• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

silver_phoenix

Fluffy Pokemon Trainer
So, I spent a lot of money for my new 3DS XL in the past two days. Yesterday I bought a $35 e-shop card and got all three Gen 1 Pokemon games. Today I bought a Legend of Zelda carrying case that comes with a screen cleaner that looks like a map of Hyrule and two stylus' (one that looks like a Master Sword and the other has the Hylian Shield on it). I also bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Kart 7. To say the least Nintendo is getting a lot of my money lately and it's all a good thing.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i have a question regarding the circle pad for my 3ds XL. for the past 2 months or so i started putting a piece of paper to jam the control while i hatch eggs in the center of lumiouse city. i just noticed that i have pushed up the circle pad up by 1mm since ive started jamming it. im able to push it down a bit after removing a thin piece of paper under it. the thickness of paper that i notice the most issues with is the thickness of a kleenex box cardboard scrap. i did just barely push the paper far enough in to get the character moving in the right direction with the circle pad.

i have no current issues about it but what is the worst that can happen if the circle pad gets fully pushed off the 3ds? atm i dont think i'll be doing that trick any more. im not sure if its just the cap or the actual nub that might be getting loose.

Last edited:

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
i have a question regarding the circle pad for my 3ds XL. for the past 2 months or so i started putting a piece of paper to jam the control while i hatch eggs in the center of lumiouse city. i just noticed that i have pushed up the circle pad up by 1mm since ive started jamming it. im able to push it down a bit after removing a thin piece of paper under it. the thickness of paper that i notice the most issues with is the thickness of a kleenex box cardboard scrap. i did just barely push the paper far enough in to get the character moving in the right direction with the circle pad.

i have no current issues about it but what is the worst that can happen if the circle pad gets fully pushed off the 3ds? atm i dont think i'll be doing that trick any more. im not sure if its just the cap or the actual nub that might be getting loose.

Obviously the worst that can happen is that you'll have a 3DS without a circle pad. It'll be a stick.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Obviously the worst that can happen is that you'll have a 3DS without a circle pad. It'll be a stick.

thank you for the reply Hydrohs. my biggest worry would've been that it would render the circle pad useless and break some connections to the circuit board. i dont plan of getting another 3ds just BC i might've destroy the controls of my current 3ds. i can deal with a stick for a circle pad in a worse case scenario. i actually really like the circle pad so i will be careful with it from now on. i long since have realized the circle pad has priority control over the D-pad. i dont intend to get the circle pad broken to stay in 1 particular direction.

Last edited:

Eternal Darkness

Eternal Evil
Preorders are up on Amazon for the Nintendo Select titles. Also, if you have Prime, they're part of the 20% off program Amazon is now doing, so you save 4 more dollars off of that

As a reminder, they are Pikmin 3, OoT3D, Donkey Kong Country Returns and 3D, Tropical Freeze, 3D World, Super Mario All Stars, NES Remix Pack, Mario Party Island Tour, AC: City Folk, SMG2, and Yoshi's New Island

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
So apparently the Japanese eShop was datamined and it was discovered that VC versions of Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, the first three Dragon Quest games, and some other unimportant games are slated for release in the future. Hopefully we'll be treated to Final Fantasy VI.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So apparently the Japanese eShop was datamined and it was discovered that VC versions of Final Fantasy V, Final Fantasy VI, the first three Dragon Quest games, and some other unimportant games are slated for release in the future. Hopefully we'll be treated to Final Fantasy VI.

Squenix has been extremely lousy for oversea releases. Not even Europe gets better treatment.

We only have FFTA, which didn't somehow get Miiverse snapshot sharing.

Last edited:

R_N

Knowin NoA, we won't get those at all

Once the stuff outlined in the direct are out, I feel it's a guarantee NoA will drop it just like they did Wii games on Wii U, even though Japan has many more titles lined up within ITS direct (including all 3 mega man x games, assorted capcom fighters, etc) that would have no problem coming over here.

Jb

Tsun in the streets
So, I spent a lot of money for my new 3DS XL in the past two days. Yesterday I bought a $35 e-shop card and got all three Gen 1 Pokemon games. Today I bought a Legend of Zelda carrying case that comes with a screen cleaner that looks like a map of Hyrule and two stylus' (one that looks like a Master Sword and the other has the Hylian Shield on it). I also bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds and Mario Kart 7. To say the least Nintendo is getting a lot of my money lately and it's all a good thing.

Why would get all 3 versions of Pokemon? Yellow would of been just fine

Rio!

Composer
Why would get all 3 versions of Pokemon? Yellow would of been just fine

Yellow probably would not have been fine by itself since people would have been nit-picking about only one out of three Gen I games to be chosen to be purchased. Even just glancing over the forum, some players have gone about downloading at least 1-2 versions anyways.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Better glitches? What notable glitches does Yellow have that RB don't?
Going off of Bulbapedia, there are only 2 glitches exclusive to Yellow: one where you can boosts Pikachu's friendship value with items that have no effect (i.e. using a Full Restore when it's at full HP) and one that forces Pikachu off screen with Glitch City shenanigans.

I think some other glitches work differently, like Missingno., but otherwise I don't think Yellow has any noteworthy glitches that Red and Blue lack.

nel3

Crimson Dragon
i remember my PKMN yellow days on my GB color. i really like yellow back then. i found the surfing pikachu game rather fun back then. im not sire if you can get a legit surfing pikachu in yellow but i had the game shark back them. i did some interesting things to my silver/yellow cartridges back then to mess up the games to render the quick dex catching function on the game shark useless.

though yellow had its advantages for certain things which i really liked.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
i remember my PKMN yellow days on my GB color. i really like yellow back then. i found the surfing pikachu game rather fun back then. im not sire if you can get a legit surfing pikachu in yellow but i had the game shark back them. i did some interesting things to my silver/yellow cartridges back then to mess up the games to render the quick dex catching function on the game shark useless.
You had to do something in Pokemon Stadium exclusive with the Pikachu you get in Yellow. You can read about it on bulbapedia/gamefaqs.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector

[img139]http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii112/kyle72686/57C06810-07A0-4887-84AE-C2806BB0EEE5.jpg[/img139]

I have always been shocked that people are willing to shove pennies, paper, etc. under their circle pads when it's so much safer to just clamp the D-pad with a chip clip or other type of clip. I suggest changing methods if you have a spare chip clip.