• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NHL Thread, anyone?

Double-oh-Platypus

You know I was just kidding, right?

Anywho, I got six predictions out of ten right... 60%. Not too bad I guess.

As for tonight, here I go:

Tampa Bay@ New Jersey 7:00 PM ET

Anaheim@ Minnesota 8:00 PM ET

Boston@ Montreal 8:00 PM ET

Nashville@ Chicago 8:30 PM ET

I've got no faith in the Canucks, but I will believe in Montreal... let's just hope that when they eventually lose they don't lose too badly ;|

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
I've got no faith in the Canucks, but I will believe in Montreal... let's just hope that when they eventually lose they don't lose too badly ;|

I am not surprised that you have no faith in Vancouver, considering that team's unformidable history.

Still, I think the Canucks will ride off of this current momentum and climb up the standings. They have a good chance of getting 100 points like last season and beating Philadelphia 3-0 is no small feat. (Though 38 saves by Luongo would beat pretty much any team.)

The other team I am rooting for is Phoenix, who for some reason I have always liked. They are doing a far better job this year than expected.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
You know I was just kidding, right?

Yeah =p I knew that. Well your predictions look alright, i had a gut feeling you would pick the habs, just pray that the Price is right tonight =3

The Canucks will bounce back a little bit, sure they aren't strong at the moment points wise, but they will stiff up a bit.

Double-oh-Platypus

I am not surprised that you have no faith in Vancouver, considering that team's unformidable history.

Well that was a little offensive.

Oh well, at least I know you don't mean it in a mean way... right? ^^"

Yeah =p I knew that. Well your predictions look alright, i had a gut feeling you would pick the habs, just pray that the Price is right tonight =3

The Canucks will bounce back a little bit, sure they aren't strong at the moment points wise, but they will stiff up a bit.

I just sat through the whole Habs ceremony thing... and now that it's over I don't even want to watch the game :p

It's hard to tell anything with the Canucks this season. They play either really good games or really bad games. There's no consistency!

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
Well that was a little offensive.

Oh well, at least I know you don't mean it in a mean way... right? ^^"

Of course I do not mean to be mean. How was it offensive?

I am a Canucks fan (Vancouver is my favourite team), and I have personal experience with all of the seasons they have fallen short of expectations. That is why I said lack of faith is unsurprising.

I apologize if I offended you.

Last edited:

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O
Don't look now, but the Leafs are climbing out of the basement! They are a mere 6 points out of that highly coveted 8th spot!

It's gonna be a tough test tomorrow night at Boston.

Sasarai

Bishop
Oh look at that, looks like they're going to actually play some hockey tonight

Don't look now, but the Leafs are climbing out of the basement! They are a mere 6 points out of that highly coveted 8th spot!

Oh god no. We want a top three pick dammit, don't ruin this for us.

We'll have to take matters into our own hands tomorrow

Double-oh-Platypus

Of course I do not mean to be mean. How was it offensive?

I am a Canucks fan (Vancouver is my favourite team), and I have personal experience with all of the seasons they have fallen short of expectations. That is why I said lack of faith is unsurprising.

I apologize if I offended you.

It was a half-joke. ^^" I meant it was like, offensive to people that put more faith in it... or something like that... -_-" Anywho...

Even though I'm not a Leafs fan, I'm happy to hear they're coming up again. After such a rough start, it's hard for them to shake off the reputation of being the worst. I'm glad they're doing something now.

Oh look at that, looks like they're going to actually play some hockey tonight

I have no idea what you were talking about :p

Sasarai

Bishop
Well this is embarrassing.

Still a period left to play and we could always hope for a miracle but so far we've lost to Montreal while Toronto are 8 games clear of the bottom. Dammit Canada!

Double-oh-Platypus

Well this is embarrassing.

Still a period left to play and we could always hope for a miracle but so far we've lost to Montreal while Toronto are 8 games clear of the bottom. Dammit Canada!

Is that supposed to mean you're mad at Canada? Cause I, on the contrary, am quite happy. I mean, we've only got six teams up here -_-"

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Is that supposed to mean you're mad at Canada? Cause I, on the contrary, am quite happy. I mean, we've only got six teams up here -_-"

Statistically wise, canada is more stronger then the american teams since the first year we formed the NHL league, heck we hold the top 2 spots for Stanely Cups. And plus half the american teams have Canadiens on them so xD

And i wouldnt be surprised if there was another team added within 10 years...

Hey that can be discussed =D, should there be another Canadian team? Yes or no and where and why?

Double-oh-Platypus

There should be another Canadian team? Why? Because obviously, as Canadians, we have an interest in the sport. Everyone up here either loves hockey or is mildly interested in it. There are places down in the States *cough*Phoenix*cough* that sell tickets to people that come down and visit for a week or whatever. Trust me; first hand experience.

As for where... hmm... I'd say somewhere in BC, but we don't have a second town that's big enough... Alberta's already got two and well, we could put one into Saskatchewan or Manitoba. Quebec could probably hold another one too... I don't know. I just think we need another team up here!

Venomfrog

Perpetual Observer
Winnipeg sounds like a great place to have a team. Moving the Coyotes back to the Red River would be a good idea.

On the subject, does Winnipeg have an ice rink deemed valid for the NHL? If it does (or if one is in the process of being built), then the city definitely qualifies to have its own hockey team.

Divinity_123

shove 'er in! ;O

Although it's quite possible that the Bruins will get a lottery pick, I think there's also a good chance that the Leafs might play their way out of the basement. The Leafs are a hardworking team who rarely take nights off, which is good for a team that really doesn't have much talent. The Leafs have outplayed, outhustled, and outshot their opponents but lacked the necessary scoring touch to get a win. I don't think that it's a coincidence that the Leafs are suddenly 6-4-3 with Kessel in the lineup.

Oh and god damn, after the spanking the Habs gave you tonight, you better hope to God that the Bruins win :p

Even though I'm not a Leafs fan, I'm happy to hear they're coming up again. After such a rough start, it's hard for them to shake off the reputation of being the worst. I'm glad they're doing something now.
For the sake of the Northeast Division, the Leafs must not allow the Bruins to get Taylor Hall/Tyler Seguin/Cam Fowler ;)

Double-oh-Platypus

So because Diablo is unable to post the scores of last night's games at the moment, he has requested for me to do it... so here they are!

Tampa Bay (2) @ New Jersey (3)

Anaheim (4) @ Minnesota (5)

Boston (1) @ Montreal (5)

Nashville (4) @ Chicago (1)

75% of my predictions were correct!

Anywho, let's get down to business.

Last night was the official 100th birthday of the Montreal Canadiens. Of course, they've been celebrating all week and have not been doing very well. It was a shoe-in for Boston to win, and instead Montreal brings home the money in a 5-1 win.

There were a number of guest stars attending the game, including Henri Richard, Gordie Howe and Guy LaFleur.

Enough of that. I never really saw any of the other games, so the only thing I can say really is congrats.

Here are the games for tonight. My predictions are bolded.

Canucks @ Hurricanes
Oilers @ Stars
Blues @ Kings
Avalanche @ Blue Jackets
*Maple Leafs @ Bruins
Thrashers @ Panthers
*Red Wings @ Devils
Rangers @ Sabres
*Capitals @ Flyers
Islanders @ Lightning
*Blackhawks @ Penguins
Wild @ Predators
*Flames @ Sharks
Senators @ Coyotes

The Toronto and Boston game will be a tough one. After the loss last night to Montreal for the Brins and win on Thursday for the Leafs, both are keen to either turn their luck around or keep their luck up. We'll see how it goes.

For the Detroit and New Jersey, it will be tough. Both are great teams, though they seem to be lacking something this year. Let's see how it turns out.

Philadelphia, though not doing as well as Washington, is still a decent team. They have a chance against the Caps, though it will be a tough one.

Both Chicago and Pittsburgh are great teams, but this is like the Toronto-Boston game; Pittsburgh is looking to keep a winning streak and Chicago's hoping to grab a win after last night's defeat...

Calgary and San Jose was by far, the hardest prediction to make. The Flames have always been a solid team, but the Sharks are the ones that are on fire this year. Both are leading their divisions so we'll get to see how the best battle it out. ^^

So that's it for me. I'll be back late today or early tomorrow for my HNC Wrap-Up. This is Double-oh-Platypus, bidding you good day ^^

Sasarai

Bishop
Yeah like I said before the Maple Leafs have a habit of winning when it doesn't matter anymore (though at this point it still does) and not getting a top pick.

Kesselmania should be good tonight, he was my third favourite player during his time here and I remember being so excited when we drafted him. I kinda expected him to be the American Crosby but he didn't quite live up to those expectations, when he left Boston I thought he'd be exposed without Savard feeding him but he's been doing pretty well.

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
I've been without cable for a lnog time, so i cant watch any games yet ;_;. But i can give out predictions

Canucks @ Hurricanes
Oilers @ Stars
Blues @ Kings
Avalanche @ Blue Jackets
Maple Leafs @ Bruins
Thrashers @ Panthers
Red Wings @ Devils
Rangers @ Sabres
Capitals @ Flyers
Islanders @ Lightning
Blackhawks @ Penguins
Wild @ Predators