• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NFL/NCAAF Thread

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Wow. Seattle is getting beat badly. 31 unanswered points so far in the first half. Seattle is known for second half comebacks, but I don't think even they can come back from such a massive *** kicking like this.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
If the Browns can draft Cardale Jones, I might get back a little faith in them. He did pretty well at OSU and is from the Cleveland area. He's probably better than Brian Hoyer.

Manziel might have been more apt to "grow up" if he had Peyton Manning as a teammate, so he could look up to him as something of a father figure. The reason why Peyton didn't join the Browns is, I can't stress this enough, he is too chicken to be in Big Ben's division - today is only his second game against him since leaving the Colts. If Peyton had joined the Browns he would have breathed new life into the Browns-Steelers rivalry, the Steelers could have considered the Browns a major rival for the first time in years, and it would have been a major rivalry for the whole league for the first time in years.

So yeah, I'll probably be following Manziel's new team if any and depending on the team, and unless the Browns draft Cardale, my faith in the Browns is shattered.

Navin

MALDREAD
Wow. Seattle is getting beat badly. 31 unanswered points so far in the first half. Seattle is known for second half comebacks, but I don't think even they can come back from such a massive *** kicking like this.

And Carolina nearly squandered it away too. I mean, to be fair, Carolina was playing risk-free on offense and prevent defense in the second half, but still, you can't give up 24 points like that.

Now just need Denver to win to complete the home team sweep this weekend.

celestial phantom

Man, the Panthers just laid it right into the Seahawks. They pulled back in the 2nd half, but damn did they get out to an amazing start. I was hoping that the games would be KC vs Denver and Cardinals vs Carolina, but 3 out of 4 teams isn't bad. I figured it would be Pitts going on though, but injuries to D'Angelo and Antonio meant they suffered this game for it. Denver really did not show up to win today, they got lucky late game. Peyton vs Brady one more time though sounds fair, and Palmer (an old gun) vs Newton (young gun) vying for their first attempt at the Super Bowl. I want it to be the Cardinals against the Broncos for the Super Bowl now with the Cardinals winning. Arizona has shown they are one of the most complete teams on both sides of the ball, and that effort should show with two more wins, and because it might be Palmer's and Fitz only shot to get this far and a SB win in what's left of their careers.

Navin

MALDREAD
Man, the Panthers just laid it right into the Seahawks. They pulled back in the 2nd half, but damn did they get out to an amazing start. I was hoping that the games would be KC vs Denver and Cardinals vs Carolina, but 3 out of 4 teams isn't bad. I figured it would be Pitts going on though, but injuries to D'Angelo and Antonio meant they suffered this game for it. Denver really did not show up to win today, they got lucky late game. Peyton vs Brady one more time though sounds fair, and Palmer (an old gun) vs Newton (young gun) vying for their first attempt at the Super Bowl. I want it to be the Cardinals against the Broncos for the Super Bowl now with the Cardinals winning. Arizona has shown they are one of the most complete teams on both sides of the ball, and that effort should show with two more wins, and because it might be Palmer's and Fitz only shot to get this far and a SB win in what's left of their careers.

At this point, I think it's a lock that Patriots are in the Super Bowl unless Denver noticeably improves or NE messes up. Cardinals v Panthers will be very interesting.

sanae

stop trying to be god ☆
was really hoping seattle would pull that one out, but oh well.
kinda hoping for a broncos/cardinals super bowl at this point.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Seahawks tried their best. The 2nd half attack felt good.

The NFC championship game is gonna be intense.

First time since 2005, #1 and #2 battle each other.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
If the Browns can draft Cardale Jones, I might get back a little faith in them. He did pretty well at OSU and is from the Cleveland area. He's probably better than Brian Hoyer.

Manziel might have been more apt to "grow up" if he had Peyton Manning as a teammate, so he could look up to him as something of a father figure. The reason why Peyton didn't join the Browns is, I can't stress this enough, he is too chicken to be in Big Ben's division - today is only his second game against him since leaving the Colts. If Peyton had joined the Browns he would have breathed new life into the Browns-Steelers rivalry, the Steelers could have considered the Browns a major rival for the first time in years, and it would have been a major rivalry for the whole league for the first time in years.

So yeah, I'll probably be following Manziel's new team if any and depending on the team, and unless the Browns draft Cardale, my faith in the Browns is shattered.

It continues...

Cardale might have some talent, but he is not worthy of draft-to-starter status. Not at all.

Navin

MALDREAD
Wow...wow, why did they go for it on the first 4th down attempt?!?? Take the easy FG, trust your defense to hold the Broncos (they have to do that regardless), and then go for the TD freely rather than also relying on one single 2-pt conversion. 3+6 points would have given a single point victory. Brady and co didn't play great, but the win condition was out there.

The Denver defense played phenomenally, but if it's Carolina in the finals, it very well might be another Seattle-Denver replay at the SB...

celestial phantom

Super bowl 50. Broncos vs Panthers

Defense vs Offense AND Defense.

Fixed that for you. Broncos played one hell of a game, and I'm glad they won it. The Pats made various errors, I figure the only reason they went for it was to not be down just in case Denver got a TD or something. Regardless of age, it's still Peyton Manning, so you can't be for sure what kind of drives he might be holding in to the end, and if they didn't score, who knows what might have happened. But, in the end the FG would have been the better shot. A few missed calls, but honestly not that many. I still question that one on the backwards pass, though it was bordering the line of it at least from the view shown on the TV, looked like it actually went a bit forward, but I guess angling didn't make it that clear from the side view.

Carolina showed up to play though, and maybe it's because of how tough a match the Packers gave them, but understandable how Arizona lost seeing as Carolina didn't break that much of a sweat last week due to their early huge lead. I was expecting more from this game, but it was pretty disappointing.

Anyway the Denver Defense is gonna need a lot of rest, especially if it's game manager Peyton showing up because the Carolina defense is good enough that there are gonna be a lot of 3 and outs I bet, especially with the Denver running game not being that helpful this season. Carolina has both sides of the ball covered, so I'm expecting them to win the SB.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I'm interested in the half time trailer-reel..

And the game if I can find a channel that will broadcast it in the Netherlands.

Young_Simba

Does anyone have any thoughts on Cam Newton and how he brought up his race?
I personally believe he's right, certain people will in a way "hate" on him because of how he's been celebrating and the fact that nobody has anything to compare him to. He's the first African American quarterback to cause this much hype.
I'd be happy with either outcome this Sunday, but I'm rooting for Peyton to get his fairy tale ending.

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Does anyone have any thoughts on Cam Newton and how he brought up his race?
I personally believe he's right, certain people will in a way "hate" on him because of how he's been celebrating and the fact that nobody has anything to compare him to. He's the first African American quarterback to cause this much hype.
I'd be happy with either outcome this Sunday, but I'm rooting for Peyton to get his fairy tale ending.

I had heard that quote was fake. Either way, I do believe most of the hate directed at Cam is coming from a racist place. No one will admit it, though.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Tom Brady acts like Cam except he throws worse fits and he just gets called a tough competitor.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
The NFL is looking to expand its International Series to Mexico City, with this year's game being between the Raiders and Texans.

What'd I'd like to see as far as television rights to the London games goes is selling them to a separate broadcaster from other day games on Sunday. Now that they have the 9:30 AM ET start, it's important to protect CBS and Fox's pregame shows every week. They can do that by selling the London games as a separate broadcast package. The NFL would likely seek another over-the-air TV partner for these games, one that already doesn't have NFL rights at present. ABC is the best option for broadcasting the London games. One London game would be set aside every year for exclusive streaming on Yahoo in most markets, but would air on ABC affiliates in the markets of the participating teams. All London game broadcasts would be produced by ESPN due to integration of ABC's sports operations into the cable network's operations. Then in the next contract, ABC can enter the Super Bowl rotation (being fourth in the rotation after CBS, Fox and NBC), gain exclusive rights to the wild card game it currently simulcasts with ESPN (and possibly another wild card game depending on playoff expansion), and exclusive rights to one of the Saturday Divisional Playoff games, the one that currently rotates between CBS and Fox.

Additionally, ESPN would air any International Series games in North America (games played in an NA country other than the US) as part of its MNF package. This would not include any possible Seahawks games in Vancouver - like the Bills games in Toronto those would be a separate deal from the regular International Series games (and I think the Seahawks should do this, they are a popular team and should take advantage of the fanbase they have in far west Canada).