• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
It's great for the Eagles to come up with a win. Hopefully Philly won't turn on then if the do bad next week against Detroit.

Navin

MALDREAD
It's great for the Eagles to come up with a win. Hopefully Philly won't turn on then if the do bad next week against Detroit.

If that same Lions defense on Thanksgiving appears, then Eagles might have a tough time. Hopefully Lions win...but knowing the Lions, they'll scare us fans right until they barely squeak into the playoffs.

rocky505

bama fans are spoiled. I'm not surprised they would be attacking their coach now

No it's not Bama fans that are spoiled. It's those hardcore football fans(No matter what team they go for) that are spoiled. They'll go crazy over the stupidest thing. I've seen old people get mad over my high school's football team kicking a field goal instead of going for the 2 even though they were ahead by 20 points >_>

Lugia's Chosen

No it's not Bama fans that are spoiled. It's those hardcore football fans(No matter what team they go for) that are spoiled. They'll go crazy over the stupidest thing. I've seen old people get mad over my high school's football team kicking a field goal instead of going for the 2 even though they were ahead by 20 points >_>

I know that feeling. All my teams having such a bad year has kind of given me a needed slice of humble pie

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
If that same Lions defense on Thanksgiving appears, then Eagles might have a tough time. Hopefully Lions win...but knowing the Lions, they'll scare us fans right until they barely squeak into the playoffs.

Well, hopefully the defense can't stop, or interfere with Nick Foles.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well the Browns are pretty much done after today. Hopefully we get rid of Chud after the season and we make a push to get Jim Tressel to be our coach. I'm also hoping we get to draft Johnny Manziel next year so we can build towards an eventual Super Bowl championship. Passing on Big Ben and letting him go to Pittsburgh was perhaps the biggest draft mistake in team history and Chud is the worst HC hire in team history.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
If the Lions play lately is anything to go by, they'll be the ones turning over the ball a lot. They remind me of the Packers in the early Brett Favre days lol.

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
The Broncos are set for the playoffs this year, 4-0 in the division and in First place, might even get a first week bye. Knock on wood though, anything could happen. Personally, if be happy for the Eagles to make the playoffs. First real rebuilding season.

jaybird

Seattle Seahawks vs. New Orleans Saints tomorrow night.

Hope we win.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Go Blue forever! I was at the game yesterday...still heartbroken. Classic game, shame it didn't go our way.

Yeah, it's always going to be debated whether we should have gone for two. But it would be too much to expect another fumble or interception because our defense had no chance of stopping Braxton or Carlos Hyde from overtime field range.

I don't know what's going to happen next year, but Borges and Hoke have to realize they need to run an offense that works with the players we got, and not force something. If that Michigan team showed up all season, we'd be 11-1 or 10-2. All I can say is that Hoke and Borges saved themselves, or at least kept their job security a lot more tighter than it was before game. But they need to beat OSU at the Horseshoe next year...

I was at the first game of the season against Central Michigan, and the games against Minnesota and Nebraska. I've never been to a Michigan/Ohio game, that's pretty cool that you were there!

I think going for two was the right call, but I would've went with the play that Funchess scored that touchdown on. Ohio knew Gardner was gonna throw to Dileo....

Not to mention, Funchess is like 6'5 he's a match up nightmare for DB's.

None the less it was a great game. It's a heartbreaker, but was a great game.

Yeah I agree. The coaches have to run a offense that works with the players they have. All of the guy's that Rich Rodriguez recruited are more use to the spread offense.

I think after next season all of Rich Rod's players at Michigan will have graduated. It's very critical that Michigan wins at the Horseshoe next season. Borges was on the hot seat for sure, and his job security may of gotten a little tighter even though Michigan lost. Michigan put up a great fight. Al Borges called a great game yesterday. I can't believe I actually just said that Al Borges called a good game.....Lol.

Brady Hokes seat will get very hot if Michigan keeps having 7,8, win seasons. I think next season will be WAY better though. Gardner had a full season of starting experience, and all of these young offensive linemen will have a whole season of starting experience under their belt.

GO BLUE!

Last edited:

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Not so fast. I think it may be a very bad day for you. Auburn is going to move to #3. They just beat the #1 team and will have to beat another top 10 team. That stretch alone is far tougher than any of the cupcake schedule OSU played. Plus they played all year in a far tougher conference. Especially with the poor showing OSU had against a mediocre Michigan team, look for Auburn to jump OSU to #2 if they win they SEC championship.

Take off your homer glasses for a few minutes are look at the schedules the two have played, then tell me again OSU deserves to be in over Auburn if Auburn beats Mizzou. OSU hasn't even played a top 10 team this season. Auburn will have beaten 2 back to back.

PS: I think Mich State beats OSU

Actually, even IF Auburn wins, they won't take spot #2 unless they absolutely destroy Michigan State.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
The Foles train rolls on, 19-0 tdr. He just did it against maybe the best defense in the league, so one can argue against him anymore. Comparing the schedules left for the eagles and cowboys, it seems like it will come down to the last game of the year, when Foles can get his revenge for the bad game he had against them earlier.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Hopefully we get rid of Chud after the season and we make a push to get Jim Tressel to be our coach. I'm also hoping we get to draft Johnny Manziel next year so we can build towards an eventual Super Bowl championship.
oh God these are the two worst ideas for the Browns organization
not so much Tressel but Manziel? why on earth would you draft ANOTHER QB when you can't even supply the tools need for the last 2 QBs you drafted to succeed? Horrible idea

Lugia's Chosen

Actually, even IF Auburn wins, they won't take spot #2 unless they absolutely destroy Michigan State.

You mean Missouri.

and why not? I am assuming Mizzou will be around #5. Auburn will have beaten #1 and #5 back to back to end the season. Those 2 games alone are harder than OSU's entire schedule. Lets not forget they have played 2 other ranked teams, Ole Miss, and A&M. So what is that? 4 wins over ranked team to OSU's 2 if they beat MSU (not even top 10 teams mind you). People are all enamored with OSU's win streak, the problem is, they haven't played anyone in that streak and have almost lost to some rather mediocre teams.

Tell me agian why OSU deserves to be over Auburn?

Cherche

Banned
A no doubt playoff preview tonight with Seahawks - Saints. Of course, nothing can be clinched for either team, but this is a must win for the Saints. If NO loses, they'll most likely face the Seahawks on the road in the playoffs. Better hope for the nest.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The Foles train rolls on, 19-0 tdr. He just did it against maybe the best defense in the league, so one can argue against him anymore. Comparing the schedules left for the eagles and cowboys, it seems like it will come down to the last game of the year, when Foles can get his revenge for the bad game he had against them earlier.
The Cardinals don't have the best defense in football. I think the Panthers do, personally.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Auburn wins the SEC they better get in the title game. They have more quality wins than Ohio. Ohio has played a weaksauce schedule. I don't see Ohio dominating MSU. The MSU defense has a great past of stopping mobile quarterbacks, stopping Hyde will be a big challenge and I think the MSU defense will be up for it.

Also, if the Michigan offense can pass all over Ohio's defense, I don't see why MSU's can't. If you spread out Ohio's defense you can move the ball at will.

Last edited:

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
You mean Missouri.

and why not? I am assuming Mizzou will be around #5. Auburn will have beaten #1 and #5 back to back to end the season. Those 2 games alone are harder than OSU's entire schedule. Lets not forget they have played 2 other ranked teams, Ole Miss, and A&M. So what is that? 4 wins over ranked team to OSU's 2 if they beat MSU (not even top 10 teams mind you). People are all enamored with OSU's win streak, the problem is, they haven't played anyone in that streak and have almost lost to some rather mediocre teams.

Tell me agian why OSU deserves to be over Auburn?

Because OSU hasn't lost a game, and Auburn has. I'd love for Auburn to be in the finals, but that's how the rules go..

I'm depressed Arizona got defeated by the Eagles. I knew that would be the true matchup, as the Colts wouldn't be too much of a problem.. I had a feeling Arizona would win that game. I also had a feeling Arizona would face it's true test against the Eagles. Now I know Arizona is probably doomed, with San Fran getting it's offensive core back, in addition to being two games ahead in the Wild Card Race. Blast.