• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Mye

Someone has to win..
I personally hope he doesn't. Josh Mcdaniels has proven to be a better coordinator than a coach (much like guys like Jim Schwartz/Rex Ryan), and the scene in denver right now is pure chaos with Peyton being crappy/probably retiring and their offense as a whole not being as dominating as it used to be (mind you, as I've said before a hybrid offense doesn't suit Denver at all). Unless they go after one of the college football coaches, I'm thinking they may go after the OC in Philly or Indy as both their offenses were much like the one that had great success early into this season. The idea that they'd let Josh McDaniels (or Jack Del Rio) coach their team, it'd just be a bad fit.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Dysfunction in Denver, or Why Your Offense Shouldn't Revolve Around One Player.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I like to think of it as the fabled curse of Elway. Only one quarterback has ever had tons of success in Denver, and I am doubtful there'll be another QB who will.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So what you're saying is, when Tom Brady retires the Patriots are boned for the rest of time. Thanks, I really needed that thought right now.

Mye

Someone has to win..
So what you're saying is, when Tom Brady retires the Patriots are boned for the rest of time. Thanks, I really needed that thought right now.

Naw, just that Elway cursed the Broncos as now nothing their QB's do can amount to the sheer success he had. The fact he's the GM there is even more concerning, as now new QB's will have to call him (the greatest bronco of all time) boss.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
What about us?! Three Super Bowl rings in four years?! Two more trips since, one of which was a play away from being a perfect 19-0 season?! If Elway cursed the Broncos, Brady's definitely cursing the Patriots! We're boned for the rest of time once he's gone!

I've heard at least one pundit say Manning's done and that he'll never win another Super Bowl. This is exactly the **** they were saying after that Kansas City game. You were kissing Peyton Manning's *** that whole week, why would I even believe you when you try to kiss Tom Brady's, which you're only doing now that Manning has established himself as just another Joe Flacco!

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It's funny how the Patriots are the team left who's gone the longest without a Super Bowl win.

Mye

Someone has to win..
It's funny how the Patriots are the team left who's gone the longest without a Super Bowl win.

Also kinda funny that out of all the games last week, Brady had 1 less superbowl wins than all the starting QB's combined.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I blame the Law of Averages for that first Giants loss.

ebevan91

Who ya'll got tonight Oregon or Ohio State?

I'm going with Oregon.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I blame the Law of Averages for that first Giants loss.

I blame Eli Manning's hairdresser. Every season, there's always one guy with a ridiculously good haircut who always has a sheet-ton of luck. This season, it was Romo. Back during the pats' 16-0 season, it was Eli.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
To save face they're trying to still call the Lion fans whiners and then say it's the Cowboys own fault for not winning... except then the choke is in full effect if that's the case and the very players they defended last week will be targets

^ I agree, most definitely.

By the way everyone Ohio State beat Oregon tonight. Ohio State winning helps the Big 10, but as a Michigan fan it will suck listening to my Buckeye friends brag about Ohio winning a national title...Congrats to the Buckeyes..

I'm honestly glad college football is over with now because 2014 was a terrible year for Michigan. Just to think, that Michigan team was actually hanging around with that Ohio State team in Columbus. If only Michigan had a offense...Hopefully Michigan can have a winning season in 2015.

This is Michigans coaching staff so far.

Head Coach: Jim Harbaugh
OC/O-Line Coach: Tim Drevno
DC/Linebackers Coach: DJ Durkin
D-Line Coach: Greg Mattison

So far Michigan has a all-star coaching staff. Hopefully they can get Tyrone Wheatley Sr as the running backs coach. If these guys can't help Michigan win games I don't know what to say...Go Blue!

I can't wait to see who else Michigan hires on the staff.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
I bleed maize and blue. I can never root for Ohio State (I smh at Cardale Jones's "playing school" and OSU's laughable 10-15 minute academic presentation to recruits) and their fan base. They are a fantastic football, well-coached, and represent B10 well, but I definitely didn't like the win. It amazes me for how much slack Hoke got, his teams always played hard in the Game.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I don't expect Harbaugh to just snap his fingers and make Michigan a top B10 threat again, it'll take about a year or two, three tops. But it should definitely start in the right direction in 2015, so I would accept a .500 record, though under is reasonable, while above would be amazing.

Navin

MALDREAD
I don't expect Harbaugh to just snap his fingers and make Michigan a top B10 threat again, it'll take about a year or two, three tops. But it should definitely start in the right direction in 2015, so I would accept a .500 record, though under is reasonable, while above would be amazing.

A lot of it comes down to QB uncertainty. I think most people expect 8-4, with Utah, MSU, and OSU being games we're not favored to win. Experienced players are returning and they are talented players that need strong coaching.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, a bunch of weird things happened in the NFL today. Jack Del Rio is now the coach of the raiders, for some reason. He inherits a team with a ton of old players signed to big contracts, and with him off the Broncos I'll be surprised if they make the playoffs next season (even if peyton returns). Also, from what I expected the Jets hired a defensive-oriented coach and went with Todd Bowles. With their defense being decent already and their offense being putrid, we could very easily see next years' jets be only the second team in NFL history to allow the fewest yards on defense and gain the fewest yards on offense.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
It all depends on how the new GM manages the draft and free agency. They saved about $40 million in cap space, so if you retain Percy Harvin, maybe draft Mariota or Winston if the Buccaneers and Titans don't gobble 'em up, it can only be an improvement.

By the way, who was the first team?

Mye

Someone has to win..
It all depends on how the new GM manages the draft and free agency. They saved about $40 million in cap space, so if you retain Percy Harvin, maybe draft Mariota or Winston if the Buccaneers and Titans don't gobble 'em up, it can only be an improvement.

By the way, who was the first team?

I'm pretty sure it was the Bills, can't remember the exact year but I know it was either 95 or 96.