• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Night's Simply Sprite thread

Thats right, Another one 8D

Ok first, My newest palletes.

Purple Sadness
PS-Darkrai.png

Ghost v2
Ghost-Arcanine-v2.png
(Old Version:
Ghostmew.png

And now, A couple of fusions. Fusions are my worst subject =/

Darkraifuision.png

Left, Darkrai, Magmortar, Lucario, and Infernape
Right, Manaphy, Spiritomb

And, Maps(They were for meh region)

Gold town
Goldtown.png

Route 9
Route9.png

Map for someone
AshKetchupmap.png

More Shall come soon, so calm thy horses.

Rizadon

Pitch Black Soul
....your overworld maps are good, but your regular sprites are just terrible.

Umm, Thats not really rating saying that "This is good, this is bad." Can you tell me why, on other forums people love my sprites.

Rizadon

Pitch Black Soul
Umm, Thats not really rating saying that "This is good, this is bad." Can you tell me why, on other forums people love my sprites.

how is that NOT rating. I am telling you your over world maps are really good. This means you are doing fine on that. (rating=good) and your fusions and such at the top, were not so good. It doesnt take a genius, my opinion (and rating) is, your sprites at the top are not that good because they dont LOOK good. its just that simple

Rizadon

Pitch Black Soul
Because you have crap like "purple sadness" and "ghost pokemon"
WHAT THE FECK IS THAT? How can I tell you how to improve on YOUR OWN ****!
I cant, THATS how. Accept my opinion, I dont like the ones at the top. I am done here.

jirachi2808

Manaphy Fan
Your maps are horrible, I can't believe kyledoves tiles have been ruined in your maps.
1. They are too square
2. You misused the tiles, the sign on the small house SHOULD NOT be right on top of the wall.
3. Well I have no three, but you really need to improve your mapping skills.
Here is an example of mine (Ignore the overworlds, I just added them for decoration when I made the map)
TranquilTown.png

As you can see, I haven't misused the tiles and the map is not completely square.

If you think your so good, let me see your sprites?

Man, if you had a rating thread on where I go, you'd be killed of the bad comments.

I also hate, That I come back, make a sprite thread, and get dissed by a little wannabe spriter telling me my sprites are crap. No way.

Jirachi: Thank You. Thats good ratings.

Anyway, I didnt actually want to do maps, but my friend needed a map maker, so I tried.

Lemon!

MAPMAKER FOOLZ
jirachi2808, you are being way to harsh on him. and quite frankly, nobody cares about how good your maps are. NighBlaze, you need working on your maps, there is no consideration there. On the routes, you should include more grass areas. As for the towns, they are very bland and you need to include more stuff. But nothing that practice cant perfect.

LillidaleTown.png

Here is a town of mine I based on kyledoves tiles. As you can see I have included lots of my own tiles. This is an example of how you are allowed to use kyledoves tiles how you want to use them. Dont let no wannabe spriter (as you put it) to tell you how to use somebody elses sprites. You do whatever you darn please.

(P.S feel free to look at my map for an idea for your others.)

jirachi2808

Manaphy Fan
Well if you won't work on improving your sprites then that's fine by me, your just jealous.
So stop acting like a noob and actually sprite something that looks good. Don't rush what your doing and take your time.

You wanted C&C and you got C&C so just take in what I said and you will improve (And I'm not a wannabe spriter, I do sprite but very often). And this is the last post I'm making here as I don't want to turn this thread into a flame war.

Rizadon

Pitch Black Soul
He wouldnt be killed at all. His maps are better than YOURS! It seems more realistic. A REAL pokemon neiborhood. He didnt just slap some crap on some grass and say "DONE!"

Secondly, I'm not a wannabe. I have been spriting for close to 4 years now. Your the wannabe, your nothing but a n00b spriter!

Lemon!

MAPMAKER FOOLZ
You hit the nail on the head Rizadon. As for your other sprites, your recoloured mew ones is good even though it doesnt look like a ghost :/

jirachi2808

Manaphy Fan
jirachi2808, you are being way to harsh on him. and quite frankly, nobody cares about how good your maps are. NighBlaze, you need working on your maps, there is no consideration there. On the routes, you should include more grass areas. As for the towns, they are very bland and you need to include more stuff. But nothing that practice cant perfect.

LillidaleTown.png

Here is a town of mine I based on kyledoves tiles. As you can see I have included lots of my own tiles. This is an example of how you are allowed to use kyledoves tiles how you want to use them. Dont let no wannabe spriter (as you put it) to tell you how to use somebody elses sprites. You do whatever you darn please.

(P.S feel free to look at my map for an idea for your others.)

I was using it as an example, not to show people how good it was or whatever.
Well yeah, I guess I did act a bit harsh by saying
Your maps are horrible, I can't believe kyledoves tiles have been ruined in your maps.
So I'm sorry for being that harsh NightBlaze.

Papa. L

Scratcher!!!
How long you've been spriting has nothing to do with it. It depends on how much you have progressed through the periods. When Night said that "you'd be killed" I think he was referring to Rizadon. I hope this flame war won't continue. 4 posts into the thread and swearing is already included. -sigh- Anyhow, I'm not much of a mapper myself. I can't tell you how to improve much except for the fact the overworlds are meant to be in FRLG Style :p The style of the map is D/P but is meant for FRLG. Examples kind of tell me that you're just bragging and trying to lure people into your threads, no offense. You should try stating where it could be improved and where it went massively wrong. I think that the routes could use more grass, as pointed out by Lemon! And jirachi2808, I agree you are being a bit too harsh on Night but you do stand out with a good point and great constructive crit. Purple Sadness is a simple recolour that looks like it was made in Photoshop. No crit there as well as Ghost, except for the fact that Ghosts look like they have no shading and the eyes+mouth look horribly recoloured. The Darkrai Fusion is too Copy+Paste. Most parts don't fit together too well. The Infernape parts make the Darkrai Base look too deformed, whilst the Magmortar fist fits almost perfectly. The position of the Infernape arm+hand is too wonky. Maybe if you made it poke out instead of being merged with the body it'd look better. The Manaphy Fusion is good, creative, made me laugh and yeah ^^ I hope I helped.

.:~Luis~:.​

Rizadon

Pitch Black Soul
ok, lets all just settle down the flaming, and get back to what matters.
Night, Your sprites arent horrible, I never said I didnt like them. I told you, your maps were good, but your fusions and customs were not. To me, if the sprite doesn't look like it should, it isnt good. I was NOT trying to offend you. But that only proves, you CANT take bad comments for crap. 0_0 Truce?

LostVoice

Human Plague
Well, for starters I see no line definition for "Purple Sadness". It looks like one solid blob of purple and blue in the shape of Darkrai. I see that you do have darker shades but you have to look real close. Make them darker. Your ghost sprites look alright. It;s the just the glow around it make the pokemon look like a button.

I have not nor plan not on venturing into Fusions so I feel I can not comment on them fully and accurately.

Your maps are good. However, the first map has way to much free space. It feels like my first towns on made in RPG Maker. Plan it out first and condense it. To me, it looks like you placed stuff as you made it.

The second and third maps are very good. I like the use of the people and pokemon.

Rizadon

Pitch Black Soul
HEY NIGHT! How is THAT ^^^^^^^^^^ For a rating!!
lets give it up for LostVoice! YAY

meh

suave
Ok then, your darkrai recolor is good but needs more distinct shades and try to do some hue shifting. Arcanine ghost isn't really a sprite. A sprite has a set amount of colors and this guy has like a million. Darkrai fusion is good but could use some shading on the left (our left) shoulder. I like the manaphy one but it could also use some shading on its "hair".

Ok on the maps, first one looks like a vast sea of grass with about 2 buildings and needs a border if it is gonna be like a pokemon map. Second one is good. Third one is good but the water shouldn't be in a square, try to round it a bit.