1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by TheLupineOne, Mar 23, 2010.

1. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

1) Harmo Knight has been confirmed to come over.
    2) Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon is coming sometime this Spring.
    3) Fire Emblem: Awakening comes out this February 4th.
    4) Brain Age: Concentration Training comes out sometime this Spring too.

2. lindsy95

lindsy95 FC: 4428-2451-8791

Feb 4th. Not bad.
    So excited! Thats close enough to the rumor date that it doesn't bother me :D

3. Flame Mistress

Flame Mistress Well-Known Member

What do you mean, no release date for AC: New Leaf yet?

At least there's a release date for Harmo Knight - wait, is that only for the US? Oh, it's for Europe too... thank goodness.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  4. Harmonie

Harmonie ♫ Ad vivere

Oh, Nintendo. You sure do seem to have so much confidence in that there Animal Crossing New Leaf. So much that you'd show it over NSMB2 DLC, some LEGO game, and random eShop titles that nobody cares about...

Tired of playing this game. It's beyond beyond ridiculous now (both beyonds intentional). I'd predict a Q1 2014 launch for the game, but I can't even say it will be out by then anymore. Last year I would have been ridiculed for suggesting it wouldn't be out by now, you know.

5. lindsy95

Sooo, anything good for you guys in Europe?

6. Manna

Manna Rockin' the Suburbs

No New Leaf release date?

NOA......*shakes fist*

7. Clamps

Clamps Warning: Jokes!

Animal Crossing is probably taking a while because of the same reason it took Fire Emblem a while to come over, there's a lot to translate. It was also only recently released in Japan, compared to Awakening's April release date.

Besides, there's going to be a Nintendo direct in February if the "every other month" pattern continues, and since it was a pretty big focus in the last one and isn't coming out before February, there's no real reason to mention it. They know it's coming. You know it's coming. We know it's coming. Let's focus on some things that haven't been announced yet.

8. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Nope the Nintendo direct didn't really show anything new aside from HarmoKnight.

Then again I didn't really expect much from Nintendo.

9. Asrialys

Asrialys Well-Known Member

Unless they're paying significantly less for translations or spreading the same translators over several projects at the same time, I don't see this as that valid of a reason. Wild World and City Folk got international releases very close to each other. Apparently, New Leaf takes a special cartridge that takes a while to mass produce. Besides translations, the cartridge is the most likely reason that I see fitting. And I would guess that Nintendo doesn't want the digital and physical versions to be released separately.

I wish we knew more...

10. lindsy95

After staring at the FE portion way too hard, Alms english name is Alm :D
    I was just hoping they wouldn't call him Arum.

This also pretty much confirms us getting all the japan exclusive characters In DLC.

LoL I'll give them credit, Lon'Qu is a pretty interesting interpretation of 'Ronku'...

The Animal Crossing situation sounds... entertaining.

11. Clamps

Wild World and City Folk also had far less new things to translate compared to New Leaf, if reports from people playing the Japanese version are to be believed.

Wait, what? Also, Callum is Kellam, only shows up for a few frames at 25:31 in the YT video.

12. Nanami

Nanami Banned

What are you talking about? I know loads of people happy for Lego. The game looks amazing.

13. Clamps

Agreed. Lego GTA sounds like an amazing experience. Kind of bummed it wasn't a launch title.

14. Harmonie

Harmonie ♫ Ad vivere

It's not a matter of translation. The release dates of the Animal Crossing series have not been this consistently spaced out. For example, City Folk came out really fast. I don't remember where exactly in relation to its Japanese release date. It might have been right out with it or even slightly before.

15. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I'm with you too, I think the game looks really interesting. Not to mention the Lego games are typically pretty good.

16. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

Same here.

And the Lego toys, so much fun to be had.

17. Clamps

You don't seem to understand how much new things to translate this game has compared to other Animal Crossing releases. The previous games were more like expansion packs, the returning villagers basically had the same dialogue in each subsequent game. That means all Nintendo had to do was copypaste the old dialogue, maybe reword it a bit to make it seem less lazy, and translate what little new dialogue was introduced by the few new characters.

In New Leaf, they've all got completely new dialogue. And there are new characters. So yeah, this is going to take a while. Also, the original Animal Crossing took over a year to be released in the US after its Japanese release, to put it into perspective.

18. Manna

Manna Rockin' the Suburbs

Wow, that HarmoKnight game actually looks like a ton of fun.

And Pokemon levels? Sign me up.

19. arceus7

arceus7 Arcane Of The Wild

a rythym game by gamefreak is coming to the eshop

20. blaze boy

blaze boy Aka SamuraiDon

If you can do reading for your study, then you can do the same by meanly reading the last couples of post.

Hint: try reading from 515.