• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Flame Haze SnS

Yin-Yang
That pass interception looks like pass interference. Why didn't Seahawks head coach throw the red flag for it?

ger9119

The real question is why didnt they run the ball, they had a timeout left if they didnt get in. Worse play call in superbowl history.

Mye

Someone has to win..
The real question is why didnt they run the ball, they had a timeout left if they didnt get in. Worse play call in superbowl history.

Worst play call, yes. Worst call overall though, I can name one that was way worse (namely the guy who thought of asking Katy "the Refrigerator" Perry to do the halftime show).

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, here we are at that point again. My national TV projections for the coming season.

Pittsburgh at New England - since this is the most attractive home matchup for New England, this should be the kickoff game

Buffalo VS. New England - the defending champs VS. a team on the rise

All AFC North rivalries - was a very strong division in 2014

Houston VS. Indianapolis - Texans could challenge Colts for division title

All AFC West rivalries not involving Oakland - also a mostly-strong division

Dallas VS. Philadelphia - best of the NFC East

Detroit VS. Green Bay - both teams made playoffs

Arizona VS. Seattle, San Francisco VS. Seattle - no reason why these can't be in primetime again

NY Giants at Buffalo - 25th anniversary of SB25

Arizona at Pittsburgh - Super Bowl XLIII rematch

Baltimore at San Francisco - Super Bowl XLVII rematch

Pittsburgh at Seattle - First trip for Pittsburgh to Seattle since SB 40

Green Bay at Denver - battle of two playoff teams

New England at Denver - possible Manning VS. Brady

New England at Indianapolis, Denver at Indianapolis, Carolina at Seattle, Dallas at Green Bay - playoff rematches

Thanksgiving weekend national TV games I want:

Thanksgiving:
Minnesota at Detroit (Fox)
New England at Dallas (CBS)
Cleveland at St. Louis (NBC)

Sunday Night: Seattle at Green Bay

Monday Night: Jacksonville at Tampa Bay

what are your national TV projections?

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I could be wrong, but I don't think Minnesota at Detroit on Thanksgiving is possible, since they played Chicago this year. It has to be an AFC team, meaning either Denver or Oakland. Of the two, I'm betting on Denver, since Peyton on Thanksgiving is marketable and because the NFL hates Detroit.

You're also missing Detroit vs. KC for the London game.

Anyway, I was working for most of the game, which is a shame because it sounds like it was an awesome game. :( Personally, I was hoping for Seattle to win, but eh. I'm not torn up over it. Just glad this season's over.

WillDaSnail

Soon™?
The last Seahawks play with less than a minute to go that got intercepted by Butler...holy crap. So clutch. New England was literally on the last ropes and on the verge of losing at the last possible moment. This is the miracle that I thought was not going to happen no matter what, but it happened and showed its wonders. The Seahawks could've just went beast mode with Lynch on 2nd down, score a TD, and win the Super Bowl. Instead they played the passing game and lost. Hard.

I'm absolutely happy that the Patriots won the Super Bowl. But the Seahawks deciding to go with a passing play instead of a rushing play (beast mode) will not only be talked about for quite some time, but will likely be one of the worst decisions ever made in a Super Bowl game. They didn't finish the job, but the Patriots did.

Last edited:

ebevan91

The person who called that play needs to be flogged IMO.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Edge of my seat the entire game.. Until my face went all Sherman...

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
Worst play call, yes. Worst call overall though, I can name one that was way worse (namely the guy who thought of asking Katy "the Refrigerator" Perry to do the halftime show).

Really? The consensus at my house was that it was BY FAR the most entertaining halftime show in years and years.

The wound of this game was too fresh, and I really hate being "The Seahawks Guy" at my job (I live in Pittsburgh). EVERYONE is dropping by my desk to ask my thoughts on the game, and it's not like I can say "WHAT THE HECK DO YOU THINK MY THOUGHTS ARE?"

It's a damn shame that we had that Green Bay game AND that catch by Kearse just to lose. Feh. I died a little inside on that INT. then the REST of me died when Michael Bennett jumped offsides.

I obviously turned off the game at the end, but I saw that Brady was the MVP. I am a Brady fan, but that's ridiculous. Edelman was MVP or NO ONE was. Dude was insane. Seattle always happily gives up the catches he made all night, but the guy was a greased monkey; he was carzy hard to catch or tackle. He was the man.

And yeah... the playcall was what it was. I man... it's indefensible. But whatever. Without Carroll and Bevell and Wilson, we don't even sniff consecutive Superbowl appearances, so... what am I going to do? Get mad at their ONE screw up?

I WILL say... if there was a third play that killed me? The 3rd-and-18 we gave up on what would turn out to be New England's first scoring drive in the fourth quarter. How the hell does that even happen against Seattle's defense? They were holding the Patriots to a "Death By A Thousand Tiny Cuts" offense ALL NIGHT... and then give up a big pass play at the worst possible time. IIRC, that was to Edleman, too.

Man, screw Edelman! I hate that guy now. :)

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Really? The consensus at my house was that it was BY FAR the most entertaining halftime show in years and years.

Well first of all I'm not very fond of her to begin with, but she's terrible live. I do have to give her credit for ending on a high note though.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, I was hoping initially for Tempe-based Gin Blossoms to do the halftime show. It is my opinion that the halftime show should be done by a local act, in fact all musical performers should be locally based. That's why I thought Bon Jovi was a lock for last year (I considered it an upset when Bruno Mars was chosen).

So, next year the game is in the Bay Area. I would say that Journey do the halftime show next year, one problem though. Steve Perry is not the lead singer anymore, and Journey without Steve Perry is not Journey (even the Glee cast, which covered Don't Stop Believin', knows this). So, next year, the halftime show, should be another legendary act from the Bay Area, Metallica. Only once has a metal band done the halftime show (early metal band Aerosmith in SB35, and they were not alone then). Metallica's Master of Puppets album happens to turn 30 next year. I'm a big fan of the band, and they would be the perfect choice for next year's Super Bowl halftime show, especially to tie-in with the Master of Puppets anniversary.

In keeping with the theme of locally-based performers, the national anthem next year should be sung by Steve Perry, and Huey Lewis should sing America the Beautiful.

I could be wrong, but I don't think Minnesota at Detroit on Thanksgiving is possible, since they played Chicago this year. It has to be an AFC team, meaning either Denver or Oakland. Of the two, I'm betting on Denver, since Peyton on Thanksgiving is marketable and because the NFL hates Detroit.

Detroit normally hosts an AFC team in even-numbered years, but due to the new TV contract, AFC road games can occasionally air on Fox, and NFC road games on CBS. That's why CBS had Chicago at Detroit last year.

So, Minnesota can play at Detroit on Thanksgiving. And they should, given that their last appearance on the holiday was in 2000. Likewise, the Browns and Rams are overdue for Thanksgiving appearances. Of course, St. Louis does have a Thanksgiving tradition of its own: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirkwood–Webster_Groves_Turkey_Day_Game

However, that game is played in the afternoon, while the Browns-Rams game would be played at night, thus avoiding conflict. As well, the Missouri State High School Activities Association would probably have to hold its football championship games a week later.

If St. Louis can't work, then the Browns could play at San Diego on Thanksgiving. The Chargers themselves have not played on Thanksgiving since 1969, before the AFL-NFL merger.

Last edited:
Well the Seahawks really messed up, it's a shame there had to be a fight break out near the end.

Wait, what? A fight broke out? I didn't stay up past second quarter. When did that happen? I want a video of that.

At least the Patriots didn't go for Deflategate 2.0 for the Super Bowl.
The Seahawks should have ran the ball more and made some better plays in the second half from what I heard about it at school. They would have had a shot at winning if they ran more.

Navin

MALDREAD
What a game of twists and turns. I thought New England might run away it early considering Wilson didn't make a single completion until well into the second quarter, while Brady was moving the chains. Seattle suffered from some in-game injuries while Brady threw 2 bad picks. Seattle somehow tying the game before halftime, and then in next half began imposing their dominance in defense as Wilson made arcing completions. I thought game might be over once NE was down ten. But then NE came back with Brady leading them down the field twice, especially that long conversion. THEN Kearse makes that insane catch that might have been as spectacular as the Tyree one - Brady having a nightmare on the sidelines. THEN the ridiculous goal-line stand pick. And a mini-brawl to top it all off.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Yeah, no sid. After Bruno Mars' performance last year (which was "simple" yet truly fun to watch) she kinda crapped the bed with it. Having Missy Elliot along with Special-K really made it weird, and her donning a Bam Bam Bigelow/Will Ferrel's Blades of Glory costume made it even weirder. On the upside, I did find out four new ways to use a beach ball (one being covering up slightly larger, beach ball-sized tatas).

XYMewtwo

Rising Star
malcolm-butler-pick.nocrop.w529.h316.2x.gif

What. Were. They. Thinking.

fight2.nocrop.w529.h316.2x.gif

Again, what were they thinking.

I mean all this wasn't necessary. The Pats already won the game, fighting others could have maybe opened up a bit of opportunity for the Seahawks, no matter how small. In the end, they got called for the penalty, and the Pats took the victory. What great Super Bowl.

Last edited: