• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nicknames

Do you nickname your Pokémon?

• Yes

Votes: 123 71.9%
  • No

Votes: 48 28.1%

• Total voters

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
I always nickname the ones who stay in my party, and my HM slaves. If it is not nicknamed, it doesn't feel like it belongs to me.

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
Sometimes.

I did in my White version.

Sam the Samurott
Shaana the Musharna
Alice the Vaniluxe
Fez the Unfezant
Fiona the Sawsbuck
Shandy the Chandelure
Zek the Zekrom
Rex the Haxorus
Eeks the Rotom-W
Loony the Drifblim

Kalosian

So long
I nickname most of the Pokemon that I will use for battles. I do not nickname my in-game story teams or Pokemon that I cannot nickname (trades or events).

Wild Dragonite

Ralts Evo Tree Fan
Whenever I nickname it, I feel like it has to be a unique nickname and not something like "Ben" the Durant. No offense, but I'm the kind of person who'd name a Flygon Kraid because it reminds me of a monster from Metroid. But that's another story.

I also named a Ditto Kirby, but that's also another story. Most of the nicknames I give are from other video games.

Maybe when I finally get around to playing Platinum I'll nickname all my Pokemon.

Slim Shady the Cacturne
Hippy the Hipowdon
Gavin the Garchomp

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Eeks the Rotom-W

Nicknames that come from in-game trades don't count because you didn't come up with them yourself, and you're kind of stuck with the name because you can't change it. You got that Rotom in a trade for a Ditto, didn't you?

(Of course, I did name my Pikachu in Crystal Volty, after the Pikachu I received in a trade from Lt. Surge in Soul Silver. But this does count because I chose to give her that nickname.)

STICKTOPIA

No. I like sticking to the original.