• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nicknaming Pokémon

Tealeaffs

ヒマワリ
I'm kinda on the fence with it. Sometimes when I start a game I try to plan a set theme for my team (and any other pokes I may catch) but I either miss one out and forget, or get bored midway through naming them ^^

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I also like to call some Pokémon names that are puns. One of the best I have is Mia the Fearow.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I think the most interesting nickname I gave was, DoUEvenLift?, which I gave to my Swampert in Alpha Sapphire.

I think that name will stick, though, should I ever get another Swampert.

Morton Belgram

2Pac: My starter in any game.
Mufassa: Entei.
Cancer: Chansey with Eviolite and Toxic/Protect/Softboiled/SeicmicToss.
Shamrock: Machamp.

Archedra

Fossil Pokemon Trainer
I always nickname the Pokemon I intend to keep for teams! It helps form a personal attachment, I suppose.
The nicknames I use vary greatly, but I always try to make them sound cool. If I need an idea, I'll usually look up the names of mythical creatures or use a fantasy generator.

Zafie

A Longtime Fan
I find that I have to nickname all of my Pokémon as it helps me to form a closer bond with them. Its just something I've always done :)

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
My personal best nicknames aside from tthhe ones I’ve mentioned so far are Ambush the Shiny Durant that literally ambushed me, Pincushion the Cacnea, Sailor Moon the Cresslia, Flamewar the Chandelure, R.Mika the female Incinaroar, Green Arrow the Decidueye, Danger Zone the Deoxys, JimmiBuffet the Wobbuffet, Missing Keys the Klefki, And Britney the Spearow.