• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
is there a pic for the 3ds xl?
NEW_3DS_thumb.jpg

You have to buy the AC adapter seperately with this model, according to Kotaku.

Last edited:

ForeverFlame

Hopefully this will get the "I'm not buying a 3DS because they're just going to update it anyway" crowd to shut up and buy one already. Only a couple (three, off the top of my head) significant games even use the CPP, so there's no need for a second circle pad that won't be compatible with most of the games on the system anyway.

EDIT: Though the no AC Adapter thing is kind of messed.

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
WTH the AC plug is sold as a stand alone. Wow this sounds horrible already. At least they skipped out on the 3DS lite this time around.
The 3DS and DSi/XL AC adapters will work with this one, so it's not a big deal. Plus, they're like $5 online.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
The 3DS and DSi/XL AC adapters will work with this one, so it's not a big deal. Plus, they're like $5 online.

Thats $5 on top of $199. I would rather they charge $204.99 than to keep them separate. Especially since first time buyers of Nintendo products won't have the older AC adapters and might not know about it.

Recon

At least we got some Animal Crossing info. THANK GOD!

Recon

Watching America's Nintendo Direct. Fire Emblem further confirmation for 2013 and DLC. NSMB2 coin rush DLC available as well.

BW2 announcement, not like we didn't know that beforehand.

Wait, there's English footage, NEVERMIND!

Homika's English name is Roxie. Fitting.

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Well? I honestly more shocked about the XL now then at E3.

xDoN904™

ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ
Well? I honestly more shocked about the XL now then at E3.
I was expecting the XL to have a 2nd circle pad built in, but i guess i'll just stick with my regular 3DS. Saves me $200 for other things to buy.

Recon

We did? I only watched the english thing and I didnt see anything on it, anything new?

It was on the Japan one. Seems that you start off as the mayor, not slowly become one. Other stuff is old, though it seems the world of Animal crossing is becoming eco-friendly. Solar Panels are available.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
I was a bit miffed about the 3DS XL thing. I mean first a price cut and now a redesign only a year after release? But it looks very...childish. I prefer my Ambassador 3DS but a 90% bigger screen sounds sweet. This is what the 3DS showcase at E3 should've been imo.

xDoN904™

ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹⓎ★ⓈⓅⒺⒺⒹ★ⒷⓄⓎ
I just found out demo games for the 3DS have a usage limit.......................... In these times demos actually have a usage limit.... 30 at that for KH: DDD.........
And it will not reset to 30 if you redownload it again.