• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
3DS XL would be smaller than then Game Pad. Or around the same size if you meant if it's opened up.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer
Hmm, a bigger screen means more vision losing 3D. Why not? I'll get it if I don't hear complaints about the touch screen getting too scratched from the top screen.

Hmm, a bigger screen means more vision losing 3D. Why not? I'll get it if I don't hear complaints about the touch screen getting too scratched from the top screen.

The more pressing issue is the other way around, whether the touch screen border marks or scratches the top screen, which is unlikely seeing as they fixed that with later 3DS models and it looks like it has some nubs to stop that.

Just read that Europe gets it before the US by about 3 weeks, I found that a bit strange but strangely satisfying even if I dont plan to get it on launch.

Last edited:

Blazios

Great, no charger for it?

The charger I got with my 3DS broke the day after launch and they refused to replace it, so I guess I'll have to buy another one before my DSi one gives up the ghost.

gpdlt

Pokemon Trainer

The charger I got with my 3DS broke the day after launch and they refused to replace it, so I guess I'll have to buy another one before my DSi one gives up the ghost.

Are you in North America or Europe? North America gets a charger included.

Blazios

Are you in North America or Europe? North America gets a charger included.

If you haven't heard me annoying everyone by complaining constantly about it, I'm from the UK (WHY HAVE THEY STILL NOT ANNOUNCED CONQUEST).

Though, chargers seem to have gone down in price since the last time I bought one.

Last edited:
I don't see it as too big a deal, I have my Dsi Xl charger and 3DS charger so it doesn't bother me but I find it strange as I wouldn't think that it would affect the cost too badly by just including one.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
NoE has been stepping up while NoA kinda exploded. The reversal is amusing, to say the least.

At least you get the charger included and Pokémon Conquest.

Nintendo of Europe is slipping.

A charger is like five dollars, anyway.

Doesn't matter I expect my console to come with everything that they need in the box.

The 3DSXL needs the charger to recharge it's battery.

It's a flipping rip off.

The charger I got with my 3DS broke the day after launch and they refused to replace it,

You should have reported them to the trading standard since they are legally obligated to replace faulty good that are under one year warranty, unless they can prove that you broke it.

If you haven't heard me annoying everyone by complaining constantly about it, I'm from the UK (WHY HAVE THEY STILL NOT ANNOUNCED CONQUEST).

Because Nintendo of Europe clearly thought that we so wanted a pokémon version of Mavis Becon teaches typing.

Jokes on them since I decided to import it.

Last edited:

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I want Pokemon Conquest in Europe too! And I don't understand why they don't include a charger. As blaze boy said, everything that is needed (a charger is one of the important ones) should be included whether if other chargers can be used or not.

*IZ*

Because of the 3DS XL's screen being bigger, wouldn't it mean that the DS games being played on it will be even more blurrier?

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
I thought that and wouldn't the current 3DS games that are out be blurrier as well or would Nintendo already made them look better on the XL if they planned it before?

Mighty Arceus493

Relentless.
Because of the 3DS XL's screen being bigger, wouldn't it mean that the DS games being played on it will be even more blurrier?

Holding a certain button as a DS game loads up makes the size of the top screen pretty small (The select button I think it was?) so if they keep this with the 3DS XL, I think that the screen would look slightly clearer and better than on the current 3DS's. Otherwise, the screen would be deadly.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
When loading up a DS game with its proper resolution on a 3DS XL it will likely look more closely to playing the same game on a regular DS than the 3DS does, since the 3DS has a much higher PPI.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
So Rayman Origins 3DS has been delayed to November but it looks like it has already been released in some places like Australia. If I were to purchase my copy from there, would it work on a North American 3DS?

Rayman Origins isn't worth getting on the 3DS since the game clearly wasn't made for the 3DS in mind.