• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, I'm not sure the Ravens are going to do super well this season at this point, there's not a lot of talent on offense. We really should've had that game against Denver, Manning looked awful yesterday and somehow we were worse. This looks more like a 9-7 season at best.

celestial phantom

I'm trying to figure out who had the biggest choke in potential winning conditions/overall the other day to be honestly.

- Peyton because of a bad performance from probably everyone involved with that offense
- The Seahawks b/c lots of questionable play from them in that Rams game
- The Lions because how do you give up a 21-3 lead to lose 33-28
- Eli and whoever called for that pass play, despite the fact taking the sack and going for the FG would have run a good 40 seconds off the clock, and forced Romo to make deeper passes with under a minute to go.
- My week 1 fantasy opponent who has all his players play and he only scored 50 points from a starting group of Peyton, CJ Anderson, Mark Ingram, Odell, Desean Jackson, Andre Ellington, Texans D, Adam Vinitieri, and Martellus Bennett. I don't know if I've ever seen that in fantasy from a full group of actual starters with almost no injuries prior to a game really. All of them scored 10 or less points, that's pretty damn ridiculous for me to see.

Anyway, I think the Falcons and Vikings win tonight. Though if San Fran wins, and goes on a winning streak after what would be considered a really bad offseason full of woes, it'd be a miracle.

Navin

MALDREAD
Yay, we won comfortably, and that's nice. But I'm a bit worried for Michigan if Rudock can't make those throws. However, running game and defense looked good.

I look like a walking raspberry...I'm sunburned so bad after today's day game against Auburn. Still, revenge is sweet. Don't let the score fool you. 2nd team defense in for LSU mid 3rd quarter and Leonard Fournette not playing at all in 4th quarter and we still won by 3 touchdowns and a field goal. I haven't felt this optimistic about an LSU team in a long time. That, and Leonard Fournette looks like the Heisman fruntrunner.

Takeaways from today: Upset about GA Tech failing at prime time again. Picked them to beat Notre Dame, but unfortunately the Irish won again. Also surprised Northwestern survived Duke. Definitely seemed like a trap game to me, which is why I picked the Blue Devils. Also it's going to be a very hard sell for OSU to be the #1 team if Alabama wins against Ole Miss. Winning by a touchdown against NIU isn't exactly an impressive feat.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The American may just have what it takes to surpass the MW as the top mid-major conference this year. Four teams from that conference - Temple, Memphis, Houston and Navy - all remain undefeated after three weeks. Temple is in a separate division from the other three, and plays only one of them, Memphis, this year. In contrast, the last unbeaten MW team, Air Force, lost today.

Pac-12 regional rivalry action began tonight as well with Stanford facing USC. While the polls show USC as the higher-ranked team, I think UCLA right now is the top college football team in California. They just need to figure out how to beat Stanford is all. In the past couple years they have had no trouble beating USC or Cal, Stanford has been the problem.

EDIT: Stanford snaps a 2-game losing streak against USC. The Trojans will plummet in the polls some, but just how much?

Last edited:
The American may just have what it takes to surpass the MW as the top mid-major conference this year. Four teams from that conference - Temple, Memphis, Houston and Navy - all remain undefeated after three weeks. Temple is in a separate division from the other three, and plays only one of them, Memphis, this year. In contrast, the last unbeaten MW team, Air Force, lost today.

Pac-12 regional rivalry action began tonight as well with Stanford facing USC. While the polls show USC as the higher-ranked team, I think UCLA right now is the top college football team in California. They just need to figure out how to beat Stanford is all. In the past couple years they have had no trouble beating USC or Cal, Stanford has been the problem.

EDIT: Stanford snaps a 2-game losing streak against USC. The Trojans will plummet in the polls some, but just how much?

USC will likely be in the mid-early teens. If I had to guess, 13-14.

My results from week 3:

17-3 (Top 25 picks), 9-1 (SEC picks)
57-8 (Top 25 overall wks 1-3) , 25-6 (SEC overall)

Picks I got wrong: USC, Northwestern, GA Tech

My top 10 teams based off how they've played:
Ole Miss, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, UCLA, OSU, TCU, Notre Dame, Mich. St., Baylor.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
USC is barely top 20 in both polls. Alabama fell 10 spots in both polls. BYU is still the only non-power team ranked in either poll though they are no longer ranked in the Coaches' Poll. BYU could still get into a New Year's Six Bowl but would need to do really good, and cannot take the place of the highest-ranked Group of Five champion because they are not in a conference.

The Sun Belt earlier this month may have kicked off the next round of realignment moves among FBS conferences by adding Coastal Carolina, a school I had anticipated would join the CAA. The next move by a power conference could very well be by the ACC. UConn and Cincinnati could be coming to the ACC soon, but this would mainly be a basketball move due to their good basketball teams (in UConn's case, both men's and women's are good, the women's team having won the past few national titles, including two over ACC member Notre Dame), although it would allow the football teams to be aligned into North and South divisions for the first time ever.

The American would likely replace those two with Marshall and UAB. The latter school is restarting football in 2 years, and provides something of a large market in Birmingham, while Marshall brings a successful football team into the conference.

Conference USA's replacement schools could be Louisiana-Monroe due to its proximity to Louisiana Tech, and Texas State due to its proximity to UTSA, which would bring the # of Texas schools to 5.

The Sun Belt could add FCS teams James Madison, Liberty, and Sam Houston State and non-football school UNC-Asheville as full members, and UMass as football-only, allowing the East Division in football to consist of 7 Eastern time teams (UMass replacing UNCA for football) and the West consisting of the non-Eastern time teams (Idaho and NMSU replacing UALR and UT-Arlington for football).

celestial phantom

So, that Nebraska vs Miami game. Loosely watched it, taking note of the scores. Was surprised to see that large comeback. When it went to overtime, I'm like....holy heck we might actually win this. Armstrong forces and underthrows his target leading to an interception. Typical Nebraska tactics are at work here.

Little surprised that USC fell out of the top 15, I figured they'd drop out of the top 10, but did not expect dropping out of the top 15.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If there's two things we learned from today's Titans-Browns game, they are:

1. Marcus Mariota, no matter what level he is playing at, always has trouble with teams from Ohio

2. Johnny Football is on the rise

Jameis Winston also got his first win today.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
First things first. Alabama lost! I'm also not surprised Auburn lost. LSU isn't messing around this season and Leonard Fournette is a human highlight reel! He reminds me so much of Adrian Peterson.

Michigan beat UNLV! Sure UNLV isn't a powerhouse, but a wins a win! Michigan looks solid on defense and the running game is starting to find it's identity. After the half yesterday the running game was a bit pedestrian, but Ty Isaac had the Big House rocking on that long run! I think Ty is the home run threat Michigan needs at running back. Jake Rudock isn't on the same page with his receivers. Especially when it comes down to those deep throws. I still have faith in Rudock. He'll get it together. Once Wilton Speight gets more experience watch out for him. He's a tall pro style quarterback with a rocket arm. He has tons of potential. So does Zach Gentry.

Also, the Lions lost today. I'm not surprised.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The Jaguars and Raiders won close games today. Blake Bortles and Derek Carr are starting to come into their own as quarterbacks.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Well Carr wasn't bad last year, but he didn't have a line or anyone to throw to.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
15 out of 32 teams now have starting QBs drafted from 2010 or later. Meanwhile, Tom Brady at age 38 goes HAM.

Well it's not that odd. Most NFL careers are less than 5 years, and you truly have to be lucky and talented to last long. Plus quarterbacks are at a premium now.

Sid87

I love shiny pokemon
I am in a Survivor Pool with 21 teams in it. Every single team lost this weekend.

The worst had to be the ONE GUY who picked Indianapolis and sat there on Sunday watching the other 20 all lose... only for the Colts to cost him a $400 payout on MNF.

Going to go bold again this week for the Top 25 and pick some upsets.
Picking Utah to beat Oregon at Oregon. Utah shows some promise and Oregon's defense is completely non-existent.
Picking Kentucky to beat Missouri at Kentucky. Missouri is perhaps the most perplexing team that is still in the top 25 other than Auburn (only in one poll).

Those are my two upset picks out of the top 25. All other top 25 teams except Arizona will win.

Week 3 Results (Top 25): 17-3
Overall: 57-8

SEC Week 4 predictions:
LSU blows out Syracuse
Georgia slaughters Southern
South Carolina gets a close win against a creampuff.
Tennessee beats Florida by 14.
Bama scores 50 on ULM.
A&M beats Arkansas, warming Bielema's already-hot seat.
Ole Miss puts 60+ on a floundering Vandy team.
Miss St. beats Auburn by a TD and two field goals.
Missouri gets beat by Kentucky.

Last week (SEC): 9-1 (thanks Arkansas)
Overall: 25-6

My SEC picks for Week 4.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Michigan shut out BYU 31-0! I definitely didn't see that coming! The defense isn't messing around this season and that was the best game Rudock has had so far. He was more decisive today. He played good! Michigan should really be 4-0 right now if it wasn't for the Rudock interceptions against Utah. Hopefully Rudock keeps playing good football like he did today.

Michigan State pulled away from Central Michigan 30-10. At one point it was 17-10 MSU. Central Michigan is getting better. Coach Bono is a great hire for them.

Oh, and BYU hasn't been shut out in a game since 2003. I just figured I would throw that out there.

Last edited:

Navin

MALDREAD
Michigan was favored in this game due to injuries for BYU as well as being drained from that grueling non-conference schedule. But I don't think anybody expected a 31-0 annihilation (the line was only -6 or something). Hopefully Smith's foot injury is mild, and he'll play next week. What a power RB. If Harbaugh didn't go for conservative playcalling in second half and Smith was still in the game, score could have been even worse. We're all happy right now in Ann Arbor after that win.