• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nickname Discussion

Nidowolf

.the power of one.
Lesse, I'll post the Pokemon I currently have (from Pearl and LeafGreen):

Piplup - Varick
Magikarp - Seger
Bibarel - Irving
Buizel - Zale
Psyduck - Mervin

Charmander - Nova
Pidgey - Skye
Pikachu - Sunni

Kiwy

mmmmm

Weavile: Kaoz (because it is a chaos xD)
Tyranitar: Prime (its a condom brand here in Argentina)
Lucario: Bandit (idunno why xDD)

Shadow Gamer

The Shadow Trainer
My Psyduck's nickname: Quackers

Quack + Crackers = Quackers :D

Sohashi

my first venasuar = Saur
why?: the special manga

my first darkrai= Darky ( good bye Darky!! :( )
why?: cause i wanted to :p

Sandkitty-Nya

Kekekekeh!
Hmm..

Flygon: Chronizera (Long story about how I came up with his name.. so, I won't tell it)
Linoone: Swift (Cause well, its the rushing pokemon, so its bound to be swift)
Shaymin: Settie (Short for Poinsettia, after the flower, which Sky Form's petals remind me of, was also around Christmas when I came up with the name)
Many others, too lazy to list more X3

Also, Nidowolf, I also have a Charmander named Nova (Although she's actually a Charizard now :p)

GolemGuy

Better Than Thou
Rayquaza: Dragend.

Dragend has basically been my main Pokemon for After-Game ever since Emerald. There, I cloned a horde of the guy and sent him to XD, Platinum, Diamond, and kept a few in Emerald. He's my highest leveled Pokemon in all of the games, btw, with his best incarnation being Lv. 92

Dragon/legend. IT'S SOMETHING OKAY.

Also, for whatever reason, I always name my starters Octop, my Bird Acearon, and my Golem Rockawn.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
I have actually thought of nicknaming my 10th anniversary Celebi I got in a trade "Joe" , but I never actually gotten around to do it.

you can nickname event pokemon?

Species: Salamence
Nickname: Slicer
why: its wings look sharp.

raganbaby_6

Slavophile and hockey fan
Okay-

Pikachu- Charlotte. I like that name
Gardevoir- Annabeth, after the actress Annabeth Gish (she played Agent Reyes during the last two seasons of The X Files
Teddiursa- Anderson, after CNN's Anderson Cooper, who's news program I enjoy. I also have a Seviper named Shepard, after Shepard Smith of Fox News (he's the ONLY person on that network I actually like)
Luvdisc- Dana, another X Files reference (to DANA Scully, our beloved heroine)
Umbreon- Blair. He's named after the host of a late-night radio show (it plays country music) called After Midnite, Blair Garner
Phanpy- B'Lanna. It's a name from Star Trek Voyager I've always liked.

Those are the ones NOT named after NASCAR/NHRA/Formula One/IndyCar drivers I support, or online friends.

HallwayKid

Water Pokemon Maniac
Luxio - Shaw (Shaw dude!)
Mothim - Drox (Felt like an appropriate sound)
Kirlia - Selie (Kirlia - Selia - Selie)
Lopunny - Ruse (Felt like an appropriate name)
Absol - Solne (It was kind of a cool name I came up with)

Umbreon: Kaitii
Umbreon: Reitii
Umbreon: Teitii
Umbreon: Beitii
Umbreon: Ceitii
Eevee: Sweitii

See a pattern? xD All one big happy family.

Wigglytuff FTW!

Oh hi thar
Giratina - Betsalel
iirc, it's Hebrew meaning "son of my sorrow". I think it fits.

Shiny Staraptor - Lucky
I can't chain for beans, and I have prolly 10 shinies, but they're always welcome. Only problem, was when I was going to catch it, it knew Whirlwind. Why couldn't I have the Gen. I engine then? But I caught it, it has pretty sweet IV's, so "Lucky" fits.

Lanturn - Nigel
When I caught it as a Chinchou, it reminded me of a certain friend of the same name whom I met in the 5th grade, but since I moved, I haven't seen him since...

Darkrai - Siegfried
I named him after my favorite fighter in the SoulCalibur series, Siegfried. I felt that Darkrai has had a bad past of nightmares, but is trying to redeem himself.

denizenofevil

Typhlosion-Axel (from KH)
Arcanine-Leo (Arcanine always seemed to be a noble creature and I thought Leo was a noble sounding name)
Tyrannitar-Gaara (Yeah... he was my favorite character back when I liked Naruto)
Umbreon-Roxas (another KH name)
Espeon-Xion (yet another Kh name. I like the Roxas x Xion pairing so it only seemed logical)
Poliwrath-Yoshi (that cute turtle thing from the mario games. Yes, I know poliwrath is a frog...)
Raichu-Rika (haha... from Digimon)
Aerodactyl-Auron (from FFX)

As you might have noticed, I have a bit of an obsession with Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X and a few other series.

HikariKotone

~Kotone's Assistant~
Species: Cherubi
Nickname: Berry
Reason: Because it kinda look like berries.

Species: Togekiss
Nickname: Passion
Reason: Kinda suits these species.