• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nicknames?

Discharge

Onions? WHERE???

I named my oddish Oddium wad...

And my shiny donphan(who rocks in wifi FTW) was named Satan because I caught him from a chain when I had 666 repels left... XP

Mewchirio

I got Zephyr from the Zephyr badge. Seemed appropriate for a flying type, since the Zephyr Badge is given to you by a Flying Gym Leader.
Hey, that's a really good idea XD
How long did it take you to come up with that. It'd take me ages :(

Mewchirio

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Yep, I try to give every single pokemon a name, though they aren't always so great. A lot have names with actual thought behind them, but the majority end up named after a random word or song that crossed my mind when they were caught/hatched. Sometimes the box pokemon will get theme names, but not too often. The pokemon on my teams are the lucky ones- they might receive names that were planned beforehand. For instance, in my Diamond team, Twoflower, DeForest, Geordi, and Skip were all pre-decided names, but Kermit, Freddy and Julio were spur of the moment names based on their personalities (or, the personality I saw while battling them).

And in Emerald, except for the starter who got a name themed to match the trainer (Swampert was Garfunkel and Brendan was Simon), my team all had names based on characters in the anime (Jessie, James, Brock, Megumi), but the FR team were all pretty much random. (Bar Onix, who was named after a fellow Brock girl~) Kojiro the Gloom was named 'cause he's blue, just like my favourite cucco, and the rest had names that were more or less the same inspiration-wise. The Yellow team's names weren't so great, though. :\

But I do like a lot of the names that the box pokemon have, and I might post some later.

Onion Kid

I got Zephyr from the Zephyr badge. Seemed appropriate for a flying type, since the Zephyr Badge is given to you by a Flying Gym Leader.
Which itself gets its name from Zephyrus/Zephyr, the Greek god of the western wind.

A-GAME

Insert Coin(s)
I never nicknamed any of my Pokemon. I more like them being called with their original names. But lately, I've been considering nicknaming afew.

RDSchley

The Anti-Hero
O.J. for my spiritomb, and no, the glove doesn't fit... o_O
Tauros: Mark Twain, because he's awesome
Swampert: MUDKIPZ!!!
Ursaring: Superteddy
Hitmonchan: Hitmonlee (watch how many people get confused)
Hitmontop: Hitmondown (seriously, watch the confusion)
Skarmory: Nospikes!!
Tyranitar: Nerfme

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I never use nicknames: actually don't know why...
but me and my sis played once and called our pokemon really weard names:
i had she had
clefairy (coffee) jigglypuff (thee)
caterpii (salt) weedle (shucker (don't know who to white it xD))
nidoran (m) (ying)nidoran (f) (yang)
or something ...don't remember much

I rarely nickname them except female mr. mimes's are mrs. mime, dittos are chewed because i always think they look like chewed gum.
And i went through a phase where i named my party by their japanese names

Typhlosion- Blazio
Meganium- Sunny
Gallade- Engarde
Porygon-Z- Techno
Scizor- Red Steel
Gyarados- Menace
Mismagius- Nightmare
Giratina- Undertaker
Mewtwo- Zero
Arceus- Alpha
Dialga- Omega
Electivire- Sir Sparks
Bronzong- Bad Egg
Torterra- Terror
Dusknoir- Reaper
Gardevoir- Mystique

HoagiethePokeBreeder

Poke’veteran
Well, my main competitive Pokemon are named...

Breloom - Epitome

Gardevoir - Hansel

Lanturn - Chai

Hippowdon - Loafa

Ludicolo - Fiesta

Dragonite - Hastega

Sceptile - Cabela

Weavile - Elite06

Electivire - G-Storm

Umbreon - DarkGleam

Blaziken - Zesty

Magnezone - Lint

Ampharos - Raving Ros

Spoinky

becstar xoxo!!
I can't believe I forgot 2 bidoof's I used when I vs my friend, the lv 2 bidoof is called Arceus and the other is Rayquaza. I tried to scare him

Frozir

F-f-freezing... NOT
The Spoinkster said:
I can't believe I forgot 2 bidoof's I used when I vs my friend, the lv 2 bidoof is called Arceus and the other is Rayquaza. I tried to scare him

or vice versa, naming your Arceus 'Magikarp' (that will caught your opponent offguard) XD

I once rename all my pokemon so that only the 1st letter of their name remains capital (eg. BULBASAUR --> Bulbasaur), but when I finally realize that it's stupid to do so, I actually take the effort and time to change all my pokemons' name back to all CAPS. :p

eonmaster_457

Don't get the habit now.

But then, when I started pokemon, I didn't know bout evolution, yet was aware of pidgey's evos.

I caught 2, and named them 'pidgeyotto' and 'pidgeyot'. FYI, it's true

!!-Eevee-!!

I say I dont nickname my Pokémon right? Now, I remember that in my first Blue version I nickname all my Pokémon to 'Pokémon'. -_- (I was 7 years old..) Good times, good times..

~Eevee

Mewchirio

or vice versa, naming your Arceus 'Magikarp' (that will caught your opponent offguard) XD

I once rename all my pokemon so that only the 1st letter of their name remains capital (eg. BULBASAUR --> Bulbasaur), but when I finally realize that it's stupid to do so, I actually take the effort and time to change all my pokemons' name back to all CAPS. :p
I sometimes do that, on the pokemon i usually use alot.
Why can't Nintendo just do that in the first place. eg:
POTION
REPEL
All the itmes and stuff are in Caps lock. Why?

Mewchirio

rekreatur

I nickname all my pokemon.Sometimes I run out of ideas and give them a stupid name lol.I had a shiny tentacruel and named it Shinycruel lol

TheVaporeon

Vaporeon Owns You.
I nickname pokemon for my official team for wi-fi (still waiting for...) like (oh,please don't find ANY of these names offencive,if you do sorry :[ )

Garchomp - IeatJews
Electivire - AAsteroids
Vaporeon - Tsunami
Hippowdon - I Eat Sand

Aviar Mew

gigglewiggle
Wow, where to start. I tried to make some of mine sound catchy, but most of them now sound stupid. Some nicknames are just lowercased versions of the actual names.

Anyways, my first Pokemon Ever, when I was like 5, I called CUTE, cause it was a Charmander. Then it turned into a charzard, and still had the name CUTE.

Here's my Pearl ones.

Lugia - Zenaris
Weavile (shiny) - Slice (This one was named after something.)
Palkia - Xaviar
Moltres - Flamewing
Zapdos - Sparkwing
Articuno - Aourawing
Cresselia - Lumaria
Wingull - Sordoa
Froslass - Nataru
Chingling - Bellara
Drifloon - Baloony
Riolu - Naraon
Blaziken - Scorchet (I personally like this one a lot.)
Ninjask - Srecadi
Seviper - Shmitial
Yanma - Banno
Delcatty - Ninari
Magnetric - Rectraic
Luxray - Voltair
Togekiss - Abalong
Infernape - Argaden
Shedninja - Credshida
Absol - Carogal
Krabby - Kinai
Crawdaunt - Strega
Ninetales - Freskia
Sableye - Crystic
Sudowoodo - Conifer
Pichu - Rei
Staraptor - Lumara
Swellow - Darios
Chatot - Melody

Yeah, I have a lot, and that's not all of them.