• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NHL Thread, anyone?

Double-oh-Platypus

So following up last night's games, the Platypus has arrived for a few opinions and a quick notification at the end ^^

I'm quite happy the Habs won their game last night, though I wasn't expecting it. Nonetheless, if we can keep going like we did against other strong teams we may actually make playoffs this year. ^^"

Prediction of Boston was correct, though I didn't really pay much attention to that anyway. I don't really know much about those two teams.

Hmm, I was really expecting Detroit to win their game against Florida. I always feel sympathy towards teams that lose against teams that never see snow during their winter months. ._.

Wasn't expecting Minnesota to pull through on their game, but glad to hear that they won. It's always nice to see the underdogs win.

Great game for Vancouver (minus getting scored on in the first period). They pulled through like they did last game and managed to grab a win. Daniel Sedin should be back in their next game, according to, erm, people, but we'll see.

I was kind of figuring the Sharks would win their games. They're doing quite well ^^

As for my predictions for tonight:

Calgary Vs LA
Washington Vs Toronto
Buffalo Vs Ottawa
Detroit Vs Monteal
Pittsburgh Vs Atlanta
Florida VS NYR
Tampa Bay Vs. Carolina
New Jersey Vs Dallas
Philadelphia Vs. Phoenix
NYI Vs. St.Louis
Columbus Vs. Nashville
Chicago Vs. Edmonton
San Jose Vs. Anaheim

I'll be watching out for the outcome of the Detroit/Montreal game as well as the Washington/Toronto game. I wouldn't mind seeing how Toronto fares against the Capitals and the Russian Rocket ^^

So I'll hopefully be making a post tonight or tomorrow morning regarding the Coach's Corner from Hockey Night in Canada. It will hopefully be an... interesting little segment. ^^

The Platypus is out :)

EDIT: P.S. Diablo, I can do the stat thing tomorrow for you if you want. Of course, it will look a little sloppier and I'll probably forget something, but I'll try my hardest ;)

Last edited:

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Russian Rocket? I never knew Pavel Bure played for the Caps :p

Predictions:

Calgary Vs LA (Calgary's winning right now, I initially thought the Kings would tear it up)
Washington Vs Toronto
Buffalo Vs Ottawa
Detroit Vs Monteal
Pittsburgh Vs Atlanta
Florida VS NYR
Tampa Bay Vs. Carolina
New Jersey Vs Dallas
Philadelphia Vs. Phoenix
NYI Vs. St.Louis
Columbus Vs. Nashville
Chicago Vs. Edmonton
San Jose Vs. Anaheim

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Russian Rocket? I never knew Pavel Bure played for the Caps :p

Thats what we call Ovie over here xD

Anyways here ya go guys. Winners as always are in bold

Calgary Vs. LA (5-2)
Washington Vs Toronto (2-1 Shootout)
Buffalo Vs. Ottawa (5-3)
Detroit Vs. Montreal (3-2 Shootout)
Pittsburgh Vs Atlanta (3-2)
Florida Vs NYR (3-2)
Tampa Bay Vs. Carolina (3-1)
New Jersey Vs. Dallas (5-3)
Philadelphia Vs. Phoenix (3-1)
NYI VS. St.Louis (4-1)
Columbus Vs. Nashville (4-3 Shootout)
Chicago Vs. Edmonton (5-2)
San Jose Vs. Anahiem

Reactions?

Im quite shocked that Toronto beat Washington, WASHINGTON! A first place team falling to a second last team in a shootout. Good job winning though, it will give them a slight confidence boost for now. But dont expect it to last long

Chicago Vs. Edmonton, poor Nikohlai, Jonathon Toews was on fire, nothing could stop him. A very good win

Since its Saturday Night here is what the Don Cherry had to say
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/CBC's_Hockey_Night_in_Canada/Coach's_Corner/ID=1338650564
There is a 15 second commercial first

NIce promotion of Rock em sock em hockey 21 video, i met the Don Cherry since he lives in my town in the summer =p A lil harsh on Spezza though, but he right, and nice they mentioned Shannonhan

The Don is usually right on my stuff, i like his outfits xD

Here are the games tonight folks

Tampa Bay Vs Atlanta
Chicago Vs. Vancouver

This is diablo signing out for another day

*Gives the Don Cherry thumbs up

Double-oh-Platypus

Thanks for stealing everything to say, Diablo :p You're going to put the rest of us out of business, or things to say at least ^^"

Double-oh-Platypus’ Hockey Night in Canada Wrap-Up (or HNC Wrap for short)

Let’s get started right off the bats the teams.

I’m probably not the first person to be shocked by tonight’s outcome of the Toronto and Washington game. I was really expecting a big win from the Capitals, but seeing as it was a shoot-out win on the Leafs behalf, I guess my prediction of the night’s game was blown out of the water.

The Canadiens really made a good comeback in the third period. Scoring their first goal just eleven seconds into the third period took some skill. However, I am disappointed with their jerseys. Who came up with them? It was like watching Detroit play Toronto. -_-“ Anyway, they lost in the shoot-out, which disappointed me greatly, but it was a good effort all around.

Penguins grabbed another win, which I’m happy to see as I’m a Pens supporter.

I am shocked that the Devils didn’t win their game. I was expecting it from them.

In other news the rest of the outcomes are as follows:
Flames vs. Kings
Panthers vs. Rangers
Sabres vs. Senators
Lightning vs. Hurricanes
Islanders vs. Blues
Flyers vs. Coyotes
Blue Jackets vs. Predators
Blackhawks vs. Oilers
Sharks vs. Ducks

Surprisingly, a lot of my predictions were correct. As for tonight's guesses, here's mine:

Lightning vs. Thrashers
Blackhawks vs. Canucks

And for our final wrap-up:
This night must just be full of surprises. I was ready to type up some extensive report on how Don Cherry’s suit taste seemed to match the Canadiens’ tonight, but I suppose not. Sporting a normal, dark pin-striped suit jacket today, Don Cherry has finally found something in the back of his closet that he figured he could wear for his Coach’s Corner episode and not have everybody go blind.

And has anyone else noticed he can never say Kevin Bieksa’s name right?

That’s Double-oh-Platypus wrapping up the Hockey Night in Canada Wrap-up ;)

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Can't believe the Leafs won last night... In a shootout... With Toskala in net... Against Washington... (well, it was actually really AO and career AHLers with all the injuries they have on their team, but still)

It was all a heavenly act all in itself.

Double-oh-Platypus

Hey? Where's Diablo with his usual posts? Awe well. Guess I'll do it ^^

Here's the results from last night:

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks

Nothing really to say other than my predictions were spot on. Too bad my Canucks lost :( Awe well. I kind of figured we wouldn't pull through on Chicago. Until next time, folks!

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hey? Where's Diablo with his usual posts? Awe well. Guess I'll do it ^^

Here's the results from last night:

Tampa Bay Lightning vs. Atlanta Thrashers
Chicago Blackhawks vs. Vancouver Canucks

Nothing really to say other than my predictions were spot on. Too bad my Canucks lost :( Awe well. I kind of figured we wouldn't pull through on Chicago. Until next time, folks!

Lol i wanted to see if any one else would do it. But you forgot some stuff =p but im here dont worry xD

Here are tonight's games folks. Reactions? Predicitions? Feel free to say almost anything about the games tonight. My next post tomorow morning will include standings, and maybe a fun fact of two ;D

the games to watch out for are in Italics

Detroit Vs. Nashville
NYI Vs. Toronto
Columbus Vs. NYR
Washington Vs. Ottawa
Pittsburgh Vs. Florida
Boston Vs. St. Louis
Carolina Vs. Dallas
Philadelphia Vs. Colorado
Phoenix Vs. Edmonton
Calgary Vs. Anaheim

Detroit Vs. Nashville, two solid teams with. uh, not so strong stats, lets face it, Detroit still has that determination to still be number one, but the predators will be hosting the game, the message here "Good Luck" Nashville has pulled some unexpected wins, so its going to be special teams, and goal tending that will be key here.

Toronto Vs. NYI. Two teams, that could be doing better to say, with Toronto's win last game and NYI's lost, it is going to be interesting what will prevail, the eagerness of trying to fade away a loss, or overwhelming momentum from beatin Washington. Its going to be a Who wants it badly kinda game

Washginton Vs. Ottawa. Ok, you got a first place team that has lost to a basement team, not to mention the players are not on the same page at the moment, and you got a sixth place team that is riding on some momentum from their previous wins. So will it be the firing power of Washington, or the goaltending of Ottawa that will come tonight? Its either going to be really close, or a blow out

Boston Vs. St.Louis. Two quiet teams this season, trying to keep afloat, who wants it more? We will have to see tonight, lets hope that Chara (the big bear) and thomas are on their toes, St. Louis can pull a fast one on you if your not paying attention

Philadelphia Vs. Colorado, You got a team that was riding first place glory for a bit, and you got a physical team that is running on almost full potential. This game is going to go down to defense and physical play, to see who the bigger team is.

That's it for me, i will be here tomorow morning to post, if you dont see my post D-o-P, can you do this for me/ Thanks in adnvance ;D

Double-oh-Platypus

Dang. I knew I forgot something -_-" Good thing you're here after all, Diablo ^^

Predictions:

Detroit Vs. Nashville
NYI Vs. Toronto
Columbus Vs. NYR
Washington Vs. Ottawa*
Pittsburgh Vs. Florida
Boston Vs. St. Louis
Carolina Vs. Dallas
Philadelphia Vs. Colorado
Phoenix Vs. Edmonton
Calgary Vs. Anaheim

Went out on a limb there. I don't really know who would win that one... and even though a lot of the games have probably started (and some have probably finished) I haven't checked the scores or anything, so the predictions are clearly that: predictions. ^^

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Words can not describe how I felt after watching the Leafs dominate the Isles only to lose in OT...

Roloson played like Luongo on 'roids and speed... ToskaLOL let's in 3 goals in 3 effin shots... Leafs come back and tie it up in the third... We're outshooting them 58 to 21 going into friggin OT... White gives the god damned puck away... Gustavsson has absolutely no rebound control... Bailey gets the pass and buries it...

We outshot them 61-22...

Kessel had 11 ****ing shots.

God damned Leafs.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Words can not describe how I felt after watching the Leafs dominate the Isles only to lose in OT...

Roloson played like Luongo on 'roids and speed... ToskaLOL let's in 3 goals in 3 effin shots... Leafs come back and tie it up in the third... We're outshooting them 58 to 21 going into friggin OT... White gives the god damned puck away... Gustavsson has absolutely no rebound control... Bailey gets the pass and buries it...

We outshot them 61-22...

Kessel had 11 ****ing shots.

God damned Leafs.

I think its almost every single game that Toronto has played they went over 40 shots each time, the problem is the matter of execution, they got the shots part down, now its time to try and get it past the goalie, 3 goals was ok, but in this case it wasnt good enough. Yeah the monster didn't live up to his name, he was exposed as a rookie quite a few times now.

I was told this today, I'll let you folks decided whether its valid or not =p
L.E.A.F.S = Losers even after forty season

Anyways, here are the results =D. winners are in bold as usual.

Detroit Vs. NAshville (3-1)
NYI Vs. Toronto (4-3 OT)
Columbus Vs. NYR (7-4)
Pittsburgh Vs. Florida (3-2 OT)
Washington Vs. Ottawa (4-3 OT)
Boston Vs. St.Louis (4-2)
Carolina vs Dallas (2-0)
Phoneix Vs. Edmonton (4-0)
Philadelphia Vs. Colorado (5-4)
Calgary Vs. Anahiem (3-2 Shootout)

Its kinda funny, 3/5 games that i said would be interesting was decided by just one goal. My reactions. It was nice to see Nashville pull a win outta somewhere, now they should be riding on a lil momentum for a bit. I was a little shocked about Toronto's lost. Plenty of shots, but like i said earlier, 68 shots but, how many went into the net. Clearly the shooting is not the problem, but perhaps the ability to score, and there are some other problems as well, goaltending needs some tweaking, and defense, there are so many turnovers its starting to become predicatble

The Washington Ottawa game i favored, not because Ottawa is my favorite team, but the complete change in enthuiasm. Ottawa was down 3-1 and managed to tie it up in the third, good goals by both sides. Ottawa will be riding cloud nine for a while. But look out folks, whenever Washington gets healthy, they will run up the scoreboard and standings if they can maintain postive focus.

Here are tonight's game folks.

Columbus Vs. Montreal

Well, im going to say this. You got one team that just played last night, and won, versus a team that consistancy is usually the struggle. If the price is right and they keep a solid defensive mind, then Montreal may pull it off.

I said i would have something on here for fun
Leaders in Goals
1stT - Gaborik 18
1stT - Heatley 18
3rdT - Ovechkin 16
3rdT - Iginla 16
5th - Stamkos 15

Until next time, see ya

Double-oh-Platypus

I was told this today, I'll let you folks decided whether its valid or not =p
L.E.A.F.S = Losers even after forty season

Imma gonna have to say... yes -_-" They'll pull another win out of somewhere... I know it!

My predictions for the last set of games were thrown off by Nashville and Anaheim. Back to the drawing board I suppose. :p

As for tonight's games... er, game... I'm going out on a limb and going for Montreal. I mean, I love Montreal, but I'm not entirely sure how well they'll do tonight. -_-"

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Ah hello and good morning, or afternoon, or evening ;D. Although there was only one game it was filled with action. Here is the result and my reaction.
Winner is in bold as usual

Columbus Vs. Montreal (5-3)

Being down 3-2 and turning the game around was only half the battle to be proud of, it was also a physical game which was nice. HEre are the 3 stars of the game. since there was only one
Three Stars
1: Carey Price, Mon (33 Saves)
2: Marc-Andre Bergeron, Mon (2G)
3: Antoine Vermette, Cls (2G)

Kinda predicatble don't you think. Yeah it was a Montreal win and all, but Price? first star? maybe third star. And an ex-Ottawa player gets 3rd from his hard work, the 3 star's officals in Montreal seem to be a lil bias on their part. Which brings me back to the All-star game last year. Kovalev, in regulation didnt play that much, scored some goals and all, shootout scored the tieing goal. Alexender O, who scored more points, skated twice as hard and got the OT decider, gets second star, and if i remember it was price who let in 3 goals in one period got third star. AKA montreal was the 2 of the 3 stars? Come on -_- loads of people at my school agreed on that part. Also, enough with the showing off how long you were in the league, some people dont give a flying hoot if your in for 100 years, it was Montreal did this and that. The barely gave any recongintion to the other team member's team that were there. I certainly hope next all-star game is not in Montreal for a while. HOpe this defend any habs fans. But you can see where i am coming from in all of this

So here are tonights game's. Interesting ones will be in bold
Buffalo (12-6-2) Vs Washington (13-5-6)
Toronto (4-11-7) Vs Tampa Bay (9-5-7)
Ottawa (12-6-3) Vs New Jersey (14-6-1)
Philadelphia (12-8-1) Vs NY Islanders (9-8-7)

Montreal (12-11-1) Vs Pittsburgh (16-8-0)

NY Rangers (12-10-1) Vs Florida (10-9-3)
Atlanta (10-7-3) Vs Detroit (11-7-4)
Boston (11-8-4) Vs Minnesota (8-12-2)
St. Louis (8-9-4) Vs Dallas (11-6-6)
Nashville (13-8-1) Vs Colorado (14-7-3)
Los Angeles (13-9-2) Vs Edmonton (10-11-3)
Phoenix (13-10-1) Vs Calgary (13-6-3)

Carolina (5-13-5) Vs Anaheim (8-11-3)

Chicago (15-5-2) Vs San Jose (16-5-4)

until next time, see ya later ;D

Double-oh-Platypus

I'm sure there must be other teams that have made almost a hundred years too. Original Six, anyone?

Anyway, because I have to get to school for an early morning band practice I don't have time to type out long rants. Oh no. So instead, I'll be kindly informing you of my predictions and then making a prompt getaway ;)

*Buffalo (12-6-2) Vs Washington (13-5-6)
Toronto (4-11-7) Vs Tampa Bay (9-5-7)
*Ottawa (12-6-3) Vs New Jersey (14-6-1)
Philadelphia (12-8-1) Vs NY Islanders (9-8-7)
Montreal (12-11-1) Vs Pittsburgh (16-8-0)
NY Rangers (12-10-1) Vs Florida (10-9-3)
Atlanta (10-7-3) Vs Detroit (11-7-4)
Boston (11-8-4) Vs Minnesota (8-12-2)
St. Louis (8-9-4) Vs Dallas (11-6-6)
Nashville (13-8-1) Vs Colorado (14-7-3)
Los Angeles (13-9-2) Vs Edmonton (10-11-3)
Phoenix (13-10-1) Vs Calgary (13-6-3)
Carolina (5-13-5) Vs Anaheim (8-11-3)
Chicago (15-5-2) Vs San Jose (16-5-4)

Some of the teams were based on their wins and losses, but not all of them. Anything with a star beside it means I had a hard time picking. Cheers.

Double-oh-Platypus

That is indeed correct, but they got, maybe, 10 seconds out of the 3-5 hours that it was on. -_- I mean, come on >:V, (im not yelling at you xD, im yelling at the cbc network and the habs atm)

Well that's stupid (Sneaking in one last post :D). I kind of figured we couldn't be the only ones -_-"

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Hello and good morning, almost every single game close except for one. By close i mean by 1-2 goals. Which is always nice to watch ^^. Here is the scoreboard. Winner in bold, you know that rest by now xD

Phildelphia Vs NYI (2-1)
Buffalo Vs Washington (2-0)
Ottawa Vs New Jersey (3-1)
Toronto Vs Tampa Bay (4-3)
Montreal vs Pittsburgh (3-1)
NYR Vs Florida (2-1 Shootout)
Atlanta Vs. Detroit (2-0)
St.Louis Vs. Dallas (4-3 Shootout)
Boston Vs Minnesota (2-1 Shootout)
NAshville Vs Colorado (4-3 OT)
LA Vs Edmonton (3-1)
Phoenix Vs Calgary (2-1)
Carolina Vs Anaheim (3-2)
Chicago vs San Jose (7-2)

And now a little bit of news, George Laraques from MTL is still suspended after a knee on knee hit, Alexander O from WAS was ejected from the buffalo game and still got second star. And pascal LeClaire a puck to the next while he was on the bench =< Thats it for news.

Here are tonight`s games

Columbus Vs Ottawa
LA Vs. Vancouver

Hmmmm these ones will be interesting thats for sureé

So after showing scores and tonights game do we have any predicitions or reactions?

This is diablo signing out for now.

I didnt put much for comments cause im too tired today, but be ready for tomorow =3

Double-oh-Platypus

A lot of my predictions were wrong for the last one, but I don't have time to double-check what ones I got wrong. Here's my predictions for tonight before I head off to school:

Columbus Vs Ottawa
LA Vs. Vancouver

Apparently I don't put much faith in my teams -_-" Go Canucks :p

King Edwin

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
can't write much right now because i'm on my wii and its a pain in the butt to type with a wiimote but, the sharks were just god damn awful yesterday. I know the Hawks are playing ridiculously well right now, but the Sharks should have able to atleast stay close to the Hawks. just a very poor effort overall. i hope torrey, blake, and seto come back soon. It should inject some juice into the lineup.
We should be able to beat Edmonton fairly easily tommorow.
Go Sharks.