• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ninja Slayer From Animation

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
So, I decided to be a bit more active, so here's a thread about Ninja Slayers

The art looks cool, and I hope Ninja Slayer is good. Maybe not Kill la Kill good, but good enough so that people won't start to call Trigger a bad studio

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Yeah, I'm watching it because of TRIGGER, but that may change if it proves it's worthy enough to stand on its own despite the studio name being attached to it. I don't expect it to be like Kill la Kill or Inferno Cop, but I expect it to still be amazing. I imagine since it'll be streamed online they'll be able to get away with a lot more than they did/could in KLK.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
It's listed as an ONA on MAL, and though it'll be airing in about a week-and-a-half, I think it'll have at least 12 episodes. It might also be 22-24 minutes an episode, but it could have short episodes. I think that would've been announced, though.

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Based TRIGGER have got themselves a good track record as far as I'm concerd, so hopefully they don't start disappointing here.

I imagine since it'll be streamed online they'll be able to get away with a lot more than they did/could in KLK.

Pupa was streamed online, and we all know how much of a censored mess that was.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Pupa was streamed online, and we all know how much of a censored mess that was.

Wait, it was? MAL has it listed under TV, I can't remember anything about it being streamed online... Besides, Studio DEEN has crappy censoring skills. If TRIGGER still has to censor things, they'll most likely censor it in much better, maybe clever ways.

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Luckily I didn't watch any previews when coming into this

And any expectations I had were shattered. Pretty badly

Trigger/10, Trigger strikes again

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Inferno Cop with more one liners, what's not to love?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"I'll burn the image of this afro hair into the retinas of the weak!"

Is that an Afro Samurai reference by any chance, or is that who Shogo's based off of, or whatnot? I don't believe Afro said anything about his afro, but it's the only other afro hair I can think of this side of GAR.

Let's see if TRIGGER delivers next week, this episode was kinda "meh" compared to last week's, even though it's nice to meet new characters. Not sure how I feel about this sudden plot, though, but whatevs.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
The amounts of YEAARTS in this episode were just enough to make me happy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
The amounts of YEAARTS in this episode were just enough to make me happy

Agreed. It also went back to the quality of the first two episodes (not to say episode three was bad, but it just wasn't the same).

I love how Ninja Slayer shows up with ramen and explosions. His best introduction yet.