• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NinChamp Pass Sweep

Mock Z

Music Guru
To clear up any confusion for those looking at this thread for the first time, in the middle of this post I am deciding between using Dragonite and Rotom or Bronzong and Ferrothorn. I am not deciding between the four of them willy-nilly, I am deciding between the teams of Dragonite/Rotom and Bronzong/Ferrothorn. Let me know what you guys think!

Ninjask lvl 100
Adamant Nature, Ability: Speed Boost
EV's: 248HP/244Def/16Speed
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
X-Scissor
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Substitute

The opening move on my team. Ninjask has the EV's on health to take on any starting attack if the opponent decides to be faster, or if my Ninjask is just naturally faster, he Subs to build up speed using Speed Boost. If there's time, throw in a couple Sword Dances for impending doom. X-Scissor for cover (what, you thought I'd have an all status Poke on my time?) Baton Pass at a reasonable time, considering the fact that he will be undeniably faster than anything. Baton Pass to Machamp.

Machamp lvl 100
Jolly Nature, Ability: No Guard
EV's: 252HP/252Atk/4Speed
Item: Leftovers
Moveset:
Substitute
DynamicPunch
Stone Edge
ThunderPunch

My physical sweep. With the Pass from Nin, his Speed should be atleast par with some of the fastest Poke out there, if not higher. Sub should allow for total sweepage, while DynaPunch is a great STAB 2HKO move, confusing at the same time. Stone Edge to deal with those pesky flying types and Thunderpunch for obvious coverage reasons.

Salamence
Jolly Nature
EV's: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Speed
Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Fire Blast

A back-up physical attacker, in case Machamp decides he wants to sit the rest of the match out. DD should make for some decent sweepage. Can't choose between the more reliable DClaw or the more powerful Outrage as a STAB move, but Earthquake and Flamethrower make use of his amazing move pool.

Bronzong
Item: Light CLay
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Levitate
EV's: 252HP/152Atk/8Def/96SpDef
Reflect
Light Screen
Stealh Rock
Gyro Ball/Earthquake

This Bronzong will reign supreme on the battlefield when it sets up Dual Screens and a crippling Stealth Rock. Although I can't decide whether to use Gyro Ball for STAB or Earthquake for obvious reasons, it will only be for last resort to take out any opponents who decide to sweep through the rest of my team. This is my main Support Wall for the rest of my team.

Chansey
Bold Nature @ Eviolite
Natural Cure
EV's: 252HP/252Def/4SpDef
Heal Bell
Thunder Wave
Softboiled
Toxic

My other Support Wall, Chansey will just become a royal pain. By paralyzing foes with Thunder Wave while at the same time Heal Belling the rest of my team to an annoying level and Softboiling itself just to be an awesome wall. Toxic to cripple even more and take care of those pesky Ground types that aren't named Gliscor.

Lucario lvl 100
Timid nature, Ability: Steadfast
Item: Life Orb
EV's: 252SpAtk/4SpD/252Sp
Moveset:
Aura Sphere
Nasty Plot
Shadow Ball
Vacuum Wave

Special attacker, covering practically everything with Aura and Shadow while becoming a beast with Nasty Plot. Vacuum Wave (which I've recently discovered is a very difficult move to obtain considering I hate breeding) is a nice priority move.

Tell me what you guys think! What moves should I use? Any changes or improvements? Suggestions? Replacements? Thanks!

Last edited:

Mock Z

Music Guru
Bump with changes explaining a little more about strategy while asking quite convincingly for more help. :D

Yellow De Viridian Grove

I suggest a physical Lucario to be used as another option to pass to if needed. With the speed boost and priority, he'll hit hard.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Steadfast
Adamant (+Atk -Satk)
4Hp / 252Atk / 252Spd
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Ice Punch/Crunch
-Swords Dance/Bullet Bunch

Also, a few things on Rotom. Use Magic Bounce Espeon for Dual Screens. While it isn't as bulky, it has Magic Bounce which means you may have a chance at setting up SR/preventing SR form being set. It also learns Baton pass, so you can get out a pinch and switch to the appropriate pokemon, or let it die for a free switch.

Espeon@ Light Clay/Leftovers
Timid (+Spd -Atk)
Magic Bounce
4Hp/ 252SAtk / 252Spd
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Baton Pass

This not only prevents SR on your field (to an extent), but also provides Dual Screens, so Ninjask may be able to take a random fighting/grass attack and have his sub survive lol

Ilan

Which rotom form are you using? the standard form it really outclassed by a lot of screeners like espeon bronzong tc for screeners use light clay.

on salamance use outrage the power difference is very important the same reason for using fire blast>flamethrower.

while para shuffle dragonite is really good and annoying you already have 2 *4 weakness to ice I would recommend using chansey or ferrothorn for paralyze support. oh and your team would like stealth rock support another reason why you should use bronzong

Mock Z

Music Guru
I suggest a physical Lucario to be used as another option to pass to if needed. With the speed boost and priority, he'll hit hard.

Lucario@ Life Orb
Steadfast
Adamant (+Atk -Satk)
4Hp / 252Atk / 252Spd
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Ice Punch/Crunch
-Swords Dance/Bullet Bunch

Also, a few things on Rotom. Use Magic Bounce Espeon for Dual Screens. While it isn't as bulky, it has Magic Bounce which means you may have a chance at setting up SR/preventing SR form being set. It also learns Baton pass, so you can get out a pinch and switch to the appropriate pokemon, or let it die for a free switch.

Espeon@ Light Clay/Leftovers
Timid (+Spd -Atk)
Magic Bounce
4Hp/ 252SAtk / 252Spd
-Light Screen
-Reflect
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball/Baton Pass

This not only prevents SR on your field (to an extent), but also provides Dual Screens, so Ninjask may be able to take a random fighting/grass attack and have his sub survive lol

Although I like the idea of switching out Sp Lux with a Sp Screen Espeon, I can't help but notice how topheavy my team becomes: three physical attackers, and practically all wall-ishness lost with no support Rotom. Sure, it would be a very powerful build, but considering Ilan's comment about Dragonite's contribution to the 4x Ice weakness, I lose out on his shuffling madness walling out the other team. All-in-all, it's a good suggestion, but I think it's a bit more risky build, and plus I just really don't want to go to the Dream World just to get a Magic Bounce Espeon. Thanks for the options, though!

Mock Z

Music Guru
Which rotom form are you using? the standard form it really outclassed by a lot of screeners like espeon bronzong tc for screeners use light clay.

Not sure. Which form would you suggest? Otherwise, I think I'd replace him with Bronzong.

on salamance use outrage the power difference is very important the same reason for using fire blast>flamethrower.

Done!

while para shuffle dragonite is really good and annoying you already have 2 *4 weakness to ice I would recommend using chansey or ferrothorn for paralyze support. oh and your team would like stealth rock support another reason why you should use bronzong

Wow, thanks for the catch! However, even though both chansey and ferrothorn can keep up the paralyze support, I want to make sure I have the phazing parashuffle option in my back pocket. Can chansey and/or ferrorthorn cover that as well?

So Bronzong moveset is moving a little something like this?:
@Light Clay
Relaxed Nature, Levitate
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock/Explosion
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake

I suppose Ferrothorn can use Stealth Rock as well, though, so He could take that from Bronzong and become a pain with this set:
Ferrothorn
Relaxed Nature @ Leftovers, Iron Barbs
EV's: 252HP/88Def/168SpDef
-Spikes
-Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect

That would make for a really sturdy wall base while at the same time setting up screens and crippling the opponent with Spikes and Stealth Rock, and maybe even a Thunder Wave.

Last edited:

Ilan

Not sure. Which form would you suggest? Otherwise, I think I'd replace him with Bronzong.

Done!

Wow, thanks for the catch! However, even though both chansey and ferrothorn can keep up the paralyze support, I want to make sure I have the phazing parashuffle option in my back pocket. Can chansey and/or ferrorthorn cover that as well?

So Bronzong moveset is moving a little something like this?:
@Light Clay
Relaxed Nature, Levitate
-Reflect
-Light Screen
-Stealth Rock/Explosion
-Gyro Ball/Earthquake

I suppose Ferrothorn can use Stealth Rock as well, though, so He could take that from Bronzong and become a pain with this set:
Ferrothorn
Relaxed Nature @ Leftovers, Iron Barbs
EV's: 252HP/88Def/168SpDef
-Spikes
-Leech Seed/Stealth Rock
-Gyro Ball/Protect/Thunder Wave
-Power Whip/Protect

That would make for a really sturdy wall base while at the same time setting up screens and crippling the opponent with Spikes and Stealth Rock, and maybe even a Thunder Wave.

in OU almost always take rotom-W he have the best typing of all of them and the alterante forms have better bulk (although the base rotom have a nice typing but water also take ice)

explotion was nerfed this generation try not to use it use stealth rock instead

chasey can make lot's of switches with her colossal bulk perfect for paralizing ferrothorn also make switches but you have to have more prediction to know which pokemon have fire moves (chansey is the same with fighting)

this set is a really annoying one it walls entire teams.
Chansey @eviolite
252 HP, 252 defense, 4 special defense
Bold
Natural cure
-Heal Bell (egg move)
-Thunder Wave (TM)
-Soft Boiled (lvl)
-Sesmic toss/night shade/toxic

heal bell heals statuses of your whole team very useful
Thunder wave you know
Soft boiled is annoying as hell instant recovery
sesmic toss and night shade if you can get one from gen 3 if not toxic for ground types not called gliscor
or you can use blissey with leftovers and the same set with ice beam on the last move slot (because of ground types)

Mock Z

Music Guru
I think I'm going to take the Chansey build instead of Ferrothorn and give the Stealth Rock to Bronzong. Although Rotom is nice, I think I like Bronzong with light clay as more of an OU screener. Do you think he would be a better choice over Rotom-W?
It's gonna be a bit of a challange getting a Heal Bell Chansey, seeing as I'll have to somehow invest in a Skitty which is one of the only pokemon I don't have right now....Trade Forums! But Heal Bell is such a boss move, it would be stupid not to invest in it.

Mock Z

Music Guru
Couple tweaks here and there with some overall changes. Decided to go with Bronzong and Chansey Support Wall team after all. I really like the annoying crippling options that the two give hand-in-hand. :D Any more adjustments?