• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Qmaz246

Disney Trainer
A no doubt playoff preview tonight with Seahawks - Saints. Of course, nothing can be clinched for either team, but this is a must win for the Saints. If NO loses, they'll most likely face the Seahawks on the road in the playoffs. Better hope for the nest.

I think the Seahawks clinch with a win tonight, actually.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Seahawks look unstopable right now. They pretty much lock up Homefield with having wins over carolina and NO if this holds up. Then the superbowl is in bad weather, which sets up well for them. I can't see them not as the favorites now.
The Cardinals don't have the best defense in football. I think the Panthers do, personally.

Well if not the best, right up there, and the hottest the last month or so. Either way, foles really proved himself.

Navin

MALDREAD
I was at the first game of the season against Central Michigan, and the games against Minnesota and Nebraska. I've never been to a Michigan/Ohio game, that's pretty cool that you were there!

Nice nice, I didn't have any time to go to any other games other than Ohio this year. I went to four of the six last year, and all of them in 2011.

I think going for two was the right call, but I would've went with the play that Funchess scored that touchdown on. Ohio knew Gardner was gonna throw to Dileo....

Not to mention, Funchess is like 6'5 he's a match up nightmare for DB's.

Yeah, it was a horrible play on a right call. If only Gardner wasn't literally in near-quadriplegic stage at that point, he could have ran/dived in.

None the less it was a great game. It's a heartbreaker, but was a great game.

Yeah I agree. The coaches have to run a offense that works with the players they have. All of the guy's that Rich Rodriguez recruited are more use to the spread offense.

I hope Michigan doesn't completely abandon the spread. I'd like to see them maintain that hybrid offense to keep defenses guessing. That pro-style' offense that was on display this season was easily defended against...

I think after next season all of Rich Rod's players at Michigan will have graduated. It's very critical that Michigan wins at the Horseshoe next season. Borges was on the hot seat for sure, and his job security may of gotten a little tighter even though Michigan lost. Michigan put up a great fight. Al Borges called a great game yesterday. I can't believe I actually just said that Al Borges called a good game.....Lol.

Yeah, it's not enough to just get close losses. This is the Game, there's no moral victories here. Borges is too inconsistent - I don't why he holds back the playbook. He completely made our offense way too obvious in the second half of the Ohio game last year, but then pulls out all the tricks in the bowl game against SC the following week.

But I'm glad that we established Green/Smith as the RB tandem - they are going to be good. As much as I liked Fitz, he was not getting it done, even if our OLine wasn't giving him much.

Brady Hokes seat will get very hot if Michigan keeps having 7,8, win seasons. I think next season will be WAY better though. Gardner had a full season of starting experience, and all of these young offensive linemen will have a whole season of starting experience under their belt.

GO BLUE!

Honestly, 7-5 is pretty miserable, and I don't think anybody is really happy with Hoke and staff. That Ohio game really saved Hoke, and also likely helped our recruiting from taking a complete nosedive. But they need to go 10-2 or 11-1 and compete in the Big Ten championship...there's no excuses if Dantonio and staff can take 3 star recruits and coach them to the level that they are.

As long as they have Gardner as QB, they have to maintain a hybrid offense. You have to use Gardner's mobility, and also account for his weaknesses. His production was amazing on Saturday.

Well Hoke will have 2 away games against MSU and Ohio next year...if he can win those and lead us to a 10+ win season, then he's safe to be Michigan's coach for many years ahead.

Lugia's Chosen

Because OSU hasn't lost a game, and Auburn has. I'd love for Auburn to be in the finals, but that's how the rules go..

Not necessarily. Who they have played does factor in quite a bit. it is not improbable to think Auburn would jump OSU even with a loss. I already explained why, but it bears repeating: Auburn will have had to have beaten #1 and #5 to finish the season, they will have had 4 wins overall against ranked teams. Thats double what OSU would have if they beat MSU. The two top 5 wins alone make OSU's entire schedule look like a joke.

In fact both FSU and OSU schedules are awful FSU's: #42 OSU's: #52 That is why I am not impressed in the least with OSU's win streak

Last edited:

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Seahawks look unstopable right now. They pretty much lock up Homefield with having wins over carolina and NO if this holds up. Then the superbowl is in bad weather, which sets up well for them. I can't see them not as the favorites now.

Well if not the best, right up there, and the hottest the last month or so. Either way, foles really proved himself.

Do the Seahawks really play in Northeaestern cold? Sets up better for Brady ;)

Foles has been solid for the eagles as well

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Weekly Top Ten

1. Seattle. Yeah, they've all-but locked this up for themselves for the rest of the year.

2. Carolina. Another dominant win. With two games to go against the Saints, the Panthers are tied with them at 9-3 and could easily take the #2 spot in the NFC

3. New England. Who needs to play first halves when you play as well as the Patriots do after halftime?

4. Denver. Dominated the previously unbeaten Chiefs twice in three weeks. Still, giving up so many points to Alex Smith's offense is worrying.

5. San Francisco. They've crawled back up to 8-4, and look good doing it. Their game against Seattle will show how real this team is, as they've struggled against top teams.

6. New Orleans. If the NFC playoffs don't roll through New Orleans, it's REALLY hard imagining their making it to the Superbowl. They really need homefield advantage, but it's not in their hands at the moment.

7. Philadelphia. Betting against them right now would be Fole-ish. Ha!

8. Kansas City. Three straight losses, and a huge turnaround by their vaunted defense, has really revealed this team. Still, Jamaal Charles is a great player with a great line. They could still surprise somebody.

9. Cincy. Gutted out a good win over a tough San Diego team fighting for its playoff life. Very underrated defense.

10. Indianapolis. I like them more than Arizona or Detroit right now based on their quality wins. But this team has not looked great in a few weeks.

Last edited:

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Weekly Top Ten

1. Seattle. Yeah, they've all-but locked this up for themselves for the rest of the year.

2. Carolina. Another dominant win. With two games to go against the Saints, the Panthers are tied with them at 9-3 and could easily take the #2 spot in the NFC

3. New England. Who needs to play first halves when you play as well as the Patriots do after halftime?

4. Denver. Dominated the previously unbeaten Chiefs twice in two weeks. Still, giving up so many points to Alex Smith's offense is worrying.

5. San Francisco. They've crawled back up to 8-4, and look good doing it. Their game against Seattle will show how real this team is, as they've struggled against top teams.

6. New Orleans. Is the NFC playoffs don't roll through New Orleans, it's REALLY hard imagining their making it to the Superbowl. They really need homefield advantage, but it's not in their hands at the moment.

7. Philadelphia. Betting against them right now would be Fole-ish. Ha!

8. Kansas City. Three straight losses, and a huge turnaround by their vaunted defense, has really revealed this team. Still, Jamaal Charles is a great player with a great line. They could still surprise somebody.

9. Cincy. Gutted out a good win over a tough San Diego team fighting for its playoff life. Very underrated defense.

10. Indianapolis. I like them more than Arizona or Detroit right now based on their quality wins. But this team has not looked great in a few weeks.

Arizona and Detroit aren't struggling right now. The Colts are now. They're nothing without Reggie Wayne.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Arizona and Detroit aren't struggling right now. The Colts are now. They're nothing without Reggie Wayne.

I'd say all three of those teams are close now, but I would have Indy probably as the worst. Detroit really isn't doing much better, everyone is pretty much dominating greenbay right now so that didn't mean much.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Out of the three, I not only have Detroit as the worst, but I have Dallas ahead of them (I might put Dallas ahead of Arizona, too, actually). Beating up a Green Bay team that is one of the five worst teams in the NFL without Rodgers is an illusion. Prior to that, they lost to Pittsburgh and Tampa.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Pittsburgh and Tampa aren't as bad as their records suggest (Pittsburgh was riddled with injuries early in the year, and for the most part, Tampa's just been plain unlucky, like the Lions last year - they're just losing a bunch of close games, which is almost always nothing more than bad luck). Detroit lost to Pittsburgh on the road and in the rain (road games are always hard to win, and it doesn't help that Detroit plays in a domed stadium) and Tampa very nearly beat your precious Seahawks AT HOME, so they're definitely not as bad as their record suggests.

But nobody is going to take Detroit seriously until they beat a few good teams, I've long gotten over that. Philly and (hopefully) the playoffs aside, they have no chance at that this year. Try again next year, when they (probably) have a first place schedule and will play Seattle, New Orleans, Carolina, Pats, etc.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Well even if you think Tampa and Pittsburgh are better than their records (I don't), I didn't have Detroit in the Top Ten the last two weeks, and I'm not about to add them in just because they beat up some dregs. The NFC North is shaping up to be the worst division in the NFL since the Eagles and Cowboys are both hitting their strides, so being #1 in that division isn't really impressing me.

I actually like the Lions, though, as far as teams go. I like Jim Schwartz because, really, anybody who wants to punch out Jim Harbaugh is A-OK with me. Generally I cheer for Detroit most weeks, so I'm not trying to insult them.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
I have given up ALL hope for the Texans.

Lugia's Chosen

Well even if you think Tampa and Pittsburgh are better than their records (I don't), I didn't have Detroit in the Top Ten the last two weeks, and I'm not about to add them in just because they beat up some dregs. The NFC North is shaping up to be the worst division in the NFL since the Eagles and Cowboys are both hitting their strides, so being #1 in that division isn't really impressing me.

I actually like the Lions, though, as far as teams go. I like Jim Schwartz because, really, anybody who wants to punch out Jim Harbaugh is A-OK with me. Generally I cheer for Detroit most weeks, so I'm not trying to insult them.
One of those dregs happened to beat the lions :D

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
^ If you mean the Packers in Week 5, they were playing in Green Bay without Megatron, and Aaron Rodgers hadn't gotten injured yet. There was no way the Lions were winning that one.

I honestly don't think the NFC North is that bad on paper, just injury-riddled. If Aaron Rodgers wasn't hurt, they'd be running away with the division, and the Lions would likely be heading for the 7-9/8-8/9-7 record that the experts thought they would finish before the season began. Which isn't bad, per se, just average. But yeah. The Bears and Vikings are both pretty bad this year.

Believe me, I don't think the Lions belong in the upper echelon of the NFL until they beat a few good teams (and maybe have a good offseason). Just the way you worded that irked me a little bit. It's like the Tigers from a couple years ago (in baseball). I saw a lot of people who were like, "Oh, the Tigers aren't that great, they're just beating up on AL Central cupcakes, they'd get killed if they were in a REAL division." This is basically no different, and I've read enough of that logic for a lifetime. That's all. I apologize for being a homer, though. :(

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
I haven't been on this thread for a few weeks and you insisting that McCarthy is going to be fired is already annoying.

And it's also not true.

At all.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I haven't been on this thread for a few weeks and you insisting that McCarthy is going to be fired is already annoying.

And it's also not true.

At all.

I wouldn't be talking if I were you. The Texans are doing even worse right now. They currently have the worst record in the league. So Kubiak might be gone too.

MosuGoji

RIP Jared
No **** Kubiak'll be gone, he's been doing awful for almost all of the time he's been in Houston. McCarthy has done a damn fine job in Green Bay and the Packers management would have to be full of idiots and dunkasses to fire him.

If they do, however, I'll be ecstatic if the Texans pick him up.