• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Navin

MALDREAD
What a f-in chokejob by GB. 3rd and 19, fake into TD, botched onside kick. Smh.

And....wow Pats destroyed Indy. Luck didn't have a good game (to be fair he had to force some throws when they were down big), but Indy's defense just collapsed today.

It's almost like last year. Pats offense vs Seattle defense. If Brady can win his 4th against that defense, then I say he's GOAT after the year he's had.

Mye

Someone has to win..
What a f-in chokejob by GB. 3rd and 19, fake into TD, botched onside kick. Smh.

And....wow Pats destroyed Indy. Luck didn't have a good game (to be fair he had to force some throws when they were down big), but Indy's defense just collapsed today.

It's almost like last year. Pats offense vs Seattle defense. If Brady can win his 4th against that defense, then I say he's GOAT after the year he's had.

Wheras if Wilson wins, he could easily be in the running for greatest QB in the league. Few QB's in the league right now have beaten both peyton and brady. If wilson does so IN BACK TO BACK SUPERBOWLS, that accomplishment alone would be one of the greatest things in nfl history. That being said, if it ended up being the same outcome as last year's superbowl with the seahawks' defense keeping brady in check, the defense could theoretically usurp that achievement and make many people think Wilson's just a lucky QB who happened to land on a team with the greatest defense of all time.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I do like how everyone tends to credit Wilson for the offense when it's really Lynch who does 90% of it until dumb bullshit luck happens.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I do like how everyone tends to credit Wilson for the offense when it's really Lynch who does 90% of it until dumb bullshit luck happens.

Kinda. Their offense is pretty weird in that they have a ton of depth but barring Lynch all their players are relatively "average". Their defense is sorta the polar opposite, as everyone "fears" Richard Sherman when in actuality, he poses roughly the same threat as a guy like Revis does (when he's healthy). Also, I found a weird statistic that supports your theory sorta: over the past two seasons, the seahawks are 1-5 when Lynch records under 20 carries and are 5-6 when he fails to go above 100 yards rushing. Wilson threw 4 INT's in the game vs green bay (a team who in the regular season, had a better pass defense but worse rushing/overall defense). If the Pats can contain Lynch (which statistically, they could do "better" ), we could see a close game come out of this.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
So, with the "Frasier Crane Bowl" a reality, what I think could happen is that any cable channels with rights to rerun Cheers and/or Frasier should have marathons of the shows on Super Bowl Sunday, with the Cheers marathon(s) featuring Frasier-centric episodes.

Kelsey Grammar would make for a nice spectator at this particular Super Bowl. It just so happens that both teams are on opposite ends of Interstate Highway 90 (which runs near my home) as well.

So, with the Super Bowl participants set, here are the most attractive possible match-ups for the kickoff game next year:

For Seattle: Arizona, Detroit, Carolina, or Pittsburgh. If it is Pittsburgh, it would be poetic justice if Seattle beat them in the opener, given how Super Bull [sic] 40 turned out. Also be fitting that Al Michaels do the play-by-play for both games.

For New England: Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia. All three teams had winning records in 2014, but only Pittsburgh made the playoffs, however they made a rather quick exit. Philadelphia would also be a rematch of a past Super Bowl (the one before 40).

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon

When I see a team who, in back-to-back playoff runs, has ousted Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers... yep, I think "luck".

Keep going on about Satan or how much they stink or whatever, though. It's hilarious. Wilson is EASILY a top 7 QB in the league with only Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Roethlisberger, and MAYBE Luck ahead of him.

Personally, I'm going to LOVE the run up to this Superbowl. Are there two more hated teams by crybaby fans around the league than Seattle and New England?

"Wah! Seattle is loud-mouth thugs!" "Booo! The Patriots video-taped people!"

The hand-wringing and belly-aching over this matchup is going to be delicious.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
I don't hate the Seahawks, but I want to see Tom Brady get another ring! I actually can't wait for this game. Best of luck to both teams.

bobjr

Staff member
When I see a team who, in back-to-back playoff runs, has ousted Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, and Aaron Rodgers... yep, I think "luck".

Keep going on about Satan or how much they stink or whatever, though. It's hilarious. Wilson is EASILY a top 7 QB in the league with only Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Manning, Roethlisberger, and MAYBE Luck ahead of him.

Personally, I'm going to LOVE the run up to this Superbowl. Are there two more hated teams by crybaby fans around the league than Seattle and New England?

"Wah! Seattle is loud-mouth thugs!" "Booo! The Patriots video-taped people!"

The hand-wringing and belly-aching over this matchup is going to be delicious.

Yeah, that's 90% on their defense and home field advantage, which they got by finishing on an easy schedule like playing a injury depleted Cardinals twice. That and Rogers was literally fighting to stand the entire game. Look at how many times the defense does well but the team is behind, while Wilson somehow makes a miracle throw after having a qb rating of 20. He's more middle of the pack qb than anything. Lynch is the real offensive star, Wilson is more like Flacco, a good player who has a great everything else and gets all their credit.

Last edited:

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
So apparently there's an investigation into last night's game going on. They're trying to figure out whether the Patriots - get this - deflated balls. Geez, desperate much?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
The Dallas Cowboys.

I want Seattle to win mostly because the Patriots have won enough times. But after this, I'm not rooting for Seattle anymore.

John Madden

resident policy guy

weird, because if you asked me which two NFL teams had the most crybaby bandwagon fans I'd name those two

Mye

Someone has to win..
weird, because if you asked me which two NFL teams had the most crybaby bandwagon fans I'd name those two

Yeah, I'd put denver up there too simply because Peyton has a weird fanbase that overreacts to everything he does (I've actually read a few reports saying that he could've re-damaged his neck and THAT alone explained denver's crappy performance in the second half of the season). No matter who wins the superbowl, there'll always be a sheet-ton of critics whining about how the other team played unfairly/"cheated". Hell, even already people are suggesting that the patriots deflated balls vs indy and Seattle only won because the packers self-destructed to the point that even a manziel-led jacksonville jaguars team could win. If they do add a slogan for the superbowl though, I would love to see what they go with. My personal preference? "SuperBowl XLIX: Whether you limp in or have deflated balls, scoring is all that counts". (replace superbowl with giant naked mud-wrasslin' contest should it be cancelled by angry packers/cowboys/broncos bandwagonhoppers)

bobjr

Staff member
Well Seattle did win because the Packers self destructed. It's not like it's a bad thing, but Green Bay's special teams and defense just feel apart after doing so well the first 3 quarters.

Mye

Someone has to win..
I giggled a bit and had to reread it to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, but apparently trestman is the new ravens OC and Marrone (the guy who took buffalo to a 9-7 season and was widely considered the 2nd best coach of the year behind bruce arians) is now the OC in jacksonville. After seeing what happened last year with these two former coaches, I'd be pleasantly surprised if Flacco doesn't explode for his worst statistical season next year and Blake Bortles (or hopefully Chad Henne, as I've really wanted to see him be a starter again) improves/puts on a decent show of it.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
It's a witch hunt. It's always been a witch hunt against the Patriots ever since Spygate. People are always looking for ways to discredit Brady as the all-time greatest, always looking to pad Peyton Manning's resume somehow, because that's what the league wants. What a joke. What a mother****ing joke.

Navin

MALDREAD
Well, I root more for Tom Brady, than the actual Patriots. Considering some of the underthrown passes he made in that game (that his receivers had to go back and get), I doubt those deflated balls helped all too much. Honestly, the investigation is still premature. But what a PR mess - if it holds true, people are always going to keep ranting about Spygate and Deflategate and how Brady/Belichick weren't successful without cheating (when it's really because Patriots are just a better team). The Patriots wouldn't have needed deflated balls to crush the Colts anyway.

Anyway, I still want Patriots to win. In fact, I'll be more impressive if they can stay focused amidst the investigation, and pull out a clean (since all eyes will be on the Patriots) SB win.