• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Same old Lions.

And as far as I'm concerned Michigan sucks. They may of beat Miami Ohio yesterday, but Michigan was only up 17-10 at half time...

Michigans still the same team as last year. The offensive line sucks, Gardner is not a very good qb, he sucks at reading defenses. Hokes been bringing in high caliber recruits, and by now those kids he recruited in 2012 should be panning out, we'll they're not. Michigan fans can't keep using the too young excuse. I think it's time for a coaching change. I'm sick of seeing Michigan struggle against cupcakes like Akron and Miami Ohio...

These kids on the team just aren't developing.

I wish I could be proved wrong, but we all know Michigan won't win out. We all know Michigan struggles against Msu and Ohio State. Well, they have struggled against those teams in these recent years. Michigan hasn't shown me anything to be excited about. I love my Wolverines, but they just aren't good.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Same old Lions.

It was pretty close until the fourth quarter. Whatever, Lions weren't expected to win anyway, but hopefully Stafford and Johnson will have better games.

And as far as I'm concerned Michigan sucks. They may of beat Miami Ohio yesterday, but Michigan was only up 17-10 at half time...

Yeah it shouldn't have been 10-10 and 17-10 at halftime, but at least it was a 24-0 second half. Derrick Green came up big with the rushing, and the run game came alive unlike last week. Yeah I'd like a 66-0 win like what OSU did, but a win is a win. If we can grind out wins the rest of this season to a 10-2 conclusion, I'll take it.

Michigans still the same team as last year. The offensive line sucks, Gardner is not a very good qb, he sucks at reading defenses. Hokes been bringing in high caliber recruits, and by now those kids he recruited in 2012 should be panning out, we'll they're not. Michigan fans can't keep using the too young excuse. I think it's time for a coaching change. I'm sick of seeing Michigan struggle against cupcakes like Akron and Miami Ohio... These kids on the team just aren't developing.

Hopefully the lines will gel before the B10 season. Nussmeier is basically a coach-in-waiting if Hoke fails to impress this year. Gardner has flashes of brilliance but I feel he rushes into his throws and doesn't read everything because he's probably worried he's under he's going to be sacked or under pressure the next second.

I wish I could be proved wrong, but we all know Michigan won't win out. We all know Michigan struggles against Msu and Ohio State. Well, they have struggled against those teams in these recent years. Michigan hasn't shown me anything to be excited about. I love my Wolverines, but they just aren't good.

Yeah, there's not much excitement in Ann Arbor around football. In fact, the smallest crowd in the Big House in years showed up yesterday with a count of only 102000 (to maintain that 100k+ streak) and that count seems iffy too. Most of us students look more forward to what Beilein is doing with our basketball team. I still ended up watching three quarters of the game, but I was getting seriously annoyed by that second quarter and I can understand the home boos.

HoboJak

Unbroken
Bears defense eating SF alive right now... so many people were calling this game unwinnable, very much enjoying seeing them proven wrong. The Bills game last week was awful - I'll admit, and this one's kinda coming gift wrapped... (Thank you refs, <3 you Kaepernick) Now to hope the Bears don't manage to blow it in the next two minutes.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
What a comeback by the Bears! The experts told many fantasy owners not to start Brandon Marshall in their lineups, because it's likely he won't play (questionable) and Marshall ends up scoring 3 touchdowns. Well, I listened to the experts and i'm regretting it right now...

Maybe I was a tad bit too hard on the Lions because they did great early on, but later on they collapsed like the Lions of old. The Lions have always had potential on their rosters, but they always find ways to blow games and play terrible. I'm not giving up on the Lions already, but today they looked like the same old Lions in the 4th quarter.

Michigan is one of those teams that has so much talent all over the field, but the coaches have no idea how to help these players reach their full potential. I'm starting to question if Hoke is the right guy for the job, I will not put up with another mediocre season like last season because i'm sick of seeing them lose big games. If Michigan beats Msu or Ohio State i'll be happy, but I know better. Heck, if Michigan can beat one of those rivals i'll be happy! Beating a pathetic Appalachian State team and Miami Ohio team is not impressive. Michigan was supposed to win those games (which they did). The last time Michigan ever won anything worth a crap was in 2011 when Hoke won the Sugar Bowl with Rich Rods players, and Michigan beat Ohio State that season. Michigan also beat Msu in 2012 that's another pretty big win in my opinion. I know Ohio State sucked in 2011 and MSU went 6-6 in 2012, but they were still big wins.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Going to be 2-0 in both my fantasy leagues, unless Andrew Luck scores 40 points tomorrow. One of them is a 20 team league too.

Navin

MALDREAD
Maybe I was a tad bit too hard on the Lions because they did great early on, but later on they collapsed like the Lions of old. The Lions have always had potential on their rosters, but they always find ways to blow games and play terrible. I'm not giving up on the Lions already, but today they looked like the same old Lions in the 4th quarter.

Hopefully they'll go 6-2 around half the season. That's the type of start necessary to make a shot at the playoffs knowing Lions tendency to muck it up near the end.

Michigan is one of those teams that has so much talent all over the field, but the coaches have no idea how to help these players reach their full potential. I'm starting to question if Hoke is the right guy for the job, I will not put up with another mediocre season like last season because i'm sick of seeing them lose big games. If Michigan beats Msu or Ohio State i'll be happy, but I know better. Heck, if Michigan can beat one of those rivals i'll be happy! Beating a pathetic Appalachian State team and Miami Ohio team is not impressive. Michigan was supposed to win those games (which they did). The last time Michigan ever won anything worth a crap was in 2011 when Hoke won the Sugar Bowl with Rich Rods players, and Michigan beat Ohio State that season. Michigan also beat Msu in 2012 that's another pretty big win in my opinion. I know Ohio State sucked in 2011 and MSU went 6-6 in 2012, but they were still big wins.

Take a look at this article: http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2014/04/analysis_why_is_michigan_still.html

It basically explains why Michigan still has a young team, in fact Hoke's youngest in his tenure. Still, the 2012 and 2013 classes are talented and the coaching has to develop them. Hoke has to go at least 9-3 and win against OSU or MSU.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If Hoke keeps his job this season and does mediocre again, next season is make or break for sure. I know him and David Brandon are best buds, but if he can't win here he needs to go. If the fans don't show up to games because this team sucks that's not good. This football team is already losing fan support as it is because of how mediocre they have been the last couple of years.

I'm a loyal fan, and I will always support this team no matter what. I even survived through the 2008 season which was awful, but Hoke needs to start winning big games asap. I know a wins a win, but beating a team that hasn't won a game in two years is nothing to hang your hat on.

Michigan needs to beat Msu or Ohio State badly.

I think it's safe to say RGIII is done in Washington.
Agreed in terms of him being done in the long term. Too injury prone and not as efficient as Kirk Cousins. If it were up to me Cousins would probably start next year and RGIII would be the backup QB. Though RGIII being a backup might lead to some bad blood in the Redskins organization, so i could see a release as well, though that would leave a vacancy if i'm not mistaken at backup.

My thoughts this week CFB
-Glad to see USC lost. Makes it even sweeter knowing the loss came from a lackluster team (or at least lackluster the past few years) in Boston College.
-SEC East is confusing in terms of who will win it.
-My team, LSU is going to need to throw the ball more if they want to be efficient on offense. Defense looked good (despite them playing ULM), but the overabundance of running plays didn't seem to work. Note: Although i could say they need to throw more, i know that's not going to happen with Miles as coach. He's pretty stubborn and loves to do things his way. P.S. Leonard Fournette = overrated.

My thoughts this week NFL
-Adrian Peterson & Ray Rice are scum.
-Saints losing to the Browns isn't a good sign. Louisiana investors on the fence about investing into brown-paper bag futures, possible lucrative investment. Aints are possibly back.
-2 weeks in, Bengals, Broncos look to be the best teams in my book.
-Saints (again), apparently can't play on the road. Vikings coming to N.O. this week, i'm expecting a win. If not, there will be brown paper bags in their future.
-Same old jets

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Running quarterbacks never work out in the NFL. Vick was the only one who really did anything. Quarterbacks who can throw who are also mobile are the best. RGIII was done the second he got bashed up in his first year, he was never the same after that.

Puma Italia

What a terrible loss that was for the Jets.. I knew not to get to comfortable when they had the lead early, but to lose it the way they did... I feel like these things could only happen to the Jets.

ebevan91

The Colts need to start scoring some points. As a Cowboys fan (lol) I need the other NFC East teams to lose as much as possible.

Also, #10 in the AP poll!

charizardfan

Looks like it might time for McCoy to step aside! I kid of course, but seriously, Darren Sproles has been a huge asset for this team these past two games. This is the second time in a row he's played a significant part in helping Philadelphia dig itself from some big first half deficits to come back (seriously, that needs to stop). It was one thing to do this against the Jacksonville Jaguars, but beating the Colts tonight was big win for the Eagles and gives me a nice feeling about Philadelphia's chances to retain the divisional crown.

That said, I'll be the first Eagles fan to admit that we did get some help from poor officiating in that last quarter...

Last edited:

nivogirl

I think that the NFL should have taken a more proactive approach when it comes to having their players assulting other people.

I took a loss too. 0-2. Adrian Peterson 2 weeks = 7 points DOH !!!

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
The starters on my fantasy team played pretty bad this week. Tom Brady only scored me 11 points in my league, and Calvin Johnson didn't do squat after scoring 41 points last week. Sigh, hopefully next week is a better outing for me. Right now I'm currently 1-1 in my league. I wish I would of started Brandon Marshall, but the freaking "so called" experts said he is questionable, and would most likely be out for the game. So I benched him....He ends up scoring 3 touchdowns that would of helped my fantasy team.....

It was my fault for listening to the "so called" experts. I blame myself honestly.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I'm tanking through the Serebii league pretty hard thus far. 2-0 and the highest scorer overall. I really like my team there, so no complaints.

In my other league (which is a 12-team keeper league with $20 dues), I'm staying afloat, but barely. I'm in 5th place at 1-1, but my RB corps is going extinct. I lost Ryan Mathews and Mark Ingram both for about 5 weeks, and Chris Johnson looks terrible. I've got to ride Jeremy Hill and Darren Sproles for the next few weeks, at least. Add that to a meager WR corps (my starters are Dez Bryant and Kendall Wright, and my only backups are Mike Evans and Justin Hunter, who I am about to cut for more RB depth), and... it might be time to start trading off my studs for draft picks and Keeper prospects.

ebevan91

They're playing college football right now actually. You RARELY see beatings like this in the NFL.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully Michigan shows up today. Unlike last week they can't wait until the 3rd quarter to show up, otherwise Utah will floor them.