• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Young_Simba

Not a Patriots fan but thank god they won. Seahawks fans would go on and on saying they're the best team of all time since they beat Peyton and Brady in the Super Bowl back to back years, but thankfully now they cannot do so.
Seahawks should've won the game at the end, but I think the conspiracies are true. Pete Carrol and the Seahawks organization wanted Russel Wilson to be the hero, not Marshawn Lynch. Lynch would definitely have won the game for them but I'm sure Roger Godell wouldn't like that to happen.... Still a great Super Bowl regardless, the Seahawks brought that lose on to themselves.
I don't think Brady should have won MVP though.

ebevan91

Bevell is a terrible OC. Not even his team likes him.

And to think teams were looking at him for a head coaching position....

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well the team has had issues with him the past 2 years. If it wasn't for Lynch being a powerhouse and Wilson being the luckiest quarterback alive he would have been gone. On the bright side Hawk fans it means Wilson will be cheaper to resign.

Navin

MALDREAD
Belichick outsmarted Carroll there, I think. He didn't call a TO with clock running down, while Carroll probably expected him to save Brady time. That might led to some confusion in the play that proved costly. Anyway, without that playcalling at end of second Q to tie the game, Seattle wouldn't have been in a position to win. Carroll deserves some flak, but not as much as he's getting now.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Tom Brady is one of the greatest of all time. Period!

Not too sure about that yet.. I mean, for being such a great qb, I didn't see him throw any resounding magnificent passes throughout the entire SB, and in terms of options, he's actually quite limited. I don't want to overplay Wilson, but the kids got more options as a mixed QB/RB and he's got a good time left.

The only redeeming quality Brady's got is his Bundch'n..

Belichick outsmarted Carroll there, I think. He didn't call a TO with clock running down, while Carroll probably expected him to save Brady time. That might led to some confusion in the play that proved costly. Anyway, without that playcalling at end of second Q to tie the game, Seattle wouldn't have been in a position to win. Carroll deserves some flak, but not as much as he's getting now.

While that's true.. Almost winning gives you nothing and that final offensive call cost them the SB.. It's as simple as that. I didn't see that many bad plays in this SB at all. That INT at the end of the Pat's first drive was caused because Brady couldn't see jack, so I wouldn't really put that against the play calling. The short pass into the endzone with only inches left when you're on 1st and goal, and you're not attempting to use Lynch? The hell was that? If that didn't succeed the first time, you'd still have time to try that short pass. Because I'm Dutch and I don't get ESPN, or NBC, or whichever broadcaster had the rights, I got stuck with Dutch commentary (which on a whole isn't that great, but alas). They made an interesting analogy, which I'm not sure was heard as where: When you live by a rule, you're likely going to die by a rule. Perhaps that's what Carroll was enticipating? "If we got Lynch now, they'll expect it, and we'll lose, so no?".. Bit him in the end though.

When you play the game of FB, you either win, or you die.

Tactical Squirtle

Not too sure about that yet.. I mean, for being such a great qb, I didn't see him throw any resounding magnificent passes throughout the entire SB, and in terms of options, he's actually quite limited. I don't want to overplay Wilson, but the kids got more options as a mixed QB/RB and he's got a good time left.

The only redeeming quality Brady's got is his Bundch'n..

While that's true.. Almost winning gives you nothing and that final offensive call cost them the SB.. It's as simple as that. I didn't see that many bad plays in this SB at all. That INT at the end of the Pat's first drive was caused because Brady couldn't see jack, so I wouldn't really put that against the play calling. The short pass into the endzone with only inches left when you're on 1st and goal, and you're not attempting to use Lynch? The hell was that? If that didn't succeed the first time, you'd still have time to try that short pass. Because I'm Dutch and I don't get ESPN, or NBC, or whichever broadcaster had the rights, I got stuck with Dutch commentary (which on a whole isn't that great, but alas). They made an interesting analogy, which I'm not sure was heard as where: When you live by a rule, you're likely going to die by a rule. Perhaps that's what Carroll was enticipating? "If we got Lynch now, they'll expect it, and we'll lose, so no?".. Bit him in the end though.

When you play the game of FB, you either win, or you die.

I'm sorry but Wilson's throwing capabilities have been pretty suspect that last few games. His game against greenbay was horrible, he didn't deserve to play in the SB. Typically duel threat QB don't do well long term, you can be athletic (Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning at one time, Andrew Luck) but depending on the run over being a great pocket passer gets you nowhere.

TheBluePorygon

i miss the old kanye
That was a great game all the way to the end. New England exploded because of Malcolm Butler. But of course not before Kearse's absolutely ridiculous catch that brought back nightmares of David Tyree.

Marmist

Dark Type Trainer
Being a Rams fan (Yes, we do exist), I did not want the Seahawks to win whatsoever. But I hate New England just as much, so this Superbowl was not all that important for me. I cannot deny that it was a fantastic game though. I was lucky enough to watch it long enough to see that game stealing interception.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Been away for a bit (was honestly sick of Deflategate ruining the Super Bowl buzz). On the surface, winning the Super Bowl on a miscall leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But the flip side of that coin is, if that play is a touchdown, then we're praising Pete Carroll for doing something unexpected. At least that's my two cents on the matter.

In other news, the Bills signed Richie Incognito. Rex... Rex, Rex, Rex... I swear, every team he touches turns into an embarrassment.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Like Rex Ryan with the Bills wasn't going to be a disaster. He would be a good DC, but as a head coach he's awful.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
I know, right?! He's learned nothing! LITERALLY NOTHING! And he doesn't WANT to learn! In fact, I believe that, if it had been public knowledge at the end of the regular season that John Fox was out if the Broncos didn't make the Super Bowl, he would have done everything in his power to land that job (which thankfully is nothing at all), and if by some cosmic joke he got it, the Broncos would be in for a winless season, Peyton Manning or no Peyton Manning! As a Patriots fan, I'm embarrassed for the Bills, I really am.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
Well, Incognito did play for the Bills several years ago. Still, I think the Bills should trade up to draft a good QB.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Well, apparently, Cleveland has their first-round pick, so... yeah, how high do you wanna go? I say focus on finding someone who fits or is close to fitting your scheme.

Oh, who am I kidding? Rex would draft Jameis Winston if he could!

Mye

Someone has to win..
Apparently Riley Cooper was featured in February (black history month) for the Eagles' calendar. Whoops...

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
Apparently the Browns are unveiling a new logo next week. Since it's not actually going on the helmets, my money's on a potshot at the Bengals.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Apparently the Browns are unveiling a new logo next week. Since it's not actually going on the helmets, my money's on a potshot at the Bengals.

Mine's on just a giant picture of Lebron's face, as that's literally the only good thing Cleveland (or for that matter, all of Ohio) is known for.

Nightlingbolt

AKA Nightlingbolt
What about Drew Carey?

Speaking of the Browns, with Manziel in rehab, does it more or less force them to somehow retain Hoyer? I think he's a free agent this year, so they might have to burn their franchise tag on him, unless there's someone else worth franchising,

Last edited:

Mye

Someone has to win..
What about Drew Carey?

Speaking of the Browns, with Manziel in rehab, does it more or less force them to somehow retain Hoyer? I think he's a free agent this year, so they might have to burn their franchise tag on him, unless there's someone else worth franchising,

Not entirely, but it does bring up an interesting scenario. If Hoyer goes to free agency, I'm highly doubtful he'll actually get "starting time" unless the whole cutler to tennessee thing comes to fruition. In essence, Cleveland is the only place that'll benefit him as much as they'll benefit off him being there. Should he not be resigned though, I wouldn't be surprised if Cleveland picks up a QB in the draft as insurance, as their defense is good enough and barring an extra WR their offense is also pretty decent. That, and the idea that they'd go sign a non-rookie QB to back up Manziel (a guy who looked pretty crappy when he did play and was already out-performed by "Mr. Meh" Hoyer) makes little sense, given that Manziel will need to focus entirely on the game and not whether the other guy is gonna be taking over starting duties.

Also, Drew Carey, ugh. He's the Steven Baldwin of things with "carey" in their names (Mariah, the movie "Carrie", what Brady is doing for the Patriots).

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Mine's on just a giant picture of Lebron's face, as that's literally the only good thing Cleveland (or for that matter, all of Ohio) is known for.

Not the Ohio State Buckeyes, the current college football National Champions, a team who overcame all odds to be the best out there. But that's nothing.
Not Kyrie Irving, one of the best point guards in the NBA right now, 2012 Rookie of the Year, and 2014 All-Star MVP. But that's nothing.
Not Jim Brown. Considered to be one of the best, if not the best, fullbacks of all time with 4 NFL MVP awards under his belt. But that's nothing.

I'm actually a big Lebron fan and (if you couldn't tell) an Ohio native and (duh) a Browns fan. How about we keep the thread to non-ignorant posts only because you never know who is from where and what people take pride in. As for me, I take pride in being an Ohioan.