1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by TheLupineOne, Mar 23, 2010.

1. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Unlikely. Nintendo knows to give their AAA titles the stage to themselves. You don't do a full unveiling of something like that mixed in with other stuff in a Nintendo Direct.

To whatever extent you can believe what they say to the public, they've said several times that an original Zelda 3DS title comes first.

2. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Wait, he's a mod now? I never noticed. But yeah, can't wait for dat awakening. Probably one of the few games that I'm not joking about buying both a physical and a retail copy of. Also probably going to get all the DLC for it, provided they release all of it here.

3. Manna

Manna Rockin' the Suburbs

They're only looking at announced games, unfortunately, but I dunno, that doesn't mean they can't sneak in a logo though.

@BCVM22: I'd be inclined to believe you, but they announced New Super Mario Bros. 2 through an ND.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

There's one. Can you name any others?

Plus you just said they're looking at titles they've already announced. Makes it something of a moot point, doesn't it?

5. Manna

None that I can think of. This only started early this year and a lot of what came out this year was already announced last year, at least from Nintendo.

6. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure NSMB2 was talked about at an investor's meeting before being shown on a ND

7. Nanami

Nanami Banned

Tried the demo for the new Pokemon MD game and I have to say it is quite fun. Weird having them in full 3D but I liked it. Thinking of buying the game when I get my new debit card later this month in the mail. (Best way to buy it digital no shipping :)

Curious to see if Iwata has any new crazy antics for the next ND

8. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

Oh my goodness, it's you. Only these fan-fueled assumptions can only come from you.

9. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Suddenly I understand.

10. Jb

Jb Tsun in the streets

I swear if people do not shut up about this game...

11. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

People = Just him. Shut him up, and your wish will be granted.

12. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Eh...a good part of the Internet wants it but seriously the Wii Shop channel has it cheap, you don't need a polished port. The same great game will do and at a quarter of the price, who wouldn't say "no"? Though if there were an older title I would remake for the 3DS, it would be Four Swords Adventure. The only reason being the fact that the Wii U is limited to 2 pads maximum.

What else to talk about? Have put Paper Mario off due to Pokémon, Challenge Mode Nuzloke wasn't as hard as I had expected but still satisfyingly difficult and enjoyable. Going to start EV training soon. That's about it, not much to say.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  13. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Thinking about it a bit more, we'll probably get a confirmation on that Yoshi game that everyone and their mother knows about already, and US and EU will likely get news about Animal Crossing, along with Luigi's Mansion 2 and PMD 3DS, not to mention a few "Launch Window" Wii U titles that currently don't have concrete dates like Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101, and possibly the launch of a system update enabling Nintendo TVii, since it is December now. Maybe some sales numbers if Reggie feels like stroking his co ego.

I miss anything?

Edit: Judging from the system update my Wii U is downloading right now as I type, I was right about at least one thing. Now if it activates Nintendo TVii, that'll be another thing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  14. ForeverFlame

ForeverFlame WATER TRUMPETS

Maybe they'll announce Soul Hackers. It was also a part of the Miiverse leak, along with Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy III, etc.

Final Fantasy III has been *****d out to every single handheld in existence (and even the freaking Ouya) so it's only a matter of time before it arrives on the eShop.

But yeah, about Soul Hackers. I have a feeling ATLUS is going to announce it soon, probably before 2013 begins. I don't think they're going to release Eternal Punishment at this point, so Soul Hackers should be their next announcement.

15. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

It doesn't. Just a general system tune-up. People are reporting shorter loading times and other minor improvements.

16. ParaChomp

ParaChomp be your own guru

Yeah the inbetween load times were comparable to the PS3's, now they're fas...wrong thread! So, that handheld...

17. lindsy95

lindsy95 FC: 4428-2451-8791

Anything interesting on the Japanese direct? I missed it.
    Though I heard they were mainly focusing on the WiiU, anyway.

18. Manna

Nope. Just focusing on the Wii U launch there.

19. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

^ My twitter feed tells me otherwise looks like the Japanese nintendo direct was very interesting

20. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

Finally a release date for Fire Emblem: Awakening. February 4th.

But they're still silent about Animal Crossing :/