• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
More just in from our reporter in the field: all college football sucks.

Preach it, brotha. I was looking at some scores yesterday (I think it was just the games with top 25 teams or w/e, so it wasn't more than ~15-20 games), and no fewer than 3 games were decided by 8+ touchdowns. I honestly don't know how people watch most college games (excepting teams you really care about personally, I guess).

In fantasy news, I'm currently projected as the highest scorer this week in the Serebii Fantasy Football League. :)

Hey, I was projected to have the most points! And then more than one game was played.

Also, I am just now noticing that our league has PPR. Would've fundamentally changed my draft strategy. Whoops.

I'm sorry, but can the NFL just expand and put a second team in Boston already? That way, if I have to watch my team lose, at least I can remind myself they're a new franchise.

I should be surprised that a Patriots fan is whining about losing one game... but I'm not.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The Broncos squeaked by the Colts. Later on today the Lions play the Giants. I'm really looking forward to that game.

Wow, not a good day for the Cowboys offense, and i'm surprised the Bears lost honestly.

Navin

MALDREAD
Welp, let's see how the Caldwell experiment in Detroit will transpire. Honestly, same old story again. Incredible talent on the team. Poor execution and performances when it matters. Hopefully, Lions will turn it out around and make the playoffs but honestly they have disappointed me for years now so I won't be shocked to see another 6-10/mediocre season again.

charizardfan

First half of that Eagles game gave me bad flashbacks to a couple years ago. Thankfully they rallied and came back very well in the second half, but Philly won’t get a chance to do that against better teams. The Eagles play Andrew Luck and the Colts next week and need to be in top form for that game.

And for all the scrutiny on the Cowboys’ defense, it was classic Tony Romo’s three interceptions in a row as well as a Murray fumble in the opening drive that really doomed them in their game. And the Redskins look to be on-track for one miserable year. As long as the Giants don’t surprise everyone and Washington and Dallas remain on the level they’re at, the Eagles should at least retain the divisional title.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I should be surprised that a Patriots fan is whining about losing one game... but I'm not.

Even I'll admit we're ridiculously spoiled. That said, losing a game I can handle, but at this point, I doubt anyone in New England is used to the Patriots being in last place in the AFC East, even if it's only Week 1. Oh well, at least I can take solace in the fact the Bucs lost and Mankins isn't nearly the difference maker everyone says he is. Granted, he left with an injury, but knowing our post-Hernandez luck, he would've gotten hurt against Miami. And at least we have a chance to beat Minnesota, right?

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
So Ray Rice was cut and suspended indefinitely after new video evidence surfaced. Good riddance to that piece of ****.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
All I wanna know is, where was that evidence when the story broke? Why did Roger Goodell (spelling?) feel the need to protect him in the first place?!

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Because the league succeeds in spite of Goodell, not because of.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well it turns out my bros and I's decision to watch MNF paid off as the Lions dominated the Giants in their season opener. Stafford looked elite as ever and that new offense looked very solid in its first game. Of course, knowing the Lions' reputation of being the most creative in choking and losing games when it matters, I'm not going to sing any praises anytime soon.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Ray Rice is a piece of crap, he deserved to get cut from the Ravens and suspended indefinitely. He shouldn't of did what he did. Just walk away! That whole situation could of been avoided in the first place!

As far as tonight goes i'm very happy! The Lions beat up the Giants in coach Caldwells debut as the Lions head coach. The Lions won 35-14!

Mathew Stafford played great, and it also helps that he had a healthy Calvin Johnson to throw to! Golden Tate played great as well, and Reggie did a great job catching passes as well. Ebron didn't make a single catch but that's alright because he will have that game where he absolutely shines! I hope he has many of those games!

The biggest negative I can take out of tonight's game is penalties! The Lions had 85 penalty yards compared to New Yorks 25.

Other than that it was a really nice win! Let's see if the Lions can keep winning games! In the past they have started off great, and then they would falter...

Therefore I will try hard not to get my hopes up too much.

Last edited:

ebevan91

More breaking news: The NFC East sucks.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Arizona beat San Diego 18-17. Carson Palmer led the Cards down the field for the game winning touchdown.

Last edited:
Yea that rams game is a preview of things to come. You can't be a running and defense team if you don't get 1st downs. I wouldn't touch that defense with a pole. They will never get off the field.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
For some reason I feel that the Packers and the Bears will have a horrible season, but I still think either of them will win the NFC North. I guess it'll go like this:
Packers 9-7
Bears 7-9
Vikings 5-11
Lions 4-12

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
As a Patriots fan, the upcoming game against Minnesota is both a no-win and a win-win. If we win, we'll have bounced back from the Miami game more or less. If the Vikings win, then it's a bit of success for Matt Cassel. But that's the thing. I don't want to see Adrian Peterson manhandle our run defense, but I always want to see Cassel do well because of how he handled coming in for Brady in '08 (if we hadn't lost that tiebreaker...). Ehhhh...

EDIT: Never mind, Adrian Peterson's been indicted.

Last edited:

c1234

Trainer Since '98
Arizona beat San Diego 18-17. Carson Palmer led the Cards down the field for the game winning touchdown.

Don't expect that to be an indication of how San Diego will play this season. They are gonna come out strong against Seattle this week. I am unsure if they will win or not, I am expecting a very good game though. Rivers is a very intelligent QB who I think will be able to avoid Sherman and other key players on SEA's defense.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
It was a lackluster start to the year for the Patriots, so I hope they step it up tomorrow.

Also hoping for big production from my fantasy guys as Im facing a tough team this week.