-1, and they face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, which should be an easy win, since the Buccaneers haven't won a game all season.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
But I'm happy. My Seahawks are now at a record of 7-1, and they face the Tampa Bay Buccaneers on Sunday, which should be an easy win, since the Buccaneers haven't won a game all season.
Never say that. Teams on losing streaks should be feared. After all, losing streaks don't last forever, and no team wants to be the team that breaks a losing team out of their streak.

Not saying it's likely the Seahawks will lose to Tampa on their home turf, but just saying what I think. Nothing is an "easy win." We Lions fans thought the Cardinals would be an easy win, both this year and last.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan is a complete joke, and they don't deserve to go to ANY bowl games after that embarrassing performance. Even if they do, they'll get flattened by anyone they do play. Even the worst SEC team out there is far better than this garbage team.

Just stick a fork in them and fire whoever the idiot is that's coaching the offensive line. They're done.

Not looking forward to seeing Ohio State score 60 points against them easily.

Yes, the offensive line has been bad all season. Fitz Toussaint hasn't done anything this season. It's really hard to when the offensive line is always getting beat off the ball, and even when the offensive line gets a good hole open, 80% of the time Fitz just dances in the hole. Devin Gardner is running for his life on just about every play, and making stupid decisions which is on him as a quarterback. The offensive line coach needs to go! It's the offensive linemen coaches job to teach these linemen technique, fundamentals, ect.

There is no reason these Michigan offensive linemen should be getting beat off the ball almost every play that easily. None of these linemen are bad, some of them are very young though. Offensive linemen take a while to fully develop sometimes. It's apparent that the current offensive linemen coach is clueless when it comes to developing linemen.

Brady Hoke was a really good offensive linemen coach at Michigan years ago, Brady needs more one on one time with these offensive linemen.

As a head coach I still believe Brady Hoke needs more time. If Michigan isn't winning Big 10 titles in a few years, especially with the recruiting talent Hoke is bringing in, then I could really see coach Hoke having a very hot seat.

Once Brady Hoke has the offense out on the field that he wants, and defense, that's when we should really see a difference. Brady Hoke wants to run a pro style offense. Well, Devin Gardner isn't really IMO a pro style quarterback. Al Borges has no clue on how to use Devin Gardner in a pro style offense. Michigan should just stick with the spread offense until Devin Gardner leaves. Devin Gardner looks more comfortable in the gun, not in the pocket.

Ohio State could very well destroy Michigan this season. I always say you gotta throw everything out the window when Michigan and Ohio State play, but with the way Michigan has been playing this season, the game could be over early in the 1st quarter, or at halftime.

Michigans offense couldn't do anything against the #1 ranked defense in College Football yesterday, that didn't surprise me. What did surprise me however, is the fact Michigans defense made that very mediocre MSU offense look good. MSU's offense has been a joke since the first game of the season, and then all the sudden when they play Michigan they look good on offense.

If Michigan goes to a bowl game most likely they will lose. I would say it depends on who Michigan plays, but with the way Michigan has been playing lately, anyone can beat them.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Also, there are people saying that Michigan's defense is 2010 bad. It's not, and anyone who thinks that is an idiot. So are the people saying to just play Morris and Smith the rest of the year.

I never suggested Hoke should be fired, and anyone who thinks that right now is also an idiot. I am, however, 100% on the "Fire Al Borges" bandwagon. He's just a terrible OC overall. Couldn't do anything with Denard, and he can't do anything with Devin Gardner.
And yes, Funk (O-line coach) needs to go, too. I mean, it's only a matter of time before the "They're young" excuse doesn't fly anymore. Other teams have young O-lines, and they're doing just fine. If it ain't the players, it's the coaches.

I apologize for losing my temper there, btw. You all know how it is, knees tend to jerk and all that. I never thought Michigan was an elite team, but I did think they would at least go 10-2 or 9-3 or so and wind up in a respectable bowl game, maybe even contend for the Rose Bowl. Now, it looks like 8-4, 7-5, or even 6-6 and some crappy bowl game that nobody cares about (like the Little Caesars one or the one MSU was in last year) is more likely. And for a program like Michigan, which is full of elite albeit young talent, that's just embarrassing and an enormous waste of said talent.

jaybird

Never say that. Teams on losing streaks should be feared. After all, losing streaks don't last forever, and no team wants to be the team that breaks a losing team out of their streak.

Not saying it's likely the Seahawks will lose to Tampa on their home turf, but just saying what I think. Nothing is an "easy win." We Lions fans thought the Cardinals would be an easy win, both this year and last.

Well, I guess I should have taken your advice, because I almost ate my words today. Granted, the Seahawks still beat the Buccaneers, but it was only because they kicked that good field goal during overtime for a final score of Seahawks: 27, Buccaneers: 24.

Now, I'm kind of worried, because next Sunday, my Seattle Seahawks face the Atlanta Falcons on their home turf, and the last time we faced the Falcons on their home turf, well, we lost the playoff last year because of it. Even if the Falcons are 2-5 this season. However, my Seahawks are now 8-1, and they made the Buccaneers 0-8.

Puma Italia

I'm loving Marty Mornhinweg a little more each week. He has been the best signing of the offseason for the Jets. It's nice to finally have an OC who knows what he's doing. (even though I thought Schotty wasn't too bad)

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Also, there are people saying that Michigan's defense is 2010 bad. It's not, and anyone who thinks that is an idiot. So are the people saying to just play Morris and Smith the rest of the year.

I never suggested Hoke should be fired, and anyone who thinks that right now is also an idiot. I am, however, 100% on the "Fire Al Borges" bandwagon. He's just a terrible OC overall. Couldn't do anything with Denard, and he can't do anything with Devin Gardner.
And yes, Funk (O-line coach) needs to go, too. I mean, it's only a matter of time before the "They're young" excuse doesn't fly anymore. Other teams have young O-lines, and they're doing just fine. If it ain't the players, it's the coaches.

I apologize for losing my temper there, btw. You all know how it is, knees tend to jerk and all that. I never thought Michigan was an elite team, but I did think they would at least go 10-2 or 9-3 or so and wind up in a respectable bowl game, maybe even contend for the Rose Bowl. Now, it looks like 8-4, 7-5, or even 6-6 and some crappy bowl game that nobody cares about (like the Little Caesars one or the one MSU was in last year) is more likely. And for a program like Michigan, which is full of elite albeit young talent, that's just embarrassing and an enormous waste of said talent.

Michigans defense is nowhere near 2010 bad, or 2009, 2008 bad....
People that think that are complete idiots IMO. I know you never suggested that Hoke should be fired. I was just saying, that there are people out there that want Hoke gone already...It's only year 3 of the Hoke regime. Did these people expect Brady Hoke to transform the whole entire program into a Dynasty in his 1st season? I guess these people did....

Devin Gardner should remain Michigans starting quarterback. Devin is actually a really talented athlete, he just needs to make smarter decisions, and he needs a offensive line that can actually block for him. Shane Morris is a true freshman, and I highly doubt he could come right into the starting line up behind this porous offensive line, and make a huge impact. He could prove me wrong, but I highly doubt it. He's a true freshman that has barely played.

I'm been on the fire Al Borges bandwagon, and I haven't got off yet. The guy had no clue on how to use Denard Robinson, and he has NO clue on how to use Devin Gardner. His offensive play calling is very repetitive, and obvious. For the most part his offensive play calling is bad....

I also thought Michigan would win at least 10 games this season, but now I can at least see 8 or 7 wins. If they go 6-6, most likely they will go to the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl which was the bowl game MSU went to last season. I feel the same pain your feeling it's been frustrating watching this team this season. All we can really do is keep our heads up, and hope for the best. I would love for Michigan to win out....But at this point they will be lucky for a 6, 7, 8 win season, unless they really get it together.

Last edited:

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Indeed.

On another note, seeing this week of near-upsets makes me glad the Lions were off this week. The Dallas game was bad enough to watch, I don't think I can bear to witness another game like that lol. But seeing how it's the Lions, I probably will. /le sigh

ebevan91

Aaron Rodgers is hurt. Appears to be a clavicle injury, like the one Romo had a few years ago.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Packers defense was horrid tonight. Absolutely no excuse for this. I want the entire coaching staff fired for this. I wanted an undefeated season at home - including playoffs - now it's obvious we don't get that. We lost to a ****ing backup. Worse yet, it was on national ****ing television. No excuse for this whatsoever.

HoboJak

Unbroken
Holy crap. The Bears actually freaking won that game. I don't know what to say, just wow. Great game all around.

Packers defense was horrid tonight. Absolutely no excuse for this. I want the entire coaching staff fired for this. I wanted an undefeated season at home - including playoffs - now it's obvious we don't get that. We lost to a ****ing backup. Worse yet, it was on national ****ing television. No excuse for this whatsoever.

You're right! Fire the entire coaching staff because you lost a game! That's not an overreaction at all, just do it, that's how you win championships! Also, I'd be more worried about your quarterback and less worried about not being undefeated at home if I were you, but hey, what do I know?

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Indeed.

On another note, seeing this week of near-upsets makes me glad the Lions were off this week. The Dallas game was bad enough to watch, I don't think I can bear to witness another game like that lol. But seeing how it's the Lions, I probably will. /le sigh

Yeah the Seahawks really dodged a bullet against the Bucs on Sunday! As far as the Lions go, we just never know what we will get outta the Lions smh!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Dude, seriously. Calm down. It's one flipping game. The Packers are a great team and will more than likely win the NFC North, but seriously. All good teams lay goose eggs every now and then, I don't care how good they are.

I wasn't calling for Schwartz and his coaching staff to be fired when they lost to your backup two years ago.

That said, thank you Bears. Actually did the Lions one. But I like this "being in first place" thing, so here's hoping we used our bye well. ;)

BlazingCold

This Richie Incognito situation is absolutely horrid. I feel 100% sorry for Jonathan Martin and his family to have to put up with that douc hebag.