• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Thanks for the all the advice everyone! I think I'm gonna check some other GAME stores further out and see if they have the games I'm after in stock as my local one didn't have any.

The other 2 titles I'm after are non-pokemon titles, one is "Phantasy Star 0" and the other is "Solatorobo- Red The Hunter" has anyone played these games? I've heard really good things about both, also considering a RPG I recently heard of called Nostalgia for the DS but haven't made my mind up on that one.

GAME is where I get almost all of my games and I've yet to get a counterfeit game so I'd say they're your best bet outside of buying online. I've gotten a few games from CEX as well and they've all be real so you can try them as well.

I haven't heard of Solatorobo but I do have Phantasy Star 0. The gameplay is fun and it looks pretty nice for a DS game so I would recommend getting it, especially if you like other Phantasy Star games. I imported the game in Japanese though so I have no idea what the story mode is about.

jvl

Slug Nation
I haven't heard of Solatorobo but I do have Phantasy Star 0. The gameplay is fun and it looks pretty nice for a DS game so I would recommend getting it, especially if you like other Phantasy Star games. I imported the game in Japanese though so I have no idea what the story mode is about.

It would actually be my first Phantasy Star game, I found all three of those titles on Hidden gems on the DS videos on youtube when I was looking for some more titles to add to my 3DS library. I've seen gameplay though and think it looks interesting. Would you you recommend it as someone completely new to the franchise?

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
It would actually be my first Phantasy Star game, I found all three of those titles on Hidden gems on the DS videos on youtube when I was looking for some more titles to add to my 3DS library. I've seen gameplay though and think it looks interesting. Would you you recommend it as someone completely new to the franchise?

PSZ is separate from other Phantasy Star games so it should be easy to get into even if you haven't played one previously. You don't need to know anything about previous games to enjoy it so I'd recommend it for newcomers to the series as well.

Genos

The Indigo Disk

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I plan on getting Detective Pikachu. I’ve been interested in the game since it was announced back in Gen 5.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Detective Pikachu was announced iin development near the end of Gen 5. Then we literally heard nothing about it for about two and a half years. I’m not surprised people forget it was first revealed so long ago. The reveal was literally the only thing known about it other than there was a special talking Pikachu with a detective hat and hints about a blue Pikachu being important to the story.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Besides Detective Pikachu, the only game that interests me this year is probably Dragon Quest XI, since I'm used to playing the series on handheld.

But if the Switch version ends up being announced to be released as the same time as the PS4 and 3DS versions, then I guess it's just one game for the year.

Don't think any of the big series are releasing a major title for this system anymore.

R_N

Besides Detective Pikachu, the only game that interests me this year is probably Dragon Quest XI, since I'm used to playing the series on handheld.

But if the Switch version ends up being announced to be released as the same time as the PS4 and 3DS versions, then I guess it's just one game for the year.

Don't think any of the big series are releasing a major title for this system anymore.

Even minor titles are pretty few & far at this point. Persona Q 2 is like the closest thing to a "notable" title I can think of and even then we haven't actually heard anything about it since its initial tease. There's also that sushi game no one cares about.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Even minor titles are pretty few & far at this point. Persona Q 2 is like the closest thing to a "notable" title I can think of and even then we haven't actually heard anything about it since its initial tease. There's also that sushi game no one cares about.

From the looks of it, by the time Q 2 releases, I'm pretty sure there'd be more Switch games that I'd want and spend towards that.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Surprised to see they jumped to Inside Story remake before Partners in Time.
Edit: With WarioWare Gold, the only old IPs that remain to be seen in 3DS are Wario Land and Golden Sun.
Edit 2: Dillon's new outfit and plot is a reference to Hokuto no Ken.

Last edited:

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Man, the 3DS just doesn't die, it's getting games into 2019? Would've expected less games over the next year than it's gotten.

R_N

Man, the 3DS just doesn't die, it's getting games into 2019? Would've expected less games over the next year than it's gotten.

Game
Singular

I mean that probably means there's a few more but this was the most baffling part of the entire direct. Announcing a remake for 3ds.........for 2019. Here, now, in March 2018.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Is it really? Thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay and the story, especially the touch screen features.

Superstar Saga had secrets.

Partners in Time didn't.

Superstar Saga had a bunch of mini-games.

Partners in Time had like one or two in a place you wouldn't think about going back (the volcano, at which point the story goes into overdrive).

SS had relatively fair boss fights.

PiT had bosses and enemies so hard that the international version had to be altered to make them easier to deal with.

SS had you going back to old areas to see new places.

PiT put you on a damn train that discouraged you from going back to old places, because they technically were left empty after a first run.