• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

german suplex

hipster chespin
I'm kinda disappointed as there is no thread on this epic RPG. Two words; Studio Ghibli. Also, Joe Hisaishi. Anybody else stoked?

TRAILER

I'm actually playing the demo right now, and I'm liking it quite a bit. I wasn't expecting the combat to be as involved as it is, though, it's actually very well done. The art style is very nice, and the voice acting is also very good. Well, the Japanese voice acting is good so far, at least, I'll play through it again later with the English acting. Still, I'm really looking forward to the full release.

german suplex

hipster chespin
I'm actually playing the demo right now, and I'm liking it quite a bit. I wasn't expecting the combat to be as involved as it is, though, it's actually very well done. The art style is very nice, and the voice acting is also very good. Well, the Japanese voice acting is good so far, at least, I'll play through it again later with the English acting. Still, I'm really looking forward to the full release.

Dude! I'm glad I'm not the only one around. I haven't played the demo because I don't want to ruin the game during the full release. Also I can't help but notice your sig, freaking hilarious. Just completed P4G a few days back.

Zazie

So 1991
I feel jealous of all you guys with PS3s. I would totally buy this game if I actually had anything to play it on. :<

It was a DS game first but that game didn't make it to the U.S. or Europe.

I personally don't care about the game, but it does suck that people who were potentially interested couldn't pick it up for DS.

Flame Mistress

It was a DS game first but that game didn't make it to the U.S. or Europe.

I personally don't care about the game, but it does suck that people who were potentially interested couldn't pick it up for DS.

Probably brcause the DS game came with a whole spell book, which would have taken way too long to translate. Still, it does indeed suck, especially since the music and the graphics all seem so amazing (it's Studio Ghibli, after all). And it's from Level-5, too.

german suplex

hipster chespin
I've just completed the game in about 55 hours, truly breathtaking. Everyone with a PS3 who enjoys classic JRPG should get this game. Storywise, it reminds me alot of Studio Ghibli. Wonder if Miyazaki did involve in the process of the story.

For those 'Tales of' fans should be at home with the combat system. It's a mixture of ATB and turn-based. Capturing and training the Familiars are the most fun to me, maybe because that's why I'm here, in a Pokemon forum. I mean seriously, I can't praise this game enough, you guys need to experience it yourselves.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
I've just completed the game in about 55 hours, truly breathtaking. Everyone with a PS3 who enjoys classic JRPG should get this game. Storywise, it reminds me alot of Studio Ghibli. Wonder if Miyazaki did involve in the process of the story.

Whether he was involved directly or not, it legitimately feels like something he'd be involved with. I seriously hope Studio Ghibli makes more RPGs in the future.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
A lot of the hype seems to be about what amounts to graphics. I thought we already had the whole discussion about how graphics don't matter?

For those 'Tales of' fans should be at home with the combat system. It's a mixture of ATB and turn-based. Capturing and training the Familiars are the most fun to me, maybe because that's why I'm here, in a Pokemon forum. I mean seriously, I can't praise this game enough, you guys need to experience it yourselves.

ATB is turn-based, and clearly you've never played the Tales series, if you're saying that's reminiscent of it.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
I don't "have to," because that would imply that everyone has to have the same tastes as everyone, and we know that that's pure psychosis.

In any case, I'd really like more people to say what's good about it other than graphics -- which, to be fair, has been something people do better with this game than some others.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
For those 'Tales of' fans should be at home with the combat system.
No.
A lot of the hype seems to be about what amounts to graphics. I thought we already had the whole discussion about how graphics don't matter?
Gonna slightly agree here. Too many people here (not just this site, in general) are pushing this game because "Studio Ghibli graphics!"

What's even funnier is that 90% of these people don't know **** about Studio Ghibli and only seen like one movie. These people need to shut the hell up.

Now I'm not saying it's a bad game, just people need to stop with the Studio Ghibli cries when they can't even name more than one damn movie they made.

What about Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color? No one is ask for a remake of that.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
No.

Gonna slightly agree here. Too many people here (not just this site, in general) are pushing this game because "Studio Ghibli graphics!"

What's even funnier is that 90% of these people don't know **** about Studio Ghibli and only seen like one movie. These people need to shut the hell up.

Now I'm not saying it's a bad game, just people need to stop with the Studio Ghibli cries when they can't even name more than one damn movie they made.

What about Magic Pengel: The Quest for Color? No one is ask for a remake of that.

Spirited Away, Castle in the Sky, My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Secret World of Arietty, Ponyo, Princess Mononoke... Um, tell me when you want me to stop naming Studio Ghibli films I've seen. Also, I believe I made a post about Magic Pengel quite awhile back on PC. Yes, I wish that game would be remade. But this isn't about Magic Pengel. It's about Ni No Kuni.

I don't "have to," because that would imply that everyone has to have the same tastes as everyone, and we know that that's pure psychosis.

In any case, I'd really like more people to say what's good about it other than graphics -- which, to be fair, has been something people do better with this game than some others.

Ok. No problem. Here's something else to love about the game besides the gorgeous graphics (and they are). The music is absolutely epic. Joe Hisaishi composed every track for this game, and everything sounds amazing.

The reason we talk about the graphics in a game like this, is the same reason we talk about the graphics for games like Muramasa and Odin Sphere. Because in these cases, the games are more like art. When it's obvious that the visuals are going to be real art, then talking about the graphics in a game is a little bit more forgivable, especially when said graphics are created by a world renowned animation studio like Studio Ghibli.

Last edited: