• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
To be fair, they were evaluating this incident in a vacuum, and ignoring his past track record. In that scenario, I can see how one might think him stepping on Rogers was accidentally.

Of course, to be actually fair, I can't see any conceivable reason to ignore a track record of him doing the same exact ****ing thing but hey, NFL. I guess I'd rather Suh get no suspension for hitting a professional football player than Rice/Peterson receiving small suspensions for hitting their wife/children.

The fact that they can do that without realizing how stupid it is is a huge part of the problem. With guys like Suh, you HAVE to account for their history. Otherwise, you're never going to appropriately deter this kind of behavior.

ebevan91

I'm glad Suh is playing. I hope The Dallas offense runs all over him.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Cowboys will choke one way or the other, that's a guarantee... either Game 1 or 2

Puma Italia

If the Jets really hire a coach before a GM, they will show that they have learned nothing. I keep reading that Doug Marrone is at the top of their list, but I'd rather get an offensive coach like the Bronco's offensive coordinator.

ebevan91

SEC is doing awful this bowl season, lol.

Mye

Someone has to win..
If the Jets really hire a coach before a GM, they will show that they have learned nothing. I keep reading that Doug Marrone is at the top of their list, but I'd rather get an offensive coach like the Bronco's offensive coordinator.

I sorta disagree. With the jets, we know that their defense is good and their offense is just terrible under a defense-first coach. Rather than tinkering around with it and possibly having both be bad, I'd love to see them just build on that defense and make it the best thing possible. Then in a few years when Brady's retired and the bills are still calling 9-7 seasons "good", they can be at or near the top of their division like Houston is.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
It all depends on how they handle their quarterback situation. Neither Geno Smith nor Michael Vick is the answer, Tampa's obviously going to take Marcus Mariota, and take it from a Patriots fan, no good can come from Florida State (no offense to anyone who actually went there), especially with Jameis Winston's track record.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
A couple of thrilling games today, both won by Big Ten schools. Wisconsin beat Auburn and MSU beat Baylor. So much for Baylor's argument that they should have been in the playoff.

ebevan91

Come on Oregon... I want to see this bum finally lose a game.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I want FSU to lose just for the fact for what Winston did to that woman. No charges may have been filed, but I'm convinced he still did it. I only rooted for him last year to end the SEC streak, I normally don't root for people like him.

Puma Italia

I sorta disagree. With the jets, we know that their defense is good and their offense is just terrible under a defense-first coach. Rather than tinkering around with it and possibly having both be bad, I'd love to see them just build on that defense and make it the best thing possible. Then in a few years when Brady's retired and the bills are still calling 9-7 seasons "good", they can be at or near the top of their division like Houston is.

That is a good point. There's no question that the strength of the team is defense. I can't wait for Brady to retire lol.

ebevan91

LOL this is just getting silly now. 52-20 with nearly the entire 4th to go.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, FSU is out. Now we head to New Orleans. As much as I bleed scarlet and gray, I just don't think they'll win this one. We had a pretty weak schedule and couldn't even beat a Virginia Tech team that barely continued its streak of winning seasons.

ebevan91

Pulling for Alabama tonight but Oregon 2 Mondays from now.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Oregon has great uniforms I'll give them that. I think NFL teams should be able to do what Oregon does for uniforms. It's not just how you do on the field, but also how you look - literally.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Oregon has great uniforms I'll give them that. I think NFL teams should be able to do what Oregon does for uniforms. It's not just how you do on the field, but also how you look - literally.

See, that's why I'd like to see more "alternate uniforms" be implemented like they do in the NHL/MLB. Have the teams wear them on opening day and thanksgiving week/end as to not make them "too common", and make'm unique. Just once I would love to see the Jacksonville Jaguars wear a uniform that made them look like an Aztec Jaguar Warrior.

Also, I'd much rather see Peyton (and Eli, god he's awful) retire than Brady. For Peyton, he's done everything he can to make his career "good" as even if he wins another superbowl people will consider him better than Brady in the regular season but crappy overall in the playoffs. With Brady, he has a legitimate chance of acquiring at least one if not two superbowl rings, putting him at four or five to end his career. FOUR OR FIVE! Four would have him tied with 6 other people (three of them kickers) for most superbowl victories as a player and five would have him tied with Charles Haley (a defensive end) for most all time.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, OSU's win was a pleasant surprise last night. I still have doubts about them, seeing how Oregon pasted FSU. At least we get a non-Southern champion.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
See, that's why I'd like to see more "alternate uniforms" be implemented like they do in the NHL/MLB. Have the teams wear them on opening day and thanksgiving week/end as to not make them "too common", and make'm unique. Just once I would love to see the Jacksonville Jaguars wear a uniform that made them look like an Aztec Jaguar Warrior.

Also, I'd much rather see Peyton (and Eli, god he's awful) retire than Brady. For Peyton, he's done everything he can to make his career "good" as even if he wins another superbowl people will consider him better than Brady in the regular season but crappy overall in the playoffs. With Brady, he has a legitimate chance of acquiring at least one if not two superbowl rings, putting him at four or five to end his career. FOUR OR FIVE! Four would have him tied with 6 other people (three of them kickers) for most superbowl victories as a player and five would have him tied with Charles Haley (a defensive end) for most all time.

Brady makes receivers. Receivers make Manning. End of discussion.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Funny enough Eli Manning had a career year this year.

Naw, Odell Beckam Jr (or as I've affectionately nicknamed him, ODB) had a career year. That one tutty-catch he had in which he basically did the matrix 5 feet off the ground summed up the giants this year, Eli was way too inconsistent and his receiving core outperformed their peripherals. Unless they upgrade on that 29th overall-ranked defense (that surrendered 375 yards per game) and get another decent WR to back up ODB and Victor Cruz (Cruz is still a giant, right?) then I would not be surprised to see them dip and potentially go 3-13 or 4-12 next year. Mind you, if the Redskins and Eagles do what I think they're gonna do in the offseason I would not be surprised to see at least 3 teams go 4-12 with the Cowboys going an undeserved 14-2 under the guidance of one ridiculously good haircut!

Also, I was gonna post a video of ODB singing, but I know if I did that the mods would probably poop themselves. So instead, in spirit of Jameis Winston getting *****-slapped by a candy-*** QB, here's a dog being covered in candy:

[video=youtube;crUa3_TOtTs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crUa3_TOtTs[/video]