• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

GalactaRay

The more pressing issue is the other way around, whether the touch screen border marks or scratches the top screen, which is unlikely seeing as they fixed that with later 3DS models and it looks like it has some nubs to stop that.
If you haven't heard me annoying everyone by complaining constantly about it, I'm from the UK (WHY HAVE THEY STILL NOT ANNOUNCED CONQUEST).

Well a fight between NoA and NoE.NoA takes the lead for pokemon fans but NoE comes back with 3DSXL.:D

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior

BCVM22

It's amazing that someone actually concluded that Nintendo is themselves collectively incapable of brainstorming ideas like "let's color one of our current hardwares to look like an old hardware."

Haunter ゴースト

I haven't bought a 3DS, but im debating on getting the 3DS XL when it's released.

It's alright having Nintendo say it's bigger and better etc. but coming from the fans/gamers, would it be better to get the 3DS, or the 3DS?

Please, go ahead and list the pros and cons of each, it's help me out and would be appreciated.

Aurath8

I haven't bought a 3DS, but im debating on getting the 3DS XL when it's released.

It's alright having Nintendo say it's bigger and better etc. but coming from the fans/gamers, would it be better to get the 3DS, or the 3DS?

Please, go ahead and list the pros and cons of each, it's help me out and would be appreciated.

get the 3DS, or the 3DS?

It's a tough choice, but I'm going with the 3DS.

In all seriousness:

3DS
Pros: More portable, crisper graphics, Cheaper
Cons: Lower battery life

3DS XL
Pros: Bigger battery life
Cons: Blurrier graphics, more expensive

Everything else is down to opinion, such as the slightly different design, doesn't really make a difference, such as there being no charger with the XL, or we just don't know.

Arcamenel

Shiny Hunter
It's amazing that someone actually concluded that Nintendo is themselves collectively incapable of brainstorming ideas like "let's color one of our current hardwares to look like an old hardware."

Is that sarcasm?

As for the 3DS or 3DS XL question, it really comes down to if a bigger handheld would be better for you personally. You are literally only getting about 1.5 hour more battery life if you play 3DS games with power saver on and low brightness. There is also the fact that on a bigger screen things aren't going to be as sharp.

Last edited:

PokeTrainerJay

High in the Sky
Personally I would go for the 3DS over the 3DS XL but if you like the look/colour of the XL then go for that. Aurawarrior8 basically said the Pros and Cons.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
I wonder how did they manage to extend the battery life of 3DS XL, considering that a higher screen size is definitely taking a toll on the battery life.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Well a fight between NoA and NoE.NoA takes the lead for pokemon fans but NoE comes back with 3DSXL.:D

No they didn't.

Nintendo of America is winning since they are offering the 3DSXL with the charger and cradle.

All Nintendo of Europe is offering is a typing game and 3DSXL without the charger.

Hell we still have no words about the Kirby anniversary collection game.

It's amazing just how you're putting words in people mouth.

They never stated that Nintendo is themselves collectively incapable of brainstorming ideas.

Just buy the 3DS since you will have to pay an extra £5-10 to buy the charger.

I wonder how did they manage to extend the battery life of 3DS XL, considering that a higher screen size is definitely taking a toll on the battery life.

Since the 3DS is bigger Nintendo can put a bigger size battery in.

Beside the battery life is only extended by 1.5 hours.

Thing is, at least Americans are also getting the 3DSXL, there's an actual chance that we in Europe aren't getting Conquest at all and I don't want to pirate games.

Just import the Australian version, since from my research it work on a European 3DS.

Crimsonlink

Crimson Champion
It's a tough choice, but I'm going with the 3DS.

In all seriousness:

3DS
Pros: More portable, crisper graphics, Cheaper
Cons: Lower battery life

3DS XL
Pros: Bigger battery life
Cons: Blurrier graphics, more expensive

Everything else is down to opinion, such as the slightly different design, doesn't really make a difference, such as there being no charger with the XL, or we just don't know.

Wait how do you know its going to be blurrier graphics? As for the more expensive part, its only $30 bucks more for a bigger size and marginally better battery.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Wait how do you know its going to be blurrier graphics?

I assume he's talking about the DS games being blurrier.

As for the more expensive part, its only $30 bucks more for a bigger size and marginally better battery.

This pretty much.

If you are European or Japanese and don't own a 3DS/DSi/DSiXL you would be better off getting the 3DS.

BCVM22

It's amazing just how you're putting words in people mouth.

They never stated that Nintendo is themselves collectively incapable of brainstorming ideas.

That doesn't indicate to you a belief that Nintendo has to prowl fanart sites for hardware edition ideas?

Larger system = larger battery, one would assume.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Really? Blurrier graphics on the XL compared to the original? Some games I can understand but what about titles like Kid Icarus:Uprising? In some cut scenes, some characters seem to be made of pixels as opposed to a 3D model. Would the XL fix this?

BCVM22

The XL is not going to "fix" anything. Again, it is literally little else besides screens that are larger in size but at the same resolution.