• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nice Pryce Baby! (240)

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Given that Yanagi's Inomoo had recently been frozen solid for years, I was slightly surprised that he was used

Well that's why Pryce ended up giving up the match; he knew that Piloswine was still injured from his frozen state, so he gave Ash the default win in the end.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Well that's why Pryce ended up giving up the match; he knew that Piloswine was still injured from his frozen state, so he gave Ash the default win in the end.

I'm aware that Yanagi gave Satoshi the win because of his concern for Inomoo's health, but I meant that if Yanagi was so worried about that from the beginning, he shouldn't have even considered using Inomoo against Satoshi for the Gym battle at all.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I'm aware that Yanagi gave Satoshi the win because of his concern for Inomoo's health, but I meant that if Yanagi was so worried about that from the beginning, he shouldn't have even considered using Inomoo against Satoshi for the Gym battle at all.

Eh, I guess Pryce didn't think Piloswine would struggle so much, so he didn't give his decision much thought.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Piloswine's power was straight bs. The thing was frozen for decades, so it didn't make sense that it could put up such a hard fight.

I'm guessing that Rest was enough to undo most of his damage from when he was previously frozen as well as charge him up, although it did feel kind of cheap that Rest kept being used here.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm guessing that Rest was enough to undo most of his damage from when he was previously frozen as well as charge him up, although it did feel kind of cheap that Rest kept being used here.

Yanagi ordering Inomoo to heal itself throughout the Gym battle was fair given that during Gym matches, Gym Leaders aren't supposed to hold back. So Yanagi testing Satoshi and Pikachu by throwing them a curve ball was fitting for this battle. Of course, Satoshi's Pikachu was struggling regardless, so you could say that Satoshi failed to adapt to Yanagi's methods.

When Ash was fighting Piloswine, I was hoping he was going to lose so that we'd see him have a rematch, but then Pryce went on and forfeited and gave Ash his only Johto pity Gym Badge.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, I wonder if Satoshi would've won this Gym match had he brought his Lizardon back to fight Yanagi, or if he still would've lost to Inomoo to hype up Yanagi's skills.

Alloutℯ

Banned
So did Pryce surrender as a way of helping Ash or did he mean what he said about being worried about Piloswine's health?

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
An underwhelming Gym Battle. Dewgong not having any Water-type attacks was really lame. I didn't like it when Pikachu's Electric attacks actually affected Piloswine. Seeing Pikachu adapt to the Gym's altered battlefield was fun. I kind of wish he learned Iron Tail prior to this episode, rather than in Hoenn. Pryce calling off the match and giving Ash the badge anyway disappointed me.
5.5/10

Leonhart

Imagineer
Yanagi's Jugong seemed somewhat unimpressive now that I think of it since it was Yanagi's ace prior to him finding his lost Inomoo, yet Jugong lacked a good moveset and lost against a Fire-type of all things.

Daizy

I call you honey
So this episode had a few ups and downs, but overall it remained pretty decent if you ignore Ash getting a pity Badge and him using Pikachu's Thunder against a Ground type Pokemon.

I was super pleased to see Pryce's Piloswine put up a good fight even though he had been frozen for years. I was worried that it would have been weakened with age but it seemed like it would've won against Pikachu if Pryce hadn't taken pity on Ash. And on this subject, I wonder if this win counted as a pity badge win for Ash since he was obviously going to lose if Pryce hadn't given up.

Nice Ice Ice Baby title pun
Good gym battle, ranks 2nd so far. Cyndaquil takes MVP honors again, it really is Johto's ace. But the true MVP is Pryce's Piloswine, what a tank. Pryce forfeiting surprised me but it makes sense since he is so concerned for the health of Piloswine, but he should get used to it getting hurt because that's what happens in battles.