• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

NineVenaZard Core Sunny Day RMT

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
;038; Ninetales (M) @ Power Belt
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 129 Defense/ 129 Sp. Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -SpE)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hypnoisis
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast

To start off the sunny core, the most reliable non uber sun starter was an obvious lead for my team. I maxed defense and gave a + Def. to give him a chanse to survive super effective hits, which were mainly on the physical spectrum. Power belt increases defense while halfing speed, to ensure i move last to set up my weather. Solar beam and fire blast for great coverage, and will-o-wisp and toxic to punish physical and special attackers, respectfully.

;003;Venusaur (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- SolarBeam
- Growth
- Sleep Powder
As long as sun is in play, venasaur is BEAST. I've always wanted to use him competitivly but decided to use torterra>venasaur. Anyway, Sludge bomb and solar beam for STABS. I always start with sleep powder, growth (+2 SpA/Attk in sun), then sludge bomb/solar beam. As long as sun is in play, he is a beast, but once sun is gone, he cant do much.

Forteress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic Spikes

Staraptor (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Recklass
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+SpE, -SpA)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Roost
replaced wooguro. im familiar with this set, as i used it last gen

File:635.png
Sazandora (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SPA, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Surf
We all need an overkill pokemon, right? Well, here he is. He does insainly high damage with his high base SpA and choice specs. Draco meteor and dark pulse for stab, fire blast for coverage, and im not sure with u-turn, it needs fixed.
;006;Charizard (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Air Slash
- Dragon Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
Speeking of overkill, heres the final member of the nine-vena-zard core. Just like venasaur, heis ruined without the sun. Air slash and fireblast for STAB, and dragon pulse and solar beam for coverage.

Last edited:

:wub:disc

more like :mam:anbou
fix up your natures, in particular Wargle (brave with 252 speed) and Sazandora (special attacking with the worst possible nature).

personally i prefer physical attacking Venusaur even in sun, despite the weaker attack stat it can easily boost it with Sleep Powder + SD and it has a base 120 attack that doesn't rely on sun constantly being up (which in this metagame you definitely can't do), albeit with the loss of accuracy.

what is Wargle doing? gets absolutely zero boosts from the sun. it resists... ground, ghost and grass, none of which pose you any problems due to Sazandora. get a Hihidaruma or something

093.gif

Last edited:

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
fix up your natures, in particular Wargle (brave with 252 speed) and Sazandora (special attacking with the worst possible nature).

personally i prefer physical attacking Venusaur even in sun, despite the weaker attack stat it can easily boost it with Sleep Powder + SD and it has a base 120 attack that doesn't rely on sun constantly being up (which in this metagame you definitely can't do), albeit with the loss of accuracy.

what is Wargle doing? gets absolutely zero boosts from the sun. it resists... ground, ghost and grass, none of which pose you any problems due to Sazandora. get a Hihidaruma or something

093.gif
yea, just some po misclicks with the natures. ill try physical saur, but i kinda like wargle, hes came through alot for me
but ill try the other guy

Animation

Banned
You should try scarfing your Sazandora and use a Naive nature, and the attacks are fine. As for Ninetailes I really don't know what that current item you're using does but try using life orb on it with Fire blast(Or Overheat/Flamethrower)/Solar Beam/Dark Pulse/Hp ground. That's all the pointers I can give you at the moment. I hope they help.

RoseSymphony

Cloud Princess
Power Belt does NOT increase Defense, but rather it adds +4 EVs to the Defense stat during an outside battle, making it useless competitively. I understand why you'd want Ninetales to be slower, but honestly I find it a waste. Why would you sacrifice such an important part of your team just to set up a weather effect that wouldn't even last if the opponent's weather inducer wasn't in the lead spot? Worst case scenario, you could always switch out to a counter and switch back in again later when you need the sun.

I'm not very good at giving specific sets, though, so I hope that you'll take what I say and apply it as necessary.

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
You should try scarfing your Sazandora and use a Naive nature, and the attacks are fine. As for Ninetailes I really don't know what that current item you're using does but try using life orb on it with Fire blast(Or Overheat/Flamethrower)/Solar Beam/Dark Pulse/Hp ground. That's all the pointers I can give you at the moment. I hope they help.
no, its not an attacking nintales, its a support ninetales

Power Belt does NOT increase Defense, but rather it adds +4 EVs to the Defense stat during an outside battle, making it useless competitively. I understand why you'd want Ninetales to be slower, but honestly I find it a waste. Why would you sacrifice such an important part of your team just to set up a weather effect that wouldn't even last if the opponent's weather inducer wasn't in the lead spot? Worst case scenario, you could always switch out to a counter and switch back in again later when you need the sun.

I'm not very good at giving specific sets, though, so I hope that you'll take what I say and apply it as necessary.

its just easier the way i have it :/

no, its not an attacking nintales, its a support ninetales

Then in that case I recommend you try out Hypnosis. Kinda unreliable due to its low accuracy, but sleep is a very useful status condition for a leading Pokemon like Ninetails.

its just easier the way i have it :/

But Power Belt is really doing nothing to help. Bringing a weather inducer as a lead is not necessary for weather teams, so you might not be taking advantage of being slower than the opponent's weather activator much anyways.

Other than that, your Ninetails will actually benefit more as far as bulk by maxing out its HP first. Also, I really think that you should run Timid nature with 252 Spe EVs. This will give you a good chance of putting an opponent's lead to sleep before they can react. Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp will give you a good method of inflicting useful status on the opponent's sweepers. And change the item, too. I recommend Leftovers for a supporting set.

On Gigaiasu, go with Stealth Rock over Explosion. Explosion no longer halves the opponent's defenses, so it's not near as useful or powerful as last generation. And an offensive team like yours will enjoy the extra OHKOs and 2HKOs offered by Stealth Rock. Also, if a Curse set isn't doing you any good then you could try a Rock Polish set instead. I've witnessed a couple on Sandstorm teams and they're pretty impressive. You don't have Sandstorm on your team, but it's worth consideration.

One last thing, I second Hihidaruma over Wargle. Hope this helps! And good luck with your team!

windsong

WEST SIDE
Stealth Rock > This team.
Fit some sort of spinner in, preferably an Offensive Rapid Spin Doryuuzu, who gives you a viable answer to sand teams, and lets you spin.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Bringing a weather inducer as a lead is not necessary for weather teams, so you might not be taking advantage of being slower than the opponent's weather activator much anyways.

Tyranitar and hippo leads in OU, kyogre and groudon leads in Ubers. Not neccesary, but nothing wrong.

Anyway, I'm recommending a tentacruel. It can spin and it fits the FWG core. It is bulky and it can also set up its own spikes. It isn't offensive so the sun won't really matter (unlike starmie).

Either that, or forry as a steel. Over that gigiasu thing..

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
Then in that case I recommend you try out Hypnosis. Kinda unreliable due to its low accuracy, but sleep is a very useful status condition for a leading Pokemon like Ninetails.
yea, i had that originaly, maby ill swap toxic for it

But Power Belt is really doing nothing to help. Bringing a weather inducer as a lead is not necessary for weather teams, so you might not be taking advantage of being slower than the opponent's weather activator much anyways.
my thinking with that is with his bulk, he can take a hit and then hit back, like a tank, and he ALWAYS gets up weather, which is a huge +1 for this team

Other than that, your Ninetails will actually benefit more as far as bulk by maxing out its HP first. Also, I really think that you should run Timid nature with 252 Spe EVs. This will give you a good chance of putting an opponent's lead to sleep before they can react. Hypnosis and Will-O-Wisp will give you a good method of inflicting useful status on the opponent's sweepers. And change the item, too. I recommend Leftovers for a supporting set.
im keepin the items, but ill max the HP

On Gigaiasu, go with Stealth Rock over Explosion. Explosion no longer halves the opponent's defenses, so it's not near as useful or powerful as last generation. And an offensive team like yours will enjoy the extra OHKOs and 2HKOs offered by Stealth Rock. Also, if a Curse set isn't doing you any good then you could try a Rock Polish set instead. I've witnessed a couple on Sandstorm teams and they're pretty impressive. You don't have Sandstorm on your team, but it's worth consideration.

REALLY!?!?!?! i didnt kno that. ill change him up
One last thing, I second Hihidaruma over Wargle. Hope this helps! And good luck with your team!
maby, i kinda like wargle and 3 fire types is kinda overdoing it

Stealth Rock > This team.
Fit some sort of spinner in, preferably an Offensive Rapid Spin Doryuuzu, who gives you a viable answer to sand teams, and lets you spin.
stealth rock is nowheere near as common this gen

Tyranitar and hippo leads in OU, kyogre and groudon leads in Ubers. Not neccesary, but nothing wrong.

Anyway, I'm recommending a tentacruel. It can spin and it fits the FWG core. It is bulky and it can also set up its own spikes. It isn't offensive so the sun won't really matter (unlike starmie).

Either that, or forry as a steel. Over that gigiasu thing..
what fwg core?

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Is that all you got from what I said? FWG is fire water grass, which is an effective defensive core.

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
ik, but when did i ever mention i wanted a fwg core?

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
no, but when did i ever mention having/wanting a fwg core?
its a charizard-ninetales-venasaur core

windsong

WEST SIDE
No, seriously, good players use rocks. And there are still a couple of viable setters which are really good in this gen, like Gliscor (basically the second best, if not the best Doryuuzu counter out there), Hippowdon, Nattorei, Iwaparesu, and Forretress. And the majority of teams out there run rocks.

And on the fwg core thing, even though fwg cores aren't really good in this meta, Calze had a good point in suggesting it, since it's a pretty viable defensive fallback for your Hyper Offense team, and you seemed rather unintelligent for disregarding it so quickly by saying simply that you didn't want it on your team.

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
hyper offense?
gigigasu and nintales are not offensive
and im gonna put rocks on gigigasu, i just didnt update it yet.
i and am most certiantly NOT uniteligent, i am one of the few percentile of my state (Under 15%) to get advanced on both the english and math comprehensive state test. u said yourself, FWG isnt viable in OU. maby UU

Last edited:

windsong

WEST SIDE
Gigigasu doesn't really have much place on this team, tbh, other than soaking repeated Stone Edges from TTar and Dory, and Ninetails just isn't really viable, so any set can really work for it, as it won't be doing much. But sun offense should be hyper offensive, since the main Pokes that take advantage of the power boost are offensively oriented.

And I never said that FWG cores weren't viable in this meta, just that they aren't as good as other cores.

And i never stated outright that you were unintelligent, just that you came across as so for disregarding Calze's comment when he's a far more experienced competitive battler than you are.

Also, get a spinner on this team plx.

sqwat500

Fire Trainer
Gigigasu doesn't really have much place on this team, tbh, other than soaking repeated Stone Edges from TTar and Dory, exactly, its a defensive fource to fall back on, and its not like i have limited weather thanks to ninetales

and Ninetails just isn't really viable, so any set can really work for it, as it won't be doing much.
so permanant sun isnt viable? definetly
But sun offense should be hyper offensive, since the main Pokes that take advantage of the power boost are offensively oriented.
do you know how powerfull charizard, venasuar, and the special-dragon guy are?

And I never said that FWG cores weren't viable in this meta, just that they aren't as good as other cores.

exactly. why use somthing that is outclassed?

And i never stated outright that you were unintelligent, just that you came across as so for disregarding Calze's comment when he's a far more experienced competitive battler than you are.
mhmm. and exacatly how do yo know this?

windsong

WEST SIDE
so permanant sun isnt viable? definetly

With the huge amount of sandstorm thanks to hugely threatening new Pokemon like Randorosu and Doryuuzu, no, Perma-Sun isn't that good. But yeah, it's still viable. Just not without a spinner if you're relying on Charizard, Wooguru, and Ninetails, all of which are rocks weak (in Charizard's case, 4x rocks weak)

do you know how powerfull charizard, venasuar, and the special-dragon guy are?

Yeah, I do. I've tested all three, and what I can say is that Charizard absolutely sucks without spin support, Sazando isn't going to be as good as it can be until Darkrai gets chucked into the banned list on PO, due to the huge number of Fighting types, and Venosaur just isn't that good in this meta in general, with an underwhelming 100 base Special Attack, especially when running a set that's designed for gen 4 UU play.

exactly. why use somthing that is outclassed?

Because it's way better than what you currently have on your team. Because no one's suggested anything else yet. Because it'll improve your team anyways, so you may as well use it.

mhmm. and exacatly how do yo know this?

Because you aren't using a Rapid Spinner on a team that's got three Pokemon rocks weak, one of them 4x so. Because you're using a team that fails against Doryuuzu. Because you're running sun in a metagame where it's just not as good as was hyped, seeing as Sand is the more efficient and dominant weather threat in the metagame.

Last edited:
Hey, you really should listen to epic_eevee. He is one of the people left on this forum who knows what he's talking about.

So right now you need:

1. Better sweepers. Venasaur just isn't going to cut it in OU, sadly. Now I like Charizard. A Zard like yours (only with Modest nature) can 2HKO Evo Stone Chansey. So he's powerful, but to support him you need...

2. A Rapid Spinner, and right now Doryuuzu is definitely a logical choice. As EE said, your team will get hurt if it meets a common SStorm team (and rain, btw), and Dory is an excellent counter and spinner.

3. Entry Hazards. Sun especially is made for Hyper Offence, as most Pokemon can't take advantage of it defensively like rain, sstorm, and hail teams. Entry hazards are very important for offense.

4. Dual Screens. More of just a thought, but a lot of HO teams that I have fought and used have made good use of DSs to help protect sweepers.

5. Rock and Dragon resist. With such a powerful generation, you are going to probably appreciate having something that can take Rock and Dragon type attacks with ease so that Pokemon like Ononokusu and DD Tyranitar don't walk all over you. Jirachi tends to make a good contender because it can offer Wish support for your sweepers, as well as heal itself to make for an even better resistor.

Just a few thoughts for what you should put on your to-do list.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Maybe you should remove that last line of your sig jesus. Still, what I said about tenta or forry would be good. They can get entry hazards up as well as spin them away. Charizard starting on 50% when it switches in isn't a good sign.