• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Navin

MALDREAD
It's miserable in Ann Arbor right now, that's all I can say.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Going to be 2-0 in both my fantasy leagues, unless Andrew Luck scores 40 points tomorrow. One of them is a 20 team league too.

I didn't know 20 team leagues even existed. I thought 14 was the max.

It seems I have much to learn about fantasy football. Especially since I'm currently 1-5 across three leagues. Guess I'm not as NFL-savvy as I'd thought.

I'm tanking through the Serebii league pretty hard thus far. 2-0 and the highest scorer overall. I really like my team there, so no complaints.

In my other league (which is a 12-team keeper league with $20 dues), I'm staying afloat, but barely. I'm in 5th place at 1-1, but my RB corps is going extinct. I lost Ryan Mathews and Mark Ingram both for about 5 weeks, and Chris Johnson looks terrible. I've got to ride Jeremy Hill and Darren Sproles for the next few weeks, at least. Add that to a meager WR corps (my starters are Dez Bryant and Kendall Wright, and my only backups are Mike Evans and Justin Hunter, who I am about to cut for more RB depth), and... it might be time to start trading off my studs for draft picks and Keeper prospects.

I'm tanking the Serebii league in the typical definition of the word, since I have the fewest points for, the most points against, and have been on the receiving end of the biggest blowout each week so far. It's funny because I was also "projected" to win both of the matchups, so since I'm projected to lose this week, maybe the opposite will happen. I'm definitely already losing confidence in my team, though.

Also, since I follow the Chargers fairly closely, Danny Woodhead was one of my favorite backs for fantasy this year precisely because I had no expectation of Mathews making it through the season. Had I realized that we were doing a PPR league, I probably would have drafted him (and Pierre Thomas, since tbh I've never liked Ingram that much, either). But I tend to get my fantasy/reality wires crossed and forget how marginal players are often the ones scoring touchdowns and whatnot, so I guess it doesn't matter much what I think.

They're playing college football right now actually. You RARELY see beatings like this in the NFL.

While I hate to say that any injury is a positive thing, Josh McCown breaking his hand (or whatever he did; he's out a few weeks) reverses what was probably the worst offseason coaching decision in the entire NFL, so this game will probably help the Bucs in the long run.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully Michigan shows up today. Unlike last week they can't wait until the 3rd quarter to show up, otherwise Utah will floor them.

Well, it looks like I was right....Michigan didn't get off to a quick start, and they got floored.....

The defense isn't terrible, but the offense sucks, and when your offense cannot score points and move the ball your defense will just give up. It's mostly the offensive line that sucks, and Devin Gardner isn't good at reading defenses. I don't even know how coach Funk still has his job he needs to go. He hasn't proved he can develop good offensive lineman. Shane Morris should start every remaining game now, it's obvious that this year is another rebuilding year. Time to get Shane ready for next season, and let's move Gardner to Wide Receiver. Hats off to Utah, they are a quality team. Kyle Whittingham is a respectable coach, and he has a very good program at Utah.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well, it looks like I was right....Michigan didn't get off to a quick start, and they got floored.....The defense isn't terrible, but the offense sucks, and when your offense cannot score points and move the ball your defense will just give up. It's mostly the offensive line that sucks, and Devin Gardner isn't good at reading defenses. I don't even know how coach Funk still has his job he needs to go. He hasn't proved he can develop good offensive lineman. Shane Morris should start every remaining game now, it's obvious that this year is another rebuilding year. Time to get Shane ready for next season, and let's move Gardner to Wide Receiver. Hats off to Utah, they are a quality team. Kyle Whittingham is a respectable coach, and he has a very good program at Utah.

It seems whenever I don't show up for a home game, we lose that game. Only time it didn't happen was last year's OSU game and that was still extremely close. Although between Dave Brandon and Hoke and the shitty scheduling and product on field, I don't feel inclined to go to the rest. Nussmeier's offense is not translating into results - 3 offensive points in 2 games is pitiful. Hoke never seems to be doing anything other than clapping, and the defense eventually loses hope once offense starts sucking. I don't know what happened to Gardner after that late 2012/early 2013 gameplay but he looks very unimpressive right now.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
It seems whenever I don't show up for a home game, we lose that game. Only time it didn't happen was last year's OSU game and that was still extremely close. Although between Dave Brandon and Hoke and the shitty scheduling and product on field, I don't feel inclined to go to the rest. Nussmeier's offense is not translating into results - 3 offensive points in 2 games is pitiful. Hoke never seems to be doing anything other than clapping, and the defense eventually loses hope once offense starts sucking. I don't know what happened to Gardner after that late 2012/early 2013 gameplay but he looks very unimpressive right now.

I have always noticed how Gardner likes to lock on to his receivers, and that's not always a good thing. He can't read defenses at all. I honestly don't know what happened with him either man. He should just move to wide receiver. In 2012 when he played receiver he didn't do too bad. Moving to receiver might be the only hope of him making it in the NFL. I just don't see him making it as a quarterback in the NFL. He just doesn't have it mentally. For a 5th year senior he should be playing a lot more better than what he does.

Speaking of the NFL, the Lions just won! Am I seeing things? I'm sure I can pull out negatives from this game, but I really don't give a crap at this point because a wins a win. I wasn't able to watch the full game because I was at work, but I just got home in time to see the final score.

charizardfan

And the Eagles stay undefeated in the third week, but only after one hell of a football game where the Redskins really gave them all they could handle. I am not looking forward to when they have to go to Washington.

Nick Foles was great, much better than in the last two games. With an offensive line that started the game thin and only got thinner thanks to injuries and penalties, he managed to get sacked 0 times and threw for three touchdowns over 300 yards. He also proved himself to be very tough, taking some hard hits and just kept coming. It was unfortunate that McCoy and Sproles didn't do much this time around, especially since the latter had made such a name for himself in the past two games. Kirk Cousins was just as scary as I was afraid he'd be, and was undoubtably the better quarterback in the game. Between last week and this one, Washington would be crazy to keep RGIII as their starting QB. The run defense did an excellent job bottling up McCoy. Close, excellent game that really came down to the wire.

But in the end Philadelphia still reigns atop the NFC East; 3-0!

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Alright I may have said this before but I am absolutely fed up with McCarthy. It has now been three years since the Packers had a record OTHER THAN 1-2 after three games. It is clear as crystal and the Montana sky that McCarthy is not the same coach he was three years ago. The only way we are going to move forward and not backward is if we let go of McCarthy. I'm tempted to write a parody of Let It Go from Frozen to illustrate my frustration with him. I can understand losing in Seattle, but we should not be losing to the Lions no matter the location. Guess as to the last time the Packers had a losing streak in Detroit. The other 31 NFL teams have long realized McCarthyism is passe - some since the 50s or 60s. The Packers need to do the same.

Navin

MALDREAD
Alright I may have said this before but I am absolutely fed up with McCarthy. It has now been three years since the Packers had a record OTHER THAN 1-2 after three games. It is clear as crystal and the Montana sky that McCarthy is not the same coach he was three years ago. The only way we are going to move forward and not backward is if we let go of McCarthy. I'm tempted to write a parody of Let It Go from Frozen to illustrate my frustration with him. I can understand losing in Seattle, but we should not be losing to the Lions no matter the location. Guess as to the last time the Packers had a losing streak in Detroit. The other 31 NFL teams have long realized McCarthyism is passe - some since the 50s or 60s. The Packers need to do the same.

The Lions are enormously talented and can beat anybody if they ever played up to their potential (most of the time, they don't). Packers have been to the playoffs for the last five years. Attribute that to Rodgers you may, but McCarthy deserves some credit. The 49ers beat Packers in a close one last year, and Kaep went beast mode the year before, and the year before that one, the Giants ended up winning the Super Bowl.

ebevan91

Looks like another season of PF#9 calling for McCarthy's head...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Hopefully tonight's Thursday night football game is at least competitive. The game last Thursday night was a snooze fest, unless you were a Atlanta Falcons fan lol.

ebevan91

Hopefully tonight's Thursday night football game is at least competitive. The game last Thursday night was a snooze fest, unless you were a Atlanta Falcons fan lol.

I forgot there was an NFL game on tonight. I'm watching Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech on ESPN right now.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I forgot there was an NFL game on tonight. I'm watching Oklahoma State vs. Texas Tech on ESPN right now.

You didn't miss much, the Giants blew out the Redskins lol. Larry Donnell had a excellent game. The opponent i'm playing against this week in my fantasy league is starting Donnell! Go figure....

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Yeah, not in OUR league, but in my other one, my opponent has Donnell. Figures... the first time in 3 years the Giants remember how to pass the ball, and it comes just in time to kick my butt.

charizardfan

Well so much for that. With this, my wait for a good Thursday Night football game continues on...

Seeing the Giants completely rout Washington last night made me wonder if Cousins is as good as I thought he was over the last couple weeks, or if he just happened to do very well against poor defenses. For right now, I'm prepared to think he had a bad night against a defense that's better than what he's had to deal with so far in a short week playing with a team with an already lackluster defense that's been hit hard by injuries. But if the latter is true then that really doesn't bode very well for Philadelphia, considering the numbers he put up against them last Sunday.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Yeah, I think Cousins just had one bad night. He was a free agent in my ESPN fantasy league, so I decided to sign him on my team. I already have Tom Brady and Russell Wilson, but Cousins could be a good fill in just incase something happens to Wilson and Brady.

I'm a huge Michigan fan, but i'm a fan of Kirk Cousins. He was a class act on and off the field in college, and he has a great work ethic. He still acts like a class act on and off the field, even in the pros. His work ethic is still great!

ebevan91

LOL, one of the Gameday signs (Missouri vs. South Carolina) said "Mizzou students choose Bulbasaur".