• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

BCVM22

Well you are basically only a few inches away when playing the DS, while with regular TVs you're ideally standing a few feet away. So in regards to perspective I'm not really seeing a difference.

And I don't see why that would be a bad thing either, I don't see why the quality (graphics) of a game should suffer just because the screens are small.

Think of it this way, watching movies in theaters is definitely a better experience but that's not stopping someone from buying a DVD and watching it on a much smaller screen.

My point was that as the quality of the graphics grows but the display size doesn't, you lose visible detail, even if it's still there graphically.

I'll put it this way: if you took the best-looking title from the GameCube library and played it on a 4-inch screen, you don't think you'd lose some of the visible detail and intricacy of the graphics?

Just food for thought.

ForeverFlame

The GBA is dead, sorry to break it to you guys. There's absolutely no reason for Nintendo to include them in the 3DS, and if they did, it would be by Virtual Console (so they can force you to buy your entire game catalogue all over again, yay!).

natie

Mr. F
What exactly do you deem to be "precise" because if we're going reaction time here buttons react much quicker than analog sticks. Analog stick allow for greater movement, other than that there's not much.
Yeah, that's what I meant.

dman_dustin

My point was that as the quality of the graphics grows but the display size doesn't, you lose visible detail, even if it's still there graphically.

I'll put it this way: if you took the best-looking title from the GameCube library and played it on a 4-inch screen, you don't think you'd lose some of the visible detail and intricacy of the graphics?

Just food for thought.

Perhaps but I really doubt they'd just port gamecube games over to the 3DS if it was capable of those graphics. They'd probably change a few things to make it look better for the handheld console. I mean super mario 64 DS looks pretty fine by being on a DS. Something similar (gamecube game wise) on the 3DS wouldn't be bad either.

I think as long as the game plays smoothly, I'm not sure the loss of detail would be that bad. And who knows since this is a 3DS were talking about any loss of details on a bigger screen would be made up for the "3D without glasses" part especially if it's anything like that one video of the DSIWare game of using the camera as a head tracking thing giving it sort of a 3D feel.

BM14murph

Master Collector
Obviously not the first to say this but it looks Gen 5 is gonna be in 3d!!

For anyone who doubted it i now have evidence......My sig says it all...i've been rolling with this idea since Gen 5 announcement.....oh yessss....i'm so happy

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Obviously not the first to say this but it looks Gen 5 is gonna be in 3d!!

For anyone who doubted it i now have evidence......My sig says it all...i've been rolling with this idea since Gen 5 announcement.....oh yessss....i'm so happy

If that was the case why would Iwata say it was for the DS...?

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow, one year. Well, I'm hoping Genreation 5 is at least on the first DS. Then I'll think about buying it.

I'm worried about the 3-D. What if the graphics suck?

natie

Mr. F

Well, it shows better on a bigger screen, but you don't sit 30 cm from your TV screen, do you? You'll most likely be able to see just as much details on the 3DS than on a big screen with more or less the same amount of pixels.

Lucas666

Dragon Trainer
Wow, one year. Well, I'm hoping Genreation 5 is at least on the first DS. Then I'll think about buying it.

I'm worried about the 3-D. What if the graphics suck?

Well, it's supposed to have GCN type graphics, so, they should be pretty good. And it is (supposedly) being created with the help of NVidia, so they probably won't be any worse than the DSPhat/DSLite/DSi.

SSJX

Energy is key.
If the 3DS has the same graphics as the current DS systems, the 3D might suck. But of couse I haven't seen 3D vision for N64 graphics. I really don't care about gprahics, but to make the 3D vision to it's best, you'll probably need better graphics than N64 graphics. Also, the pixels might become bigger and the graphics might look even worse than they are now. I do of course appreciate good graphics so having better graphics than the DS has now would be great. I love how they added a joystick, nice touch.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Well, it's supposed to have GCN type graphics, so, they should be pretty good. And it is (supposedly) being created with the help of NVidia, so they probably won't be any worse than the DSPhat/DSLite/DSi.

Wow, GCN type graphics? Interesting. Hopefully they turn out good.

BCVM22

I remember a a few weeks ago i read a post quoting a gamefreak employee who said that it had motion control was that statement fact?

It is not fact. Yet. Rumors say it has an accelerometer - not tantamount to actual motion control, for the record - but that's all they are for the moment.

natie

Mr. F
Bigger pixels =/= blurryness... Have you compared a DSi LL to a DS Phat or Lite yet? It actually looks better...