• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nicknames?

Villi

Shimama!
I nickname all Pokemon, even the 20 Elekids I bred untill I got good IV's/nature.

My team:
Infernape: Nape. Its short and sweet. Nowadays, its my D/P slogan. It just works for everything.

Electivire: Abeebeebee. I named it after the sound Electabuzz makes in the anime. I was pretty mad when I found out Electivire actually says its name.

Feraligatr: Kajin. Named after the Cajuns of Louisiana, the alligator-ridden land I used to live in.

Lucario: Anubite. Its like Anubis, but with a bite. Actually, its a type of unit in a game called Age of Mythology.

Mammoswine: Masterdon. Combination of Mastodon and Master. Unfortunately, it reminds me of masturbate a little too much.

Honchkrow: Donkrow. The name I wanted it to have.

Souku

I come up with ingenious nicknames. I will share some of my ingeniousness with you:

- Fergus [Croagunk] <---- I wanted to name him Fergus the Frog, but it wouldn't fit.
- Big Momma [Noctowl]
- McButton [Bronzor]
- YummyYummy [Carnivine]
- Ms Mailman [Pelipper]
- A Pokeball [Voltorb]

I like calling pokemon normal 'human' names too. I called my male infernape on my previous Pearl game Tabitha because I liked the name. I have my medicham called Lucy currently, and my weavile on my previous game was Clare.

For my actual team I give pretty serious/normal-but-different nicknames. 'Serious/normal-but-different' being not names like "Wiggly Woo" and the like. My luxray was named Thundra, for instance. Most of the times my pokemon's names come from character names from other videogames, books or movies, etc. I have a ponyta named Epona. I think you can guess where that came from.

Originally I never gave any of my pokemon nicknames, but once I started I couldn't stop, haha. I used to name pokemon things that related to them in other languages (mostly Japanese since I had a Jap dictionary) to make them sound flash, but I've long given up on that and the first thing that comes to mind upon capture is usually the thing that sticks. After all, you gotta love Mm, blood the golbat.

Last edited:

tynder20

Ace Trainer
I nickname my EV'd/Contest pokemon so its easier to keep track of them.
Some of my favorites are:
BlakWaltz - Houndoom
Makona - Eevee
Juniper - Leafeon
Yue - Manaphy
Calcifer - Infernape
Pocky - Girafarig
Desperado - Milotic
Constance - Breloom
Skittles - Skitty
Takuya - Pikachu

I used to only nickname my starter but by Crystal I started naming the faves when there were so many critters to catch. I did nickname a Machop "Stupid" once. I was so fed up of encountering them...my personal revenge: "Go, Stupid!"

Last edited:

jirachiken

lots of luv!
A few more of mine are:

Electivire:Lemons
Ariados: Spider Man
Alakazam: Shazzam
Minun: Mini Minus
Mime Jr.: Lil Joker
Hippopotas:Hypotenuse
Blaziken: Incinerate
Magnezone:Magnetix
Pidgeot:Feather
Luxray:Tigris

Cavan_II

"Dark Lightning"
I nickname about 65% of what I capture, usually the ones that aren't Pokedex filler.
They're either random, or inspired:
Torterra: NDS
Infernape: N64
Empoleon: SNES
Drifblim: Wii
Vespiquen: Famicom
Cherubi: Sierra
Shuckle: Shucks
Starmie: Pow
Gulpin: Gumples (I don't even know where that one came from)
Octillery: Punt
Sudowoodo: PetrifiedW (W standing for Wood)

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
Nicknames

Banette: Yzma
Dusknoir: Kronk
Sceptile: Geico
Venusaur: Dark Side (I don't know where I got that)
Pinsir: No name (ROFL)

TheLegendObsesser

< I'll be back!
I nickname all my pokemon.
Worst (IMO):
Sharp the registeel
Best: (IMO):
Tiamit the charizard

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
I named my Gligar Flysquirrl. Rofl.

cloudk

hates you.
i only nickname shiny and my competitive team

blissey-Joy(Jump for joy)
skarmory-Solid(skarm's a wall and walls are solid ;D)
sceptile-wacko(wood and gecko)
swampert-Skipper(mudskipper)
houndoom-Wrath(it's a sin..i think.And sins are done by evil/dark things)
togekiss-Kisso(came up with this randomly.)
shiny ponyta-flare(Flare is some sorta fire or sth like tt..i guess)
shiny lugia-hydroflight(hydro means water, the place it lives in.(ocean)Flight stands for its ability to fly)
shiny deoxys-former(it can change forms)

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Meh, I mostly nickname my pokemon.
Here are some strange ones:

Don Pimp - Honchkrow
Snover - Snowy

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm too lazy to check my Pokemon Diamond.