• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ninja Dewott's Team of Pure Awesomness!!!

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Warning! The following RMT contains high levels of awesomeness. For your own safety you are advised to wear protective eye-gear such as sunglasses or ski goggles. Ninja Dewott cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage to your eyes! You have been warned!

You've not put sunglasses on have you? You're not taking me seriously, are you? Go and put some on! Now! No, stop sitting there! .... Fine, fine. They're your eyes...​

Yo, Ninja Dewott here with my first RMT on this here island of pokemonness in a sea of internetness! This is a team which I am going to use to take over the world. Or, failing that, destroy the teams of everyone in my clan, on serebii and on PO.

Team at a Glance:

Haha, made you look! ;)

Here is how I devised this most devastating of teams.

502.gif

First I added Dewott, because dewott is cool!

212.gif

But then I realised that Dewott isn't very good in the competetive metagame, so I replaced it with something awesome Scizor! Argghhh! My eyeballs!

212.gif
229.gif

Then I added something to absorb fire attacks aimed at Mr.Scizor. The reason why this isn't a Heatran or Chandelure is that my clan requires me to use a pokemon from the Johto region (not counting Scizor) and this is it.

212.gif
229.gif
038.gif
470.gif
586_w.gif

Then I added some sun-team potential because 'sun' is easier to spell than 'sand' or 'rain'

212.gif
229.gif
038.gif
470.gif
586_w.gif
399.gif

I then added bidoof for the banter.

212.gif
229.gif
038.gif
470.gif
586_w.gif
149.gif

I then replaced bidoof with Dragonite because banter doesn't win you matches.

Anyways. Grab your sunglasses and hold on tight! It's the team in detail!!

212.gif

Scizor @ Life Orb
Technician
Adamant
EVS: 252 ATT / 180 HP / 76 SPEED
Moves:
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- Aerial Ace

This thing is so awesome it's unreal!! I've 6-0 with this guy so many times! And all the other times he carves a large hole in the enemy's team like a large, hot carving knife would carve a whole in some of that easily spreadable butter! All of those moves are pretty much self explanatory, except aerial ace. I know many prefer roost, but I like the extra coverage provided.

Read on, if you still have some eyeballs:

229.gif

Houndoom @ Focus Sash
Flash Fire
Timid
EVS: 252 SP.A / 252 SPEED / 4HP
Moves:
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Counter

So the idea with this chap is, aside from taking fire attacks, is to either set up with nasty plot then sweep with STABs or simply counter a phsyical attacker. This is a real life line if I have something like Scrafty or Gyrados that has managed to set up on my team. He can also sit and fetch sticks!

Make sure you have some sun-cream on....

038.gif

9tales @ Leftovers
Drought
Timid
EVS: 252 SPEED / 148 SP.A / 108 DEF
Moves:
- Will-o-wisp
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- HP Ice

So 9tales's main role it to set up weather, however it can also stall, with calm mind and will-o-wisp and also sweep with flamethrower and solarbeam, with help from calm mind boosts. Need help deciding item though.

470.gif

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant
EVS: 252 ATT / 156 HP / 100 SPEED
Moves:
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- X-scissor
-Synthesis

Leafeon is so awesome and cute. I'd love to have a pet leafeon! Wouldn't you. Then we could, like, play in the sun together, and it would be very fast. Anyway: Leafeon is a great sun sweeper: it has high attack, a good STAB and is bulky enough to get a swords dance in a lot of the time, and also make use of synthesis. X scissor is coverage. However, I don't find myself using synthesis often, so I'm extra open to suggestions for replacements.

586_w.gif

Sawsbuck @ Life Orb
Chlorophyll
Adamant
EVS: 252 ATT / 160 HP / 96 SPEED
Moves:
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Horn Leech
- Jump Kick

Similar to leafeon in so many ways, including I'd like a pet one... Anyway: sawsbuck's less bulky so normally requires a switch to SD, but that's no problem. Sawsbuck does have advantages that it has dual STABs, a way of recovering life orb recoil and attacking at the same time and also I can yell "Underestimate not the Normal Type!" Jump Kick is coverage.

149.gif

Dragonite @ Muscle Band
Multiscale
Jolly
EVS: 252 ATT / 160 SPEED / 98 HP
Moves:
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch

Standard DDnite. Dragon Dance to set up, helped my multiscale. Dragon Claw for STAB, Fire Punch for steels and roost for recovery and hopefully activating multiscale again.

(Changes are in bold)

You fell for it AGAIN! Tch!

SO. THERE. YOU. HAVE. IT.

THANKS. FOR. READING.

RMT AWAY!

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

I have to say that this is the most fun to read RMT that I've ever seen.

I have quite a few comments, so I've spoilered them:

Haha! Taste of your own medicine Ninja Dewott ;)

....Overall. Very good team nice work!
However, I would replace solarbeam on Nintales for HP Ice because you have plenty of grass coverage already.

Last edited:

Sakuma

I've tried the sawsbuck thing before. Too many weaknesses and to little defence. Howndoom is the same so. thats about it

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
I've tried the sawsbuck thing before. Too many weaknesses and to little defence. Howndoom is the same so. thats about it
Sawsbuck doesn't need defense, it hits fast and it hits hard. True, it dies to Mach Punch, but most Mach Punches are easily predictable. And, I've explained why I have to use houndoom. For out of clan purposes I'll use Chandelure, but I'd like advice on Houndoom.

Scizor needs pursuit. The ninjas always prevent their foes escape.

Psycho Cut

Oh, one more thing, ND. You probably need a spinner in there. But where you'll fit it, I have no idea.

Soperman

The One and Only
After Scizor I put on some sunglasses. The awesomeness was blinding.

I would replace counter on houndoom, as its feeble defenses won't let it survive to counter anyway. Maybe Solarbeam? I dunno, your choice.
For Leafeon, you could replace Synthesis for Return, but that would make him too much like Sawsbuck huh...

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
@Pokemoario: A Ninja never lets his opponents escape for long

@Soperman: Houndoom has a focus sash so he will always survive a physical attack when he's on full HP

PokefanTez

Use Leftovers for your Ninetales. That will help with survivability, since after a few turns you will have restored much more than the 30 HP the berry would give you.