• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nicknames

Mr.FusRoDah

Any funny, sensible, movie reference nicknames you guys have used/plan to use?

Planned - Sawk, with toxic, retaliate, revenge, and payback. Calling it "Melvin", after the Toxic Avenger.

Done - Landorus - Jerkface, because he fissured one of my best capture bros in the first turn, and exhausted my team down to the last two.

My Moxie Gyrados - Homewreckr

my Magic Bounce Espion - Psy-Ops

Kyurem - Mr. Freeze

My friend's Sudowoodo - Tree-insert F-bomb here-er (I really don't approve of this one's name)

Mitzi

L'Etat c'est moi
Haha, funny names you've given to your Pokémon! I usually don't name any of my Pokémon. I'm not creative enough.

Mr.FusRoDah

I've even resorted to normal names because I've ran out for a while. I almost always nickname my Pokemon Colloseum and Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness pokemon, I do plan to do a run on both, no nicknames.

Mr.FusRoDah

Sweet. I've named one "Peeko", after Captain Briney's bird, and my lvl. 100 legit raised Ampharos from Colloseum, it's name is Amphy. I mostly use it's thunder wave for captures or in extreme in game situations, it's rain dance + thunder or hyper beams for kills. Not the mightiest move set, but it gets me by.

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
I nickname always, usually after a book series or tv show I enjoy.

In my Soulsilver game my name is Remus and all my characters are HP nicknames. In my Nuzlocke BW challenge, I play as Locke and all my Pokemon are named after LOST characters. This has worked particularly well, resulting in an Emboar named Hurley, a Leavanny named Juliet, an Archen named Sayid, a Garbodor named ManInBlack, and a Boldore named Richard. Desmond the Woobat and Ana Lucia the Whirlipede recently passed on :(

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I usually named Pokemon after the nicknames of Pokemon in the Pokemon Manga.

synthetica

A Failed Experiment
I usually name them after one of their features or, if I'm out of ideas, after thier colour.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Let's see:

Drapion- Scorpinok
Honchkrow- Josef (after the second in command of the Russian Mafia in Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction)
Giratina- Amorbis (after the first temple boss in Metroid Prime 2)
Gallade- Tybalt (after Juliet's cousin in R&J, he's a master swordfighter)
Kyogre- Acro (after a boss from Kirby 64 and IIRC, Kirby's Dream Land 3)
Regi Trio- Rundas (Regice), Thardus (Regirock), and Ghor (Registeel) (all named after bosses from the Metroid Prime trilogy)

rykerr1

The Great Gublet
Generally, my Pokemon's nicknames come from a character/actor in the tv show or movie I was watching when I caught it. Sometimes I name them after characters in books too (like my Lugia, Yossarian).

TeamRocketGrunt

WobbWobbWobb Wobrudo
Jynx is NikkiMinaj, I won the thread!

I also have a Hydreigon named Gilbert. I was gonna use Ludwig but Ludwig isn't...."douchey" enough.
Free cookie if you know the two names in there!^

In a Pokemon walkthrough my Quilava's name Is Rigatoni, a Pidgey's name is Ravioli, and Caterpie is Spaghetti.
As you can tell, I love pasta.