• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ninja Offence (RU) Peaked #133

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Ninja Offence (RU) Peaked #104

Ninja-Offence.gif

Greetings! Salutations! Yes, once again it's me, your friendly neighbourhood Ninja back with another RMT from the much-beloved RU tier. You probably have noticed the banner for this RMT, this was a way of advertising Triple Z's upcoming art shop (I have to do this: Triple Z is awesome, cool, sexy ya di ya di ya....) and also getting across the point of my RMT. Besides, all the good RMTs have banners.

(The Thread Title is a lie. I have actually peaked at #104)

Allow me to explain a little more of the theme of the team. If you haven't already guessed, this team is a hyper offence team. For those of you who know me, you'll know that I dont like hyper offence however, this is no longer the case. Whilst following someone's advice to 'Know your Enemy' to get better at battling (trying out all different types of teams to see how they work and how best to counter them) I sorta fell in love with Hyper Offence. I noticed that it's not the mindless sweeping that I once thought it was. Indeed, if the initial screens + set up goes tits up, you have a large disadvantage and it turns into a game of high prediction. Which is good. So for that reason, Hyper Offence is now acceptable in my eyes :D. Besides, in RU, it's a very different thing, I've only ever encountered one other team besides mine n RU that is Hyper Offence. The surprise factor is fun, and it also helps in winning.

This team has done, in my opinion, rather well indeed. It's peaked #104 on Smogon (Yes people, Smogon :O ) which I find rather impressive (If you don't, then shut up, you would have found this impressive at one point ;) ) but I hope that with some RMT advice from you guys I can make it into double digits.

You'll also have noticed that so far, this RMT has been very serious which is very unusual for me. Fear not, for if you take the first letter of every sentence, along with the 3rd letter of each 5th word in a sentence, you get the first few lines of a very silly song.

Oh, one more thing, there's a Ninja hidden somewhere in this RMT (not in the banner) see if you can find him!

I was just kidding about the song thing. Have an army of Watchogs. The Ninja is real though.

:505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505::505:

Team Building!

254.gif

I started with Sceptile because it's a Ninja. It's also very good in RU with it's high speed and great movepool.

254.gif
139.gif

I then added Omastar, another great RU sweeper. I hoped the synergy between it and Sceptile would allow either of them to set up.

254.gif
139.gif
479.gif

There was, however, no fighting resist between the two. I originally wanted to add Dusknoir, but I decided to try something a little different, so I added in plain ol' Rotom.

254.gif
139.gif
479.gif
123.gif
475.gif

Whilst pondering the best moveset for Rotom, I noticed it can learn Dual Screens, so I decided to turn this into a Hyper Offence team. So, without really thinking, I chucked in two mre set up sweepers, Scyther and Gallade.

254.gif
139.gif
479.gif
123.gif
475.gif
474.gif

Then I added a revenge killer to 'mop-up' and the first version of the team was complete.

254.gif
139.gif
479.gif
549.gif
475.gif
474.gif

I quickly found that, although the team was good, it had an unfortunate habit of spontaneously imploding whenever it encoutered status. So, I looked to see if there was any set up sweeper in RU that also learned Heal Bell or Aromatherapy. Fortunately, there is such a pokemon: Lilligant. I replaced Sycther, who was the least effective of my sweepers.

254.gif
139.gif
518.gif
549.gif
475.gif
474.gif

This still didn't solve my problem, as having to switch to Lilligant all the time lost the momentum. So I devised a cunning plan to stop hazards reaching me first thing: set up a substitute along with dual screens then pass it! Musharna can do all this so in it went!

254.gif
139.gif
518.gif
549.gif
306.gif
474.gif

However, my team was very weak to Honchkrow, who Sucker Punched and Brave Birded it's way through my team. BRAVE BIRD EVERYTHING! The only way I could defeat it was to play complicated mindgames, or to 'mindf**k' my opponent. So I added Aggron, a sweeper who resisted Honckrow's attacks. I replaced Gallade, who had come the least effective of my sweepers.

254.gif
139.gif
518.gif
549.gif
601.gif
474.gif

Aggron countered Honckrow very nicely, but it's x4 weakness to fighting and ground was a massive hindrance. So I swapped it with another steel set up sweeper with good defence: Klingklang.

254.gif
139.gif
518.gif
549.gif
601.gif
057.gif

Klingklang indeed countered Honckrow just as well, but it really didn't deliver elsewhere thanks to its shallow movepool. So, I turned to another way of countering that damn Honchkrow: Resisting its Sucker Punches, but outspeeding its Brave Birds, ie a scarved fighting, dark or steel type. I settled on Primeape.

254.gif
139.gif
518.gif
549.gif
160.gif
057.gif

As for Klingklang's replacement, I tested numerous sweepers, but finally settled on DD Feraligatr. The Team was complete.

Team In Detail!

175px-518Musharna.png

Mushy (Musharna) (M) @ Light Clay
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 124 HP / 180 Def / 204 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Substitute
- Baton Pass

Musharna is here, obviously to set up screens, which its fantastic bulk allows it to do so. After that, if it still has enough HP, Musharna creates one of her collosal substitutes, which is not even broken by Seismic Toss, then passes it to one of my sweepers to help them set up and avoid status. The given EVs maximise Musharna's defences as much as possible, making sure its SDef is one higher so Porygon-Z gets an attack boost, whilst still allowng it t create 101 HP Subs

170px-254Sceptile.png

Look!ANinja! (Sceptile) (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Unburden
EVs: 74 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Earthquake
- Night Slash

Sceptile is a Ninja, therefore it is awesome. Even by the standard of Ninjas, it is awesome. Frankly, it shouldn't be in RU. But then again, every Ninja pokemon should be in their own tier: The Ninja Tier. But that's for another time. Onto the set. This set is Devious with an Upper Case D. First, I swords dance, boosting my attack to truly Ninjarfic levels, then, as my opponent hits me (doing pitiful damage under screens), they are ejected by the Red Card. The Red Card is used up and, voila, I have my +2 Unburden Boost along with my +2 Attack Boost. It may sound gimmicky to you, but believe me, it works. It means that I don' have to sacrifice a moveslot fo thinngs like fake out (+normal gem) and can instead concentrate on getting better coverage. Also, it removes the rist of being outsped by scarvers before I can dith my item, as is the risk with combos like acrobatics + flying gem. Leaf Blade is a powerful STAB with a trolololingly high critical hit ratio, Earthquake is a powerful coverage attack and Night Slash is mre coverage, allowing me to hit Dusknoir and Cofagrigus and dispatch them, provided I'm behind a sub. The EVs and Nature maximise bulk and attacking power whilst still allowing Sceptile to outspeed pratically everything else in the tier after the unburden boost, even +3 Speed Boost Sharpedo!

190px-139Omastar.png

Dead Sweepy (Omastar) (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Omastar is a truly excellent sweeper. After one Shell Smash it outspeeds all but the fastest scaarvers and OHKOs all but the most dedicated of special walls with its outstanding coverage. The white herb allows it to regain its great defences after one Shell Smash, and increases the chances I can get another Shell Smash in, at which point it's probably GG. Surf and HP Rock give Omastar powerful, reliable dual STABs and Ice Beam is coverage. I've maxed out speed because Omastar isn't very fast in the first place.

139px-549Lilligant.png

QuiverInFear (Lilligant) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 156 Def / 252 SAtk / 100 Spd
- Quiver Dance
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Although Lilligant's sweeping capabilities are often overshadowed by that of Omastar and Sceptile, she remains a valuble addition to the team. Aromatherapy is the key move here, keeping all my team in fighting shape and often allowing her to get more Quiver Dances in becase the opponent thinks she's crippled. Giga Drain is a strong reliable STAB that also acts as recovery and HP Fire is coverage. The EVs make her known as 'Bulky Quiver Dance' meaning she still outspeeds all of the non-scarved metagame bar Accelgor with one Quiver Dance, and can also take hits. I have however, moved the 156 HP EVs over to Defence, since Special Defence is sorted by Quiver Dance and it will help protect her from physical priority like Mach Punch.

150px-160Feraligatr.png

GATOR (Feraligatr) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 28 HP / 252 Atk / 228 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

RAWR! It's Feraligatr. Feraligatr is a great sweeper, thanks to its brilliant set up move, great attack and good bulk. The 28 HP EVs and leftovers make Feraligatr hard to KO, especially when behind screens whilst maximising attack and, like Lilligant, outspeed all the non-scarved metagame barring Accelgor. Waterfall is a powerful, reliable STAB and the other two moves offer excellent coverage. I am considering giving this more bulk, though.

170px-057Primeape.png

Peed Off (Primeape) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Vital Spirit
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Primeape really is a great revenge killer, and he's great for finishing off the tatters of my opponents team that my sweepers have left. It has high speed, high attack and a great movepool. Close Combat is the move of choice here, its high power letting it batter its way through opponents teams as I would batter my way through a herd of lions. The other three moves are coverage, U-turn is for scouting. The EVs give it a little extra bulk whilst still allowing it to outspeed scarved Krookodile. One other good niche Primeape has is Vital Spirt, allowing me to switch in on common sleep powder users such as lilligant and force them out of KO.

Threat List Paragraph

Bulky ghosts are one thing this team has trouble with. The only way I can get rid of them is to 2KHO with +2 Sceptile, and even then it has to be behind a sub to prevent it from being will-o-wisp'd. Munchlax also proves to be a slight annoyance. Although Primeape easily revenge kills with CC, it's an easy matter for it to switch out, and come in and annoy my sweepers with whirlwind or body slam in the meantime. Also, hazards teams cause this team a great deal of trouble, I am thinking of replacing Lilligant with Claydol who can spin and lay down hazards of my own, but I'm not so sure. Finally, Ninjas rip through this team (as tthey do everything) like paper, but fourtuantely, you don't see much of them.

Final Comments

NINJAS ARE AWESOME!

Thanks for reading, all comments and critisism are appreciated.​

Last edited:

Jazz™

Not exactly Orthodox
This team is fab in RU, I love it. No feedback needed, it's almost perfect! I would swap Primeape's Choice band for a life orb as it has a great array of moves, but one chance to use them all, and given how frail he is, You don't want to be locked into a move.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
This team is fab in RU, I love it. No feedback needed, it's almost perfect! I would swap Primeape's Choice band for a life orb as it has a great array of moves, but one chance to use them all, and given how frail he is, You don't want to be locked into a move.
Firstly, thanks for the praise! The reason why Primeape has a scarf, and I presume you meant scarf, is because he acts as a revenge killer, which is great for 'mopping up' as I put it. He is also a great counter to Honchkrow.

In other news, I've just reaked a new peak of 118. Who you gonna call?

Last edited:

Soperman

The One and Only
First of all, the team is fantastic. I'm surprised you haven't done better. Then again, it's Smogon.
Anyway, for Feraligatr, maybe take out some EVs from Attack and put them into Hp to make him Bulkier (as he has Adamant and DD anyway)

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
First of all, the team is fantastic. I'm surprised you haven't done better. Then again, it's Smogon.
Anyway, for Feraligatr, maybe take out some EVs from Attack and put them into Hp to make him Bulkier (as he has Adamant and DD anyway)
Thanks! I have actually peaked #104 now! :D Still rising!

Anyway, I'd considered making it bulkier, but the given speed EVs are really important for outspeeding the metagame after 1 DD, I don't want it getting revenged by Sceptile, Archeops etc and I'm not too keen on reducing the Att EVs either...

AlexandriaTheMixed

You A Stupid Hoe.
Well, now you have that weakness to Honchkrow again. Rawr. I was thinking of an Eviolite Bronzor. He can set up your screens and serve as a Physical wall.
Oh, and if you keep Musharna; make it a Female. It looks more girly than manly. :p

Vandslaux

Use U-turn over EQ on Primeape to scout.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
9/10. I love the way you used Red Card on Sceptile. No worries this team will laddering on RU. Try U-turn on Primeape. Good Luck!

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
U-turn on Primeape sounds good guys, thanks. I'll replace Ice Punch though, that way I'll keep quakedge coverage.

@ Quagsire: I've never encountered an eelektross, and I don't think they'd be too much trouble when I'm behind screens

@ Alexandria: Bronzor is a nice idea, but unfortunately, it can't pass subtitutes

Ttar's stone edge

League Legend
Abaolutely amazing. Im bored with OU, and am gonna migrate to Ru/Nu. So much more fun. Great team, good synergy. One quick question, is Ru below Nu or the other way around?

Psycho Cut

RU is above NU. Uber, OU, UU, RU, NU.

Anyway, that is a great team ND. I won't elaborate on the Claydol/Lilligant issue because I don't really know the RU metagame. That said, any HO team I've used never needs the full allotment of sweepers.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but looking at Mush's HP Stat, it won't need all 252 HP EVs to make seismic toss-blocking subs. Perhaps you should invest whatever amount it takes to make its subs 101HP, then put the rest in defences, which should make it tougher

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
Funnily enough, Psycho, someone suggested that to me on Smogon as well. Here's the spread: 124 HP / 180 Def / 204 SDef (Bold) I'm updating that now.

And I'm still unsure about the Claydol thing...

Trait: Chlorophyll/Own tempo
- Quiver Dance
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain/Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]

could be used plus you dont get confused from you best stab but your lilligrant is fine the way iot is

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Good team; the only question I have is how do you deal with Musharna being Taunted? I feel like the lack of an attack might be a little bit of a problem if Taunt is thrown out there while you're setting him up.

Ninja Dewott

Ice Cold Fire
id suggest maybe if youd like a faster sweeper on sceptile, maybe Jolly (+Speed -SpAtk) instead
Nah, with the Unburden boost, it still outspeeds the entire metagame, so more speed is pointless

Trait: Chlorophyll/Own tempo
- Quiver Dance
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain/Petal Dance
- Hidden Power [Fire]

could be used plus you dont get confused from you best stab but your lilligrant is fine the way iot is
It's a nice idea, but i don't like the idea of losing Giga Drain's recovery.

Good team; the only question I have is how do you deal with Musharna being Taunted? I feel like the lack of an attack might be a little bit of a problem if Taunt is thrown out there while you're setting him up.
This is annoying. Generally, I predict and switch to Primeape. But even if I did have an attacking move, Musharna wouldn't do much damage anyway, not without sacrificing too much bulk.