• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NHL Thread, anyone?

Admiral Falcon

Pre-2004 Sharks Fan
Since I can't find any NHL threads, I've taken the initiative to create one.
...Anyway, I'll start the discussion. Go Sharks! #1 team in the league right now (because it's not the playoffs) and looking to pick up another win tonight against the Stars!

Double-oh-Platypus

Hmm, could be interesting ^^

None of my teams are doing particularly well at the moment... well, Van just had a major win against Colorado and the Pens did win their last game, but the Habs aren't doing too well. *Sniff*

DragonDance

thrasher
Last one died pretty quickly, but meh.

My Wings are hot now, and that's pretty awesome. Just wait until we get Fillpula and Franzen back ;)

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー

My Wings are hot now, and that's pretty awesome. Just wait until we get Fillpula and Franzen back ;)

Well, according to this http://stats.cbc.ca/nhl/standings_conference.asp the wings are 7-2-1 in their last 10, so i guess you can safely say that they are on tear atm. Dont expect much to change though =\ I can see them finishing maybe 2nd or so, their salary cap is almost maxed though, and that their age is getting higher and higher.

Teams to look out for :
Devils, being 8-2-0 right now they riding on cloud nine pratically, and with Brodeur getting more solid between the pipes the team will make the playoffs =3
Avalanche, ok, this was kinda hard to believe, but they are doing well so far, although they're 5-4-1 in their last 10, if they manage to stay consistant then they will make it into the playoffs
Pens: What do you get when you have Crosby, Malkin and Gonchar and company, A SOLID team, they are on fire and quickly rose in the rankings, like i said with the others consistancy is going to be key

Teams that need to improve:
Leafs, OBVIOUSLY, no offense Toronto fans, but this team is barely making it in the eastern conference, although they aren't in last at this time of the post, they have to do something about their defense and goal tending, putting Toskala in net on game 1 against Montreal was a momentum killer, and that killed the confidence level of the team, the offense is okay shot total wise, but they need to capitalize on their chances. Im really questioning the coach Ron Wilson too, they shoulda kept the following people : Sundin, Raycroft, and Pat Quinn.

Hurricanes : Or should i say tropical depression? No offense, defense not goaltending, although it is early in the season you and I both know Cam Ward can do more, and same with Stall. Just keep Trying is all i can say

Senators : Ok, im a sens fan, but i see there is need for something, consistency on offense, Speeza and Kovalev need to start putting pucks into the net, Spezza, though, has done okay as a playmaker, but the pick-up of Kovalev (Ex-Mtl player) has done squat so far, only a few assists and goals. Goaltending with Pascal Leclaire is amazing on hard shots, but soft shots he needs to work on. HC Cory Clousten is trying though, gotta give them a bit of credit

Players to watch:
Alex Ovechkin (WSH) the rocket on skates, puts any shot almost in the back of the net, and is to be better this year then last, which is definately saying a lot

Crosby (PIT): Predictable i know T_T, but sid the kid is to be watched carefully

Heatley (SJ) : Former 50 goal scorer thrashers and senator Heatley, is by far living up this his potential. I see 55 goals outta this guy

Concerns : Head shots, very dangerous, and too may guys are getting injured.. Solution? KEEP YOUR DANG HEAD UP >:\, players are getting dumber and dumber each year, and they tend to have a shorter fuse then before...

And thats what i have to say tonite, at almost midnight xD

Double-oh-Platypus

Hot wings? Sorry, couldn't resist ^^

Teams that need to improve:
Leafs, OBVIOUSLY, no offense Toronto fans, but this team is barely making it in the eastern conference, although they aren't in last at this time of the post, they have to do something about their defense and goal tending, putting Toskala in net on game 1 against Montreal was a momentum killer, and that killed the confidence level of the team, the offense is okay shot total wise, but they need to capitalize on their chances. Im really questioning the coach Ron Wilson too, they shoulda kept the following people : Sundin, Raycroft, and Pat Quinn.

I feel bad for Toronto :p I mean, they had a horrible start to their season. I'm not much of a Leaf's fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up their game a bit.

Another team to watch out for in my opinion: New Jersey. They've won 14 out of their last nineteen games, which is pretty good in my opinion. They have Marty Brodeur who is one heck of a goaltender plus a pretty solid team that's getting them through a lot of their games. Their current status is 14-5-0.

And yeah, that's about it for me ;)

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I feel bad for Toronto :p I mean, they had a horrible start to their season. I'm not much of a Leaf's fan, but I wouldn't mind seeing them pick up their game a bit.

Another team to watch out for in my opinion: New Jersey. They've won 14 out of their last nineteen games, which is pretty good in my opinion. They have Marty Brodeur who is one heck of a goaltender plus a pretty solid team that's getting them through a lot of their games. Their current status is 14-5-0.

Toronto needs to do something at least, they are starting to become a waste of TV time almost. Some fans are turning to other teams like Pitsburg, Detroit, Chicago, and even Buffalo. They constantly lose and get scored on first =\ SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

Lol thats one team i said to keep an eye out for xD. although he needs to stay healthy and good in the Olympics to keep that momentum

Double-oh-Platypus

Toronto needs to do something at least, they are starting to become a waste of TV time almost. Some fans are turning to other teams like Pitsburg, Detroit, Chicago, and even Buffalo. They constantly lose and get scored on first =\ SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE

Lol thats one team i said to keep an eye out for xD. although he needs to stay healthy and good in the Olympics to keep that momentum

Agreed. They do have their good moments though. They have really strong moments and then just get hit by the other team until it's some terrible score that you can't even look at anymore.

Oh, geeze, sorry -_-" Sometimes I don't register team names with locations so I just kind of read it as 'Devils' and went, "Yeah, okay, Devils... New Jersey's doing great, ain't it?" Haha. Sorry. :p Totally flew right over my head.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Well there are 8 games on tonight
In the brackets are what place they are in, and what confrence they are in. W = West and E = East

Carolina (E15th) Vs Toronto (E14th)
Boston (E11th) Vs Atlanta (E9th)
Pittsburgh (E4th) Vs. Ottawa (E10th)
Phoenix (W8th) Vs St.Louis (W13th)
New Jersey (E2nd) Vs. Nashville (W11th)
Columbus (W6th) VS. Dallas (W7th)
Chicago (W3rd) Vs. Calgary (W5th)
Tampa Bay (E8th) Vs. Anaheim (W15th)

The games to watch for is
Ott Vs. Pit, since Gonchar is now healthy and is going to be on the tear tonight. It would be interesting to see if the sens can keep the momentum from their win against Toronto. I think its going to be close game.

Car Vs. Tor. The battle of the basement xD, although TOR is safe in 2nd last with 3 points over Car. But its going to see who has more determination in this one. I think this may go Toronto's way surprisenly, if they can put pucks to net like they have.

Chicago Vs. Calgary. Oh boy this one is going to Physical, two great quality teams with solid goaltending, offense and defense. Prepare for a possible scrap maybe. This one can go either way, its going to be a close on too possibly.

Its still early in the season and teams will keep jumping up and down for a while so. But i will but the standings up in the next few days.
Its time to watch some NHL tonight, have fun to those who are going to watch it

Double-oh-Platypus

Chicago Vs. Calgary. Oh boy this one is going to Physical, two great quality teams with solid goaltending, offense and defense. Prepare for a possible scrap maybe. This one can go either way, its going to be a close on too possibly.

I agree. Calgary's probably the strongest team up in Canada. They seem to be able to pull together a lot better and hold their ground better than some of the other teams (*cough*Vancouver (who I love)*cough*). I'll be anxiously awaiting to hear who comes out on top of that one.

Last edited:

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
The Leafs were embarrassing tonight. My God, Rickard Wallin is the biggest let down in the world. He should be kept in the press box as the only reason why he's on the team is because of the Monster.

Leafs should just give the C to Ian White. He's consistently been their best player, and he showed it tonight... He demolished Cole and gave the Leafs the go ahead goal late in the third (before Cole tied with 1.9 seconds left)...

Double-oh-Platypus

The Leafs were embarrassing tonight. My God, Rickard Wallin is the biggest let down in the world. He should be kept in the press box as the only reason why he's on the team is because of the Monster.

Leafs should just give the C to Ian White. He's consistently been their best player, and he showed it tonight... He demolished Cole and gave the Leafs the go ahead goal late in the third (before Cole tied with 1.9 seconds left)...

It looks like the Leafs played a half-decent game though ^^

On topic of the 'Leafs', why are they called the 'Leafs'? I mean, grammatically, it should be 'Leaves'. Is 'leafs' even a word? -_-"

LET'S GO, BUFFALO!!! That's all I have to say.^^ Although, their game agaisnt Florida yesterday was just horrible. >.>

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
It looks like the Leafs played a half-decent game though ^^

On topic of the 'Leafs', why are they called the 'Leafs'? I mean, grammatically, it should be 'Leaves'. Is 'leafs' even a word? -_-"
Yeah, the Leafs usually outplay the other team, but they just can't seem to puck in the net when it matters. But when they do, they usually have crap goaltending (ala tonight). It really is sad to be a member of Leafs Nation right now... :(

As for your question, I don't really know. The name was thought of a loooong time ago and besides, Toronto Maple Leafs rolls of the tongue better than Toronto Maple Leaves ;)

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hello folks, here are the scores of the games played last night
The winning teams are in bold

Atlanta Vs Boston (4-3 in a shootout)
Toronto Vs Carlolina (6-5 in a shootout)
Pittsburgh Vs Ottawa (6-2)
Phoenix Vs St.Louis (3-2 OT)
New Jersey Vs Nashville (3-2 in a shootout)
Colombus Vs Dallas (4-1)
Chicago Vs Calgary (7-1)
Tampa Bay Vs. Anahiem (4-3 OT)

Reactions?

Games i was shocked:
The Toronto game indeed has shocked me quite a bit. A 3-0 lead at the ned of the first and they blew it. And blew it hard. Carolina comes back and ties the game 5-5 with not ever 2 seconds left in the 3rd period. The monster from Toronto was exposed as the rookie in the shootout, unbelievable -_- ive seen rookie goalies with less potential do better then that

The Ottawa Pittsburgh game also surprised me, although the Pens scored first Ottawa snaps in the third by scoring 4 goals..... 4 people! We are talking about Ottawa the defensive team, great game for Phillips, Fisher and well everyone. To be honest, I thought that with the return of Gonchar would help the pens out, sure he will, but this wasnt that night. Great win for the sens, thats a good way to maintain momentum

Calgary Vs. Chicago. By far the score blew me away. When I fell asleep from an action packed first. I awoke to them saying it was a 7-1 win. But i was right about one thing at least, it was physical for a bit.

Here are the standings as of November 20th. 2009

Eastern Confrence

1- Washington 30 Pts
2- New Jersey 29 Pts
3- Buffalo Sabres 25 Pts
4- Pittsburgh - 28 Pts
5- Philadelphia - 25 Pts
6- Ottawa - 23 Pts
7- Tampa bay - 23 Pts
8- NYR - 23 Pts
-----------------------
9- NYI - 23 Pts
10- Atlanta 22 Pts
11- Boston 22 Pts
12- Montreal 20 Pts
13- Florida 18 Pts
14 Carolina 13 Pts
15- Toronto 12 Pts

Western Conference

1- San Jose 32 Pts
2- Colorado 29 Pts
3- Chicago 28 Pts
4- LA 28 Pts
5- Calgary 26 Pts
6- Columbus 26 Pts
7- Phoenix 25 Pts
8- Dallas 24 Pts
-----------------
9- Detroit 23 Pts
10- Nashville 23 Pts
11- Vancouver 22 Pts
12- Edmonton 21 Pts
13- St.Louis 18 Pts
14- Anaheim 17 Pts
15- Minnesota 16 Pts

Games Tonight

Montreal vs Washington
Florida Vs. Detroit
Boston Vs Buffalo
NYI Vs. Minnesota
Philadelphia Vs. San Jose
Colorado Vs. Vancouver

The Games that i think will be interesting to watch will be in bold and Italics

And in news,

Peter Foresburg will NOT be returning to the NHL this season, although it has been mentioned that he may think about it next year

NHL all-star Brendan Shannonhan retires earlier this week after playing in the NHL for 20 years

New Pads? Possible talk and action of enforcing new softer shoulder pads for hockey players in the 2010 season.

More Updates on the world of Hockey coming soon.
Diablo out.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Don't depress with those standings lol

I'm pulling for the Panthers this season, I hope they can sneak into the playoffs.

Now for some predictions on who's gonna win:

Montreal vs Washington
Florida Vs. Detroit
Boston Vs Buffalo
NYI Vs. Minnesota
Colorado Vs. Vancouver

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Don't depress with those standings lol

I'm pulling for the Panthers this season, I hope they can sneak into the playoffs.

Now for some predictions on who's gonna win:

Montreal vs Washington
Florida Vs. Detroit
Boston Vs Buffalo
NYI Vs. Minnesota
Colorado Vs. Vancouver

i can see the panthers potentially stepping their foot into the playoffs, they are a good team when they are red hot. They are only 5 points off from the line so they should make it.

Hmm interesting picks.

I would put in mine but im too lazy.

But i do agree with yours, i can see the logic and reason behind it. As long as Alex O is healthy there is no stopping them often, The florida one vs. Detroit one is going to be hard. It will be close for sure. Buffalo for sure could take out Boston, but dont count them out just yet, they sometimes come in with a surprise now and then. The Phillie and San Jose one is going to be hard, you got a red hot team with Heatly and Thorton then you got a physical team with solid defense, if Emery could keep his head on straight then it will be close. The Colorado Vancouver one will be an interesting one to watch for sure. Hopefully Luongo can pull through

Double-oh-Platypus

Hello folks, here are the scores of the games played last night
The winning teams are in bold

Atlanta Vs Boston (4-3 in a shootout)
Toronto Vs Carlolina (6-5 in a shootout)
Pittsburgh Vs Ottawa (6-2)
Phoenix Vs St.Louis (3-2 OT)
New Jersey Vs Nashville (3-2 in a shootout)
Colombus Vs Dallas (4-1)
Chicago Vs Calgary (7-1)
Tampa Bay Vs. Anahiem (4-3 OT)

Reactions?

Games i was shocked:
The Toronto game indeed has shocked me quite a bit. A 3-0 lead at the ned of the first and they blew it. And blew it hard. Carolina comes back and ties the game 5-5 with not ever 2 seconds left in the 3rd period. The monster from Toronto was exposed as the rookie in the shootout, unbelievable -_- ive seen rookie goalies with less potential do better then that

The Ottawa Pittsburgh game also surprised me, although the Pens scored first Ottawa snaps in the third by scoring 4 goals..... 4 people! We are talking about Ottawa the defensive team, great game for Phillips, Fisher and well everyone. To be honest, I thought that with the return of Gonchar would help the pens out, sure he will, but this wasnt that night. Great win for the sens, thats a good way to maintain momentum

Calgary Vs. Chicago. By far the score blew me away. When I fell asleep from an action packed first. I awoke to them saying it was a 7-1 win. But i was right about one thing at least, it was physical for a bit.

Here are the standings as of November 20th. 2009

Eastern Confrence

1- Washington 30 Pts
2- New Jersey 29 Pts
3- Buffalo Sabres 25 Pts
4- Pittsburgh - 28 Pts
5- Philadelphia - 25 Pts
6- Ottawa - 23 Pts
7- Tampa bay - 23 Pts
8- NYR - 23 Pts
-----------------------
9- NYI - 23 Pts
10- Atlanta 22 Pts
11- Boston 22 Pts
12- Montreal 20 Pts
13- Florida 18 Pts
14 Carolina 13 Pts
15- Toronto 12 Pts

Western Conference

1- San Jose 32 Pts
2- Colorado 29 Pts
3- Chicago 28 Pts
4- LA 28 Pts
5- Calgary 26 Pts
6- Columbus 26 Pts
7- Phoenix 25 Pts
8- Dallas 24 Pts
-----------------
9- Detroit 23 Pts
10- Nashville 23 Pts
11- Vancouver 22 Pts
12- Edmonton 21 Pts
13- St.Louis 18 Pts
14- Anaheim 17 Pts
15- Minnesota 16 Pts

Games Tonight

Montreal vs Washington
Florida Vs. Detroit
Boston Vs Buffalo
NYI Vs. Minnesota
Colorado Vs. Vancouver

The Games that i think will be interesting to watch will be in bold and Italics

And in news,

Peter Foresburg will NOT be returning to the NHL this season, although it has been mentioned that he may think about it next year

NHL all-star Brendan Shannonhan retires earlier this week after playing in the NHL for 20 years

New Pads? Possible talk and action of enforcing new softer shoulder pads for hockey players in the 2010 season.

More Updates on the world of Hockey coming soon.
Diablo out.

Wow, okay... really shocked about Sens and Pens, and also quite shocked by the Calgary game. Weren't we all thinking it was going to be the Flames for a win? <_<

As for the games tonight I'm thinking it's gonna be...

Montreal :) vs. Washington
Florida vs. Detroit
Umm... Boston vs. Buffalo
NYI vs. Minnesota
Philadelphia vs. San Jose
Colarado vs. Vancouver

If the Canucks play their game as well as they did last... whenever against Colarado then hopefully we can just leave them behind ;)

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Ok folks sorry the delay, i slept in, hey can someone do this for me tomorow, since i may not be here cause of a birthday. If not i will wake up earlier to do this

Here are the results of last night's games, winners are in bold

Montreal- Washington (3-2)
Boston- Buffalo (2-1 OT)
Florida- Detroit (2-1 OT)
NYI- Minnesota (3-2)
Colorado- Vancouver (5-2)
Philadelphia - San Jose (6-3)

Reactions? Comments? Lets see what you had to hear

Koodos to Vancouver pulling from a 2 goal lost and to come around and scroe 5 stargiht, even when it is against Colorado, that is pretty good. Nice to see a canadian team win that match-up.

Montreal and Washington, a very solid game from both parts, great goal tending, defense and there was lots of opportunities, I was a little shocked that the habs won that game, but they had Ovie and others covered pretty well. You just tell the frustration at times from the Russian rocket. NIce job on the habs for the win....

Here are tonight's game

Calgary Vs LA
Washington Vs Toronto
Buffalo Vs Ottawa
Detroit Vs Monteal
Pittsburgh Vs Atlanta
Florida VS NYR
Tampa Bay Vs. Carolina
New Jersey Vs Dallas
Philadelphia Vs. Phoenix
NYI Vs. St.Louis
Columbus Vs. Nashville
Chicago Vs. Edmonton
San Jose Vs. Anahiem

Games to watch out for

Buffalo Vs. Ottawa
You have one team, Buffalo, that has great goaltending and not too bad of stats, then you have Ottawa, the average team this year, that has picked up on some momentum from winning two straight, its going to be a tough one tonight, its going to be a bruiser that's for sure.

Detroit Vs. Montreal

Two overall good teams that arent doing as expected this year, it will be interesting since according to some they are evenly matched, who's going to break out first, will Price and Osgoode keep that potential, they may in this match. Lets hope this game is a good one at least.

This is diablo signing out on updates for today, have a good one