1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nicknames - What do you name your Pokemon? & Nickname Help!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation IV Discussion' started by Radon, Dec 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Radon

Radon Well-Known Member

ADDED IN: Ask for advice on nicknames here as well, please!

Ask forI have been looking around the area, and have yet to find a topic about Nicknaming Pokemon, not including "nickname help."
    Whenever you catch a Pokemon, you get the chance to nickname your Pokemon. I was wondering if anyone else nicknames their Pokemon, or just chooses not to, and leave it at the Pokedex Name.
    I usually choose not to nickname my Pokemon, except when it comes to Unknown, which I name according to their shape; Unknown A, Unknown !, and so on. ;201-z;

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2010
  2. ~*Lyra

~*Lyra Pokémaniac

I give all my PKMN nicknames.

The ones I intend to trade I give the corniest name I can think of so the tradee will remember it. :D

I usually give the PKMN I intend to use on my team their (Romanized) Japanese name, I think they sound better than the English ones. But that's just me. ;)

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  3. Displeased Owl

Displeased Owl NCTH Leader

Stuff from movies e.g. my aerodactyl = starscream, my infernape = rafiki
    My mascot of course i.e. shiny noctowl = displeased
    The one I will always stick with: Butterfree = lowfat (cause its butter free, get it?)

4. Prinplup

Prinplup Super, super =D

I dont nickname my Pokemon as I prefer to leave them at their original names. Plus, I'm a horrible nicknamer. I used to have an Arcanine called FurryZebra 0_o

5. Forever&Always

Forever&Always DanceInTheDark

I rarely nick name pokemon. It defeats the purpose I think.

6. Lord Scalgon

Lord Scalgon What title?

Steelix - Iron Dick

Don't get me started on Palkia.

7. DaVinkie

DaVinkie Member

I nickname most of my pokemon, sometimes I actually stop playing for half an hour just to make a cool nickname. I mostly use funny names, but lately I'm using "cool Japanese names".
    Like I called my infernape Bokito, which is a Gorilla who escaped from the zoo a week before I started pokemon Diamond. But I called my Staraptor TomaHawX in my platinum playthrough.

8. AlexKZ

AlexKZ Well-Known Member

I nickname pokemon I'm going to use for the Frontier or other battles.
    For example: I named my Qwilfish "PuckerUp", Shaymin "DustBunny", Omanyte "DavyJones!", and Milotic "Mirage".

9. xsedr

xsedr The Moral Aethiest

I've only ever nicknamed 2 pokemon. I named my shadow lugia XD001 just because I thought that name was just awesome, and I used to nickname all my torchics (when I was younger I always picked the fire type, and usually never leveled any other pokemon) Blaze, because there was a rumor that naming it that made it easier to find rare pokemon

10. Radon

Radon Well-Known Member

I have been playing Pokemon Gold recently, which I nicknamed my Cyndaquil; Charcoal. However, I once named a Caterpie; OWNAGE!!!!, and a Magikarp; GOD. Get it?

EDIT: Woot! I evolved in member status!

11. ak47madden

ak47madden Berserk

I usually name mine from anime's and mangas (Naruto, Bleach, Death Note,etc)

12. hunter kamrowski

hunter kamrowski New Member

what should i name my female dragonair

13. hunter kamrowski

hunter kamrowski New Member

its a shiny dragonair

14. Tiomasta

Tiomasta Not amused

I named my Empoleon Pringer X. It's a (epic) reference to Disgaea.
    I'm gonna name my Breloom Umbreloom just because.
    My Crobat is Necrobat. Necro means death in latin, I think.
    I named my pickup pokes Pickup #1 and Pickup #2.

I saw a Metagross named Metal Gear.
    You see quite a lot of water pokes named Leviathan.

15. Radon

Radon Well-Known Member

A shiny Dragonair should be whatever you find suited. Try to choose a nickname that resembles something you like. If you can't choose one, just name it Dragonair.

16. Dante Falls

Dante Falls Doppelgänger

Shiny Crobat (Pink): Pinkrobat
    Shiny Roserade (Purple flowers): Purpleaf

Heatran: Vitleroy
    Forettress: Stronghold
    Salemence: Threshold
    Garchomp: Mercury
    Scizor: Red-Jacket
    Breloom: Psychonaut
    Wobbufett: Rebound
    Blissey: BLISii
    Gyaridos: Tempest
    Porgon-Z: Gonzo
    Mamoswine: Niflheim
    Lucario: Asmodeon

So yeah. Not really a theme, but related to the Pokémon in question.

17. rocko

rocko hihowru

I'll have to sig that one day
    scratch that,sigged

I name mine after member of my favorite bands or japanese names,because they sound cool.

18. col_serra

col_serra <------ is hot!

i have an alakazam named ratchet and a magnemite named clank!

19. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

I like nicknaming my pokes with cool anime things and random japanese words I come up with.

My garchomp *shiny* is named RyuuKaze which is Wind Dragon in japanese with an extra u. I also named my trainer Aero D. Ace(Aero Drake Ace) Thats their first middle and last name

20. Pikachu&Umbreon

Pikachu&Umbreon Master Breeder

thats cool, but ratchet needs to be represented by someone smaller and furrier. flareon mayhaps? or growlithe? vulpix? fire types because his weapons usually make things blow up. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.