• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Carolina proved me wrong. Nice win against San Fran on the road. I'm surprised the Jags actually won. I thought the Bucs would honestly get a win before the Jags did. If I was the Bucs I would just tank rest of the season. The Bucs might end up joining the Detroit Lions as the only teams in NFL history to go 0-16......

Lugia's Chosen

Carolina proved me wrong. Nice win against San Fran on the road. I'm surprised the Jags actually won. I thought the Bucs would honestly get a win before the Jags did. If I was the Bucs I would just tank rest of the season. The Bucs might end up joining the Detroit Lions as the only teams in NFL history to go 0-16......

if it gets them the #1 I don't care. The bucs MUST take a top flight QB out of this draft. pretty safe bet that Mike Glennon is not the answer

HoboJak

Unbroken
There's no "taking turns" when it comes to winning divisions.

The Saints will win the NFC South. The Panthers are a good team, but they're not on the same level as the elite teams of the NFL. I'd say they're on par with teams like the Lions and Bears. Good, but not great.

The Bears really aren't a good team this year. The defense is horrible, the only reason they have any wins at all is because of the offense, which can't carry the team all year. If we had a real DC it might be a different story, but it looks like this is a "maybe next year" team for now. Whoever thought signing someone from the Jags to do anything was a good idea deserves to be slapped.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Bears really aren't a good team this year. The defense is horrible, the only reason they have any wins at all is because of the offense, which can't carry the team all year. If we had a real DC it might be a different story, but it looks like this is a "maybe next year" team for now. Whoever thought signing someone from the Jags to do anything was a good idea deserves to be slapped.

I remember in 2006 during the Bears Super Bowl run it was the defense that carried the Bears. That defense was darn good. This has been a down season for the Bears defense. Imo, I really don't think Mel Tucker is the answer at DC.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Fully expected this to happen tonight after Sean Lee got injured.

This defense is playing horribly solely because they have are rattled by injuries. 17 D-linemen have started this year for the Cowboys. Holy ****. I am pretty sure 7+ starters were not playing tonight (which has been the case for most of the games this year). You can't win with second rate players against a team like NO.

Cowboys still control their own destiny though for the division crown, thank God.

HoboJak

Unbroken
I remember in 2006 during the Bears Super Bowl run it was the defense that carried the Bears. That defense was darn good. This has been a down season for the Bears defense. Imo, I really don't think Mel Tucker is the answer at DC.

Indeed it has been. Tucker came in and suddenly every player on the defense majorly regressed. Some of it can be blamed on age; Peppers, Briggs, Tillman are all getting up there and Tillman doesn't seem to be able to play a full game, but, Conte, Wright, Wootton, Melton all regressing is unusual and I can't see where else to put the blame. At this point we've got so many players on defense injured (Briggs, Williams, Melton, Collins, etc.) we'd look bad even if our guys hadn't regressed but it isn't like they were playing at a high level prior to all the injuries.

I don't have as much of a problem with the play calling as I do the coaching due to the fact Tucker isn't running his own system, but it's inexcusable for our entire defense to magically forget how to tackle, and have players out of position constantly. It would be nice to have Url back, that probably would've helped a little bit.

BigLutz

Banned
Fully expected this to happen tonight after Sean Lee got injured.

This defense is playing horribly solely because they have are rattled by injuries. 17 D-linemen have started this year for the Cowboys. Holy ****. I am pretty sure 7+ starters were not playing tonight (which has been the case for most of the games this year). You can't win with second rate players against a team like NO.

Cowboys still control their own destiny though for the division crown, thank God.

I can only hope that the Bye Week can help its just... I mean this became almost like a College Football game, that I turned it off at Half Time, and because of my job I almost never get to see the game!

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
lol the Lions did that all the time last year. Sign people from the Jags PS, I mean. Never worked for them. Glad they stopped doing that.

Eh, I don't think the Bears are that bad on paper. I think they're having some unfortunate luck with injuries (most notably Jay Cutler, although my dad said earlier that people from Chicago are ready to run Jay Cutler out of town) and just unfortunate luck overall. Kind of like the Lions last year tbh.

I remember after last year, a lot of Lions fans wanted to fire Gunther Cunningham and make your old coach our new DC. Maybe the Bears should consider that in the offseason?

charizardfan

What a nice day in the NFL yesterday was. The Eagles are back at .500, and somehow still have a shot at the playoffs thanks to Dallas getting blown out, which speaks to just how bad this division is.

Apparently Kelly still refuses to say exactly what Foles' future holds, but at this point, there's really no point to Philadelphia even starting Michael Vick anymore. Not that I'm ready to proclaim Nick Foles as the future of this Eagles team or anything, but between the two of them this year, he's been the superior quarterback and has only had one bad game so far. It's really thanks to Foles, and the general weakness of the NFC East, that we're even in playoff contention right now.

Last edited:

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Here's the weekly list you all love so much!

1. Seattle. Atlanta's been underachieving this year, but they got Roddy White back and had the dreaded East Coast 1:00pm game. Seattle still thrashed them.

2. Denver. The score was closer than the game. Denver went into cruise control a bit too early, but they still sealed the game when SD started coming back.

3. Kansas City. The best thing that happened to the Chiefs all year was a bye week that prevented them from having another smoke-and-mirrors win against another weak foe.

4. New Orleans. Statement rebound win over the "meh" Cowboys.

5. New England. They move up on a bye due to the losses of San Fran and Indy.

6. Indianapolis. I'm actually leaving them in their place from last week, but hear me out: Look at who they've struggled against. Miami, Houston, St. Louis, San Diego. Now look at who they've beaten. Seattle, Denver, San Francisco. Which set of teams are they more likely to see in January?

7. San Francisco. They overlooked Carolina, just like everyone but me has been doing for weeks.

8. Carolina. They SHOULD move up after a statement win over a big opponent, but it was a very close game, and I think SF has had a harsher schedule so far. Still, let's essentially call SF #7 and Carolina #7A.

9. Detroit. A win over an over-.500 divisional foe gets you in the Top Ten. I'd feel bad about overlooking Detroit to this point, but they clearly weren't better than a Packers team with a healthy Rodgers or Cincy when they were churning out wins.

10. Cincy. This is so tenuous, and I looked REALLY HARD at the other .500+ teams to put here. But I couldn't justify including the Eagles (YET! But they might be here next week), Cardinals (5-4 but -8 in net points), Chicago (just lost and wasn't included before), or the Jets (LOLno). Cincy got badly outplayed by the bad Ravens team, needed a miracle Hail Mary just to get to OT, and then had one of the worst playcalls I've ever seen on 4th-and-2 in OT. If/When the Bungles falter again this year, Lewis NEEDS to go.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
lol the Lions did that all the time last year. Sign people from the Jags PS, I mean. Never worked for them. Glad they stopped doing that.

Eh, I don't think the Bears are that bad on paper. I think they're having some unfortunate luck with injuries (most notably Jay Cutler, although my dad said earlier that people from Chicago are ready to run Jay Cutler out of town) and just unfortunate luck overall. Kind of like the Lions last year tbh.

I remember after last year, a lot of Lions fans wanted to fire Gunther Cunningham and make your old coach our new DC. Maybe the Bears should consider that in the offseason?

Hard to say it is bad luck at this point. Cutler has gotten hurt a ton of times now, so he really is just injury prone. He is 30 years old and is going to want a ton of money. The best move would be getting rid of him.

Lugia's Chosen

Bucs are in danger of winning a game again. Come on bucs, I know you can pull out a loss!

Screw that. OMG A WIN A WIN

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
That was a pretty fun game to watch actually!

That interception by Revis was great! Since the Bucs and Jags both won this week, that also means the Lions will still be the only team in NFL history to go 0-16.....In all seriousness though congrats to the Bucs on the win!

Last edited:

Aero51XnT

Blackwing Trainer
Cant wait for the following games:

Niners Saints
Panthers Patriots
Chiefs Broncos

HoboJak

Unbroken
The Bears just can't catch a break, now Tillman is out for the season. I'd hate to say tank when we are over .500 but 9-7 is looking like wishful thinking at the moment, and there's no way we make the playoffs at 9-7...