• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nightmare Knights (An Ubers Rain RMT)

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
manaphy_zpsb1c70a53.png

Hello everyone! Welcome one, welcome all to my Nightmare Knights (A.K.A Revellion)! This team overall has been really well and kind to me, counter a lot of different top level threats since day one, and I’m certainly glad to share this team with everyone.Well, shall we get more in detail with this nightmare of a team?

382.gif

First of all, I started off with Kyogre since Kyogre is such a boss.

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif

Next, I wanted to add in my walls. Latias and Ferrothorn served as two really excellent walls for the team

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ice.gif

Next, I heard about CM Arceus Ice and decided to take it for a spin.

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ice.gif
484.gif

I next added in Palkia to basically destroy everything

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ice.gif
484.gif
384.gif

I then added in Rayquaza to help me on the physical side and to destroy some key threats, like Ferro.

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ghost.gif
484.gif
384.gif

After a lot of play testing, I noticed I was really ExtremeKiller weak once Ferro died, and Iceus didn't hold up well. Switched to Ghosteus, never went back.

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ghost.gif
484.gif
491.gif

During the sleep clause testing, I decided to switch out Rayquaza for Darkrai, to abuse sleep and ditch Rayquaza, who wasn’t doing me any favors.

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ghost.gif
490.gif
491.gif

Switched out Palkia for TG Manaphy, since status was really a problem and Palkia wasn’t holding up well.

382.gif
380.gif
598.gif
493-ghost.gif
490.gif
141.gif

Switched Darkrai for Kabutops since I needed a fast, reliable physical attacker, and as a spinner Kabutops instantly got the spot.

tumblr_mj1kxx9yPR1rv6iido1_500.gif

Wilmgard (Kyogre) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Sleep Talk

Wilgard can beat almost every other lead one one one (Bar ScarfRai). Either Water Spouting, Thundering, or Ice beaming them to death, a lot of common leads have fallen prey to the sea god. Mewtwo and Dakrai, two either noticeable threats, get decimated by water spout, and those who lead with ExtremeKiller get a surprise face full of Water Spout. He also serves really well as an offensive pivot, able to take out most other weather inducers and puts pressure on the opponent due to his tremendous power. Sleep Talk is there for absorbing sleep once Manaphy is dead, and overall is really useful, even if it isn’t used that often. Wilgard is very useful for setting up rain for the team, and absolutely decimating anything in his path. He brings a very powerful presence as a lead, and due to his bulk he can tank a hit or two on the switch in and destroy the opponent with the proper move.

tumblr_mm7iwd1lk31sndda6o1_500.gif

Alier (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Psyshock

Even though she’s my special wall, she most likely holds the record of most 6-0’s out of anyone on my team. With Calm Mind, Roost, and Soul Dew, she can tank pretty much every special attack in the tier, and especially after a couple of boosts. Dragon Pulse is her main move, able to quickly dispatch and physical attacks or dragons who decide to come on in and take her out. Psyshock is there for the blobs, and is really useful in a calm mind war since I can KO opposing threats and still shrug off damage. She can easily switch into Kyogre ,Kyurem-W after a DM, Mewtwo, and almost any other special attacker in the tier. She’s also very useful for absorbing paralysis due to her special bulk, and also gives a her a destroy darkrai for free card after a CM or two. Alier’s role on the team is a special wall into a deadly special sweeper in a blink of an eye, abusing soul dew to laugh of super effective Draco Meteors and roost in their face.

tumblr_ml7jpuDOVq1r72ht7o1_500.gif

Hector (Arceus-Ghost) @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brick Break
- ExtremeSpeed
- Shadow Force

Dat Hector. The Hector. Fear Hector. Anyone in TBC (besides AnakBae) can tell you how much of a terror this thing is. I know most people say that physical Ghosteus is horrible outclassed by CM Ghosteus, but I beg to differ. With Adamant Nature and +2, Hector can easily eat Multiscale Lugia and Giratina for lunch with Shadow Force (and the rest of the tier). Brick Break does a pretty good damage to Extreme Killer, Dialga, and Darkrai on the switch. ExtremeSpeed is wonderful in priority, and usually helps in making ScarfOgre’s Waterspout not OHKO. It also helps deal with faster threats and weaker threats, but it’s not to be used as some E-Killer clone. Overall, Hector is a really powerful pokemon on my team, and very few can survive Hector unscathed. (Hell, he 2HKO’s Ferrothorn with Shadow Force). Hector’s role is the blow massive gaps into teams, or clean up the holes Wilmgard creates

tumblr_mg5hsameAB1r84emlo1_r1_500.gif

Gunther (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock

Ah Gunther, my dubbed extreme killer. Literally, this set is made to hard counter ExtremeKiller and other physical threats (Not named Groudon). Thunder Wave is the crux of the set, allowing him to cripple scarfers and to hopefully out speed physical threats. Leech Seed is usually draining, and to a direct physical attacker usually rounds to 42% damage per turn in passive damage. With a power whip that’s half of my opponent’s health, making Rocky Helmet preferred on this set. Hell, he even counters Genesect and Specially attacking dragons well. Power whip is there to deal with the ever so annoying Kyogre, and can also whittle down E-Killer down along with all this passive damage. Stealth Rocks, while usually never set up, is a really good hazard in almost any meta game, and makes Reshiram, Ho-Oh, and especially Blaziken think twice before switching into me. Overall, Gunther can hardwall almost every physical attacker in the tier, and provide very useful utility to the team, even if he has to sacrifice lefties.

tumblr_m0qnthpdt81r84emlo1_500.gif

Marietta (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

I rarely have to use Marietta, which is a good sign for me. I have to say she’s actually the most potent member of my team. She can switch into a Lugia that lacks phazing move and just set up on it like it’s cake. Tail Glow is pretty much explanatory, giving +3 in the course of a turn. This givers her very, very dangerous potential to destroy almost everything in her path, especially if one considers how most of Ubers sits at a base 90.Surf is self explanatory ,giving Marietta a very powerful STAB move in the rain that can tear holes in almost anything. Ice Beam is there to take care of the dragons that are infesting the tier, along with Grasseus at +6. HP Fighting might seem like a weird choice over rest, but it allows me to deal with two very prominent threats to my sweep, Dialga and Ferrothorn. It allows me to clean up the weak spots in my sweep as well, which is nice. Marietta is very useful at absorbing statuses and dishing out a large amount of damage. While her offenses might seem a bit low by Ubers standards, she can easily remedy that.

tumblr_mmwtw0BCrv1s5h198o1_400.gif

Zolgonork (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Zolgonork seems to be the one constantly switching roles. At first he was a Rayquaza, then he was a Darkrai, and now he’s a Kabutops. Though he can easily get rid of one annoying thing to almost every team, entry hazards. With Swift Swim, Kabutops is arguable the best rapid spinner in Ubers, and can beat Excadrill 1 vs.1 in the rain. Waterfall is my main STAB, allowing me to hit fast, and hard. Waterfall also allows me to easily clean up a team that lacks priority, and can deal a good amount of damage to anything. It’s also useful for breaking Lugia’s multi-scale. Stone Edge allows me to take care of Lugia (once Multiscale ia broken) and Giratina, along with Shaymin-S and Ho-Oh (in the sun). Superpower is there to make a huge dent in E-Killer and Dialga, along to KO a weakened Ferrothorn. Life Orb adds an extra oomph to my moves, and allows free mobility. Overall, with his great speed in rain and powerful attacks, this fossil is an excellent clean-up and works wonders late game.​

~Credit to Astral Shadow for banner.

Last edited:

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Nice team, but...

NO COUNTER TO GROUDON LOL. Kyogre is quickly weakened down by hazards and is fully countered by Latias which is extremely common on sun teams. Manaphy cant do anything in Sun, and trying to kill Groudon with Arceus-Ghost (since its physical) and Kabutops is like trying to break a brick with a feather. Dragon Pulse from Latias against specially defensive groudon also only does ~30%. I suggest replacing Roost or Calm Mind for Grass Knot, which absolutely destroys every single Groudon in exstence without Rhindo Berry. No Groudon runs Rhindo Berry.

Liltwick

Just your Sleepy FIzzy Mod
I'm sorry but, Groudon has never been a problem. You also don't seem to understand the purpose of Latias either, it's a special wall that turn's into a special sweeper. Not a straight up special sweeper, as her EVs dictate. They dictate her more as a fast wall that can set up a CM then roost off the damage until she gets to roughly + 3 or + 4 (Factoring in Soul Dew). Besides, doing Calcs, Ice Beam will 2HKO, and against a physically defensive Groudon it will usually set up rocks. Also, Kyogre can switch into Groudon and switch it out. Manaphy is useless in the sun? I'd like to differ. Once Mana is set up Ice Beam and HP Fighting can still wreck the opposing team. Who would even use physical attackers against Groudon? That's stupid. Though if it switches into Shadow Force once Hector has set up, I can easily dispose of it. Overall, I have no problem with Groudon, never have, never will.