1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Pryce Baby! (240)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Master Quest' started by Serebii, Oct 23, 2004.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Nice Pryce Baby!

After finding Pryce's Piloswine alive and well, it is time for Ash's Battle against Pryce. Will Ash succeed against Pryce and his Icey Pokémon or will he be left cold?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. IceKing

IceKing Sexorific!

I thought this was a cool episode. I was expecting a faint from dewgong to cyndaquil then pikachu fights both Dewgong and Piloswine. Im surprised no one mentioned that Piloswine being a ground type is the reason Pikachus electrical attacks do so little. It made me happy that Ash didnt officially win against the ice gym leader since ice pokemon are my favorites

3. I just saw this ep well all I cna say is gah.

Cyn vs Dew omg that was pretty good on Cyn's part.

Pilo vs Cyn oh not much to say really.

Pika vs Pilo omg that rocked until you know Pryce forfitted. :( But still Ash did some good manurvers.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

I was loving this episode and was ready to declare it the best gym battle ever until that cheap TKO... Team Rocket was kinda funny in this episode. I liked it, but the ending was disappointing.

5. wobbanut

wobbanut Team Awesome

This was a pretty good gym battle, and at least Pryce wasn't as annoying as he was in the previous episode (I liked the part where he told Shelia he heard something from a talk show). I liked when Pikachu slid around to all the ice sculptures, that was pretty interesting. It's also strange how piloswine kept taking all of those strong electric attacks and kept going. I also liked the part when Meowth was face-to-face with the angry seel and told Jessie that it looks like her in the morning. LOL :)

6. Hehe, Jessie in the morning would scare small children ;)

Anyway, I thought this was a pretty good battle. And from Johto, nonetheless:p.

Ingame, of course, Electricity has no effect on Ground Types. But going by common sense, strong electrical currents to the nose and the underbelly, both sensitive areas to pretty much anything, means they would hit and do damage. Though, it would've been interesting to see how Pikachu would fare without being able to use Electric attacks. Quick Attack barrage, probably...

Piloswine's dub voice was quite cool(no pun intended), as was Pryce's. Sheila's, though.....Bleh. The voice itself was well done, but I didn't like it.

The Seel that Meowth woke up looked ready to kill o_0

Pryce is a smart guy throwing in the towel. I've probably have done the same thing in that situation. Piloswine, though able to recover, would still take a beating. It would also probably begin to mistrust Pryce after a while for pushing it through a battle when it obviously couldn't.

Overall rating:
    8.6 out of 10
    Great episode. I wish I'd seen the episode prior to it, but it was still pretty good regardless.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

7. Aptenodytes

Aptenodytes Well-Known Member

for a gym battle, it wasnt as interesting as it couldve been. overall id say 7.8/10

8. eonteam123456

eonteam123456 Codenumber 242

Dewgong was the coolest Pokemon.

9. Pretty good gym battle, not as good as the 8th one, I was surprised when Pryce just forfeited

10. pokemon fan 132

pokemon fan 132 Well-Known Member

This was a pretty cool episode and the whole gym battle was entertaining to watch.We get to see great battle against Cyndaquil and Dewgong where Cyndaquil using clever strategy managed to win.

Battle between Prices Pilosvine and Ashs Pikachu was great too.This was a long and exhausting match for both of this pokemon and i like how this episode shows how its better sometimes to give up when further battle doesnt leads you and your pokemon nowhere so i was impressed when Price throwed towel forfeiting the match. Overall this was a very good episode.

11. Tadashi

Tadashi kiss my greens

Same here. But then, Piloswine isn't as young as it used to be, so if he'd kept on going, he probably would have lost anyway.

Oh well, still a great battle! ^_^ Way to go, Ash!

12. Battra

Battra Well-Known Member

It was a great battle, but I think it would've been alot better with Pryce as he was before he found Piloswine it certainly would have made the battle more intense.

13. Igottapoo

Igottapoo In my nightmares

This battle was totally unfair to Pryce. Cyndaquil swimming? Pikachu affecting ground types? ._. He used Pikachu way too much in Johto anyway.

14. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

this was one of the less good and less logic gym battles i think, better luck next time-_-

15. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

It was a nice episode, Pryce is a good trainer and piloswine was really strong

16. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

This was one of Ash's worst Gym victories in the series. Not only did Pryce give up despite the fact he was winning, but Pikachu's electric attacks were somehow damaging Piloswine.

I lol'd that Pikachu was about to faint, yet Piloswine was still going strong...and then Pryce just gave up.

It's like the writers couldn't think of a realistic way for Ash to win the match so they just gave him another pity badge.

I shake my head at some of Johto's Gym battles.

17. Hibachi

Hibachi Grass Pokemon Expert

I thought that this was a great gym battle. I thought Ash made a great move by having Cyndaquil jump into the pool with Dewgong. Too bad Cyndaquil didn't stand a chance against Piloswine. The Piloswine versus Pikachu battle was just amazing. Pikachu was at a huge disadvantage in that match because it couldn't utilize its speed and electrical attacks had minimum effect. However, Ash used a great strategy by having Pikachu slide from icicle to icicle to avoid Piloswine's attacks. Even though Pikachu's electric attacks should do no damage to Piloswine at all because it is part ground type, atleast they weren't the deciding factor. I am a little disappointed that Pryce forfeited but glad Ash won a Glacier Badge.

18. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

Great gym battle.
    Pryce wasn't ready enough to fight with his Piloswine.
    and i loved Ash's strategy in the battle Cyndaquil vs Dewgong.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Horrid seventh badge battle. Pryce totally overwhelmed Ash with Piloswine at the end and Ash didn't have any control over the battle; how sad. I had expected Ash's team to be able to handle Dewgong easily so I wasn't shocked there. I had expected some trouble with Piloswine but it was too difficult and Pryce had to surrender because of Piloswine's injuries from that cave it was in. Awful way for Ash to win, 1/10.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
  20. firestar319

firestar319 The Marauder

This episode was decent. I disliked the fact that Pryce just practically gave up, even though it probably would've demolished Pikachu. However, the battle Pikachu and Piloswine was really intense.