• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Navin

MALDREAD
Sooooo how 'bout Michigan's coaches? Seeming pretty scummy right now, just sayin'

As a student here, I felt sick to my stomach watching what just unfolded.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
And it doesn't even matter if Hoke is fired. No one worth their salt is going to want to coach at Michigan. His replacement will just be another mediocre, no-name coach that will continue to do the same thing Hoke's doing.

It's the athletic director that needs to go. Until he's gone, Michigan will continue to be awful.

ebevan91

Check out these games for next weekend. All teams are ranked:

Arizona State-USC
Texas A&M- Mississippi State
Alabama-Ole Miss
Stanford-Notre Dame
Auburn-LSU
Michigan State-Nebraska

Also. **** working on Saturdays and Sundays. I haven't had a chance to watch ANY of my teams (college or pro) play any more than 1 quarter or half of a single game.

HoboJak

Unbroken
And it doesn't even matter if Hoke is fired. No one worth their salt is going to want to coach at Michigan. His replacement will just be another mediocre, no-name coach that will continue to do the same thing Hoke's doing.

It's the athletic director that needs to go. Until he's gone, Michigan will continue to be awful.

At least another mediocre coach wouldn't be getting his players killed out there then pretending not to notice how blatantly injured they were... :/

On another note, the Bears game was straight up infuriating. Awful defense, awful clock management, and awful referees. (who the commentators were even calling out) To top it off - the offense that was fantastic to start slowed down toward the end of the first half, and came out and played horrible in the second. Cutler came through with the game sealing interceptions, and you could tell the game was over by the fourth quarter... great play by Forte and Bennett, other than that... just no. Just to make sure it's clear though - NOT blaming the refs for the loss, the Bears would've lost that one regardless, and the poor calls went both ways.

Last edited:

charizardfan

I really don't understand how the Eagles were at 3rd & Goal, at the two-yard line, and don't let McCoy try running it even one time. Just a terrible game all around.

Navin

MALDREAD

It's a program with a lot of history, a massive stadium and fan base, and lots and lots of money. Coaches will come, especially with the money being put on the table. There's a lot of rumors of Michigan spending a lot to get one of the Harbaugh brothers to coach here. Jim played here and John graduated from my high school.

The only thing with Hoke is that I think Michigan should keep him as a D-line coach. He's a good man, and it seems the players like him. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt over how they handled Shane Morris even though that damning.

At least another mediocre coach wouldn't be getting his players killed out there then pretending not to notice how blatantly injured they were... :/

There were boos at the Big House, and at the campus bar where I was at when that happened...

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Shane Morris should of sat out when he got hurt, I don't give a crap what anyone says! Fire David Brandon and Brady Hoke! Make coach Nuss or Mattison the intern coach, and offer Jim Harbaugh a offer he can't refuse! Michigan would most likely have to wait until after the NFL football season to offer Harbaugh. I highly doubt Harbaugh would just leave the 49ers high and dry in the middle of the season. I won't hang my hat on getting Harbaugh though because Hoke still has to lose his job.

Also, I don't want to hear anyone say "Michigan can't afford Harbaugh" oh don't feed me that bologna. The University has more than enough money to get Harbaugh.

I don't care how young of a team Michigan is! They lost to Minne-freaking sota! They lost to Utah! Sorry, none of those loses are excusable. All this team does is regress every season because Hoke can't develop players. I don't blame any of this mess on Mattison or coach Nuss. Brady Hoke is the headman, and in charge of everything on the football team. The offensive line and quarterback positions have been the biggest problems so far this season. For a 5th year senior Gardner sucks at reading defenses, and the offensive line keeps regressing.

If it was up to me I would of fired David Brandon and Brady Hoke right after the game.

Everyone seemed like they wanted Rich Rodriguez gone from the moment he was hired, and everyone wanted a "Michigan man."

Well, you all got your Michigan man with Hoke, and how has he fared? Michigan hasn't done jack **** since 2011 when Hoke came in and won the Sugar Bowl with Rich Rods players. Let's also not forget that the Denard Robinson show helped Michigan finish the season with a 11-2 record. Rich Rod would still be the coach here if his teams knew how to play defense. Rich Rods offenses at Michigan weren't terrible. Besides in the 2008 season, which was his first season as the head coach.

I remember from 2002-2007 when Michigan State football was mediocre. Their fans would always tell me "Michigan sucks" and I would just laugh at them every time. Well, when they tell me Michigan sucks in 2014 I just agree with them. I hate to agree, but seriously Michigan sucks this season. I support the players, but not the coach. I will be a Michigan fan until the day I die. No mater how much Michigan sucks this season I will always support this University, I just don't support the coach.

On the bright side the Lions won.

That's all for my rant.

PsychicPsycho

Holy crap, I can't believe what I'm seeing in this Chiefs game. Hopefully this is more something good about the Chiefs then something bad about the Patriots. Aside from the first game they've actually been fairly good. I'm used to the Chiefs not living up to expectations, so after that first game I was expecting a pretty dismal season.

Navin

MALDREAD
Fire David Brandon and Brady Hoke! Make coach Nuss or Mattison the intern coach, and offer Jim Harbaugh a offer he can't refuse! Michigan would most likely have to wait until after the NFL football season to offer Harbaugh. I highly doubt Harbaugh would just leave the 49ers high and dry in the middle of the season. I won't hang my hat on getting Harbaugh though because Hoke still has to lose his job. If it was up to me I would of fired David Brandon and Brady Hoke right after the game. Everyone seemed like they wanted Rich Rodriguez gone from the moment he was hired, and everyone wanted a "Michigan man." Well, you all got your Michigan man with Hoke, and how has he fared? Michigan hasn't done jack **** since 2011 when Hoke came in and won the Sugar Bowl with Rich Rods players. Let's also not forget that the Denard Robinson show helped Michigan finish the season with a 11-2 record. Rich Rod would still be the coach here if his teams knew how to play defense. Rich Rods offenses at Michigan weren't terrible. Besides in the 2008 season, which was his first season as the head coach. I remember from 2002-2007 when Michigan State football was mediocre. Their fans would always tell me "Michigan sucks" and I would just laugh at them every time. Well, when they tell me Michigan sucks in 2014 I just agree with them. I hate to agree, but seriously Michigan sucks this season. I support the players, but not the coach. I will be a Michigan fan until the day I die. No mater how much Michigan sucks this season I will always support this University, I just don't support the coach.

Lot of angry voices here calling for both of their firings. I wonder if the new president will have the cahoots to fire one or both. Brandon has to go for sure. I would keep Hoke as a D-Line coach and get Harbaugh.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
You know, until last night, I was willing to chalk the Patriots' struggles up to the new offensive line coach. Now though, it's clear Belichick is the problem. Not General Manager Belichick, and not even Coach Belichick - Belichick needs to go, period! After that game, it's clear to me that he's lost the respect of his players to the point where it affects their performance! You don't just trade a locker room leader like Mankins as the GM and expect the players to believe you're on their side as the coach! Relieving him of one duty or the other is not gonna fix things - the damage is done to the point where he needs to be outright fired.

You laugh. You think I'm blowing smoke over a loss because Patriots fan. And maybe I am! But the writing was on the wall ever since Welker left (and two other players, I can't remember their names), and after Talib left, it was an instant downgrade to an already poor defense. All that plus the Mankins trade boils down to two things: cheapness and ego. There is literally no reason to believe Belichick is on the Patriots team's side anymore as opposed to the Patriots corporation's. I've always believed a coach being a GM is a bad idea, and this loss proves it. I do believe the Patriots can still be great, but Belichick has become the problem rather than the solution.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
You know, until last night, I was willing to chalk the Patriots' struggles up to the new offensive line coach. Now though, it's clear Belichick is the problem. Not General Manager Belichick, and not even Coach Belichick - Belichick needs to go, period! After that game, it's clear to me that he's lost the respect of his players to the point where it affects their performance! You don't just trade a locker room leader like Mankins as the GM and expect the players to believe you're on their side as the coach! Relieving him of one duty or the other is not gonna fix things - the damage is done to the point where he needs to be outright fired.

You laugh. You think I'm blowing smoke over a loss because Patriots fan. And maybe I am! But the writing was on the wall ever since Welker left (and two other players, I can't remember their names), and after Talib left, it was an instant downgrade to an already poor defense. All that plus the Mankins trade boils down to two things: cheapness and ego. There is literally no reason to believe Belichick is on the Patriots team's side anymore as opposed to the Patriots corporation's. I've always believed a coach being a GM is a bad idea, and this loss proves it. I do believe the Patriots can still be great, but Belichick has become the problem rather than the solution.

I think people are overreacting. The Patriots went 51-13 in the regular season the past four years. Brady/Belichick find ways to win games. I'd wait till week 8 before starting to ring the alarm bells.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Tell ya what: if they SOMEHOW manage to beat the Bengals, then Belichick isn't the problem. Of course, given last year's embarrassment against them, that's never going to happen.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
Tell ya what: if they SOMEHOW manage to beat the Bengals, then Belichick isn't the problem. Of course, given last year's embarrassment against them, that's never going to happen.

You're delusional if you think BB has to go after one embarrassing loss. If this was true, then why didn't the Broncos fire their coach after being smacked around in the Super Bowl? Exactly. The Patriots have 3/4 of the season ahead of them, so let's see what happens later and not jump to conclusions now.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Lot of angry voices here calling for both of their firings. I wonder if the new president will have the cahoots to fire one or both. Brandon has to go for sure. I would keep Hoke as a D-Line coach and get Harbaugh.

There was a rally at the University Of Michigan on Tuesday. Who knows, maybe David Brandon will end up resigning because of that rally. I think Hoke is a bad head coach, but I wouldn't mind him staying as a defensive line coach.

EDIT: My fantasy team needs to get a win this week! I really don't want to fall to 2-3 in my fantasy league....

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Brady's held the team together the past 2-3 years. He's getting to the point where he can't do that much longer, because he's really all they have. It's going to be dark times in Foxborough when Brady's gone.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Another blowout Thursday night game, yawn.

On a college football note, David Brandon said today he wont be resigning, and he will wait until the end of the football season to evaluate coach Hoke.

Michigan will be lucky to win another game this season, unless they start playing good all of the sudden. Getting blown out by Minnesota and Utah doesn't give me much hope. I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan loses this Saturday to Rutgers.

Navin

MALDREAD
Another blowout Thursday night game, yawn.

On a college football note, David Brandon said today he wont be resigning, and he will wait until the end of the football season to evaluate coach Hoke.

Michigan will be lucky to win another game this season, unless they start playing good all of the sudden. Getting blown out by Minnesota and Utah doesn't give me much hope. I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan loses this Saturday to Rutgers.

I was briefly at the rally against Brandon couple days back. Definitely surprised by the huge crowd that was actually there.

Now in retrospect it does seem that if Rich Rod got a good defensive coordinator like Mattison and recruited some linemen his system might have actually worked out, but he just ran out of time in Ann Arbor. Of course, Rich Rod was just a bad hire altogether, but nobody wants a case where we fire Hoke and it turns out by end of this season/next season his system is actually working. Hoke had an amazing first season, went 11-2, defeated OSU, and won the Sugar Bowl. Even that 8-5 second season, the losses were against #1 Alabama (which ended up winning the NC), #2 Notre Dame (NC runner-up in away game and loss less than a TD with Denard playing his absolute worst game ever and just choking the lead), #3 OSU (by 5 pts away game with Gardner injured in the second half), against ranked Nebraska (away game which we would have won if Denard hadn't gotten injured), and against a top-ten South Carolina (away game more like home for SC) team that won with like 10 seconds left. It was a tough schedule and Michigan was still ranked at the end.

Yes, last season was a disaster, but I think the guy does deserve to finish this season completely. I think Hoke handled the Morris thing very poorly, but everybody acknowledges he's a nice man, and maybe he is more guilty of negligence and lack of awareness than callous and uncaring intent. Dave Brandon is more businessman than AD, and is bad at both and quite honestly should be gone. But maybe the response will be force him to be more mindful of his decisions.

I'm hoping the players block all this negative press and just band together and try to win. I think they have the potential to finish 6-1 and go 8-4.